HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

More Credits for CBE3_

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted November 20 2012 - 10:20 AM

will we get MOAR_ Like in CBE2_

Oh and btw i really like the fact that you changed it from points to credits, it fits the feel of the game better imo.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#2 Astrolis

Astrolis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted November 20 2012 - 10:21 AM

Bases off CBE1 and CBE2, I have to say yes, we will be getting more points to play with as I'm assuming there will be more mechs, items (possible), etc that are going to be on CBE3
Posted Image

#3 CyanideFuse

CyanideFuse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted November 20 2012 - 10:31 AM

I just logged in and I had 28000 Hawken Credits and 4800 Meteor Credits.  Mech levels and equipment have been reset too.

Edit: I just tried to re-login and I got a message of not being authorised.  Patience is not my strong point :)

Edited by CyanideFuse, November 20 2012 - 10:35 AM.

#4 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 20 2012 - 10:46 AM

View PostCyanideFuse, on November 20 2012 - 10:31 AM, said:

I just logged in and I had 28000 Hawken Credits and 4800 Meteor Credits.  Mech levels and equipment have been reset too.
I saw the same.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#5 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted November 20 2012 - 10:51 AM

Same here.
But i find it odd that levels were reset as Devs assured us there would be no wipe between CBE2 and CBE3...
So that is either temporary, or someone has some explaining to do.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

#6 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 20 2012 - 10:55 AM

View PostDread_Lord_Pitr, on November 20 2012 - 10:51 AM, said:

But i find it odd that levels were reset as Devs assured us there would be no wipe between CBE2 and CBE3...
Servers aren't completely live yet, that might just be a case of things not picking up completely. I popped into the client last night and it said I had 0 Hawken points and 4800 Meteor points, but I couldn't spend any of them.

It's also possible that the levels were wiped because of rebalancing of the progression system. People who've read what I've been saying, regarding the wipe, will know that you should expect a wipe at any time in the name of testing during Closed Beta.

Edited by Elix, November 20 2012 - 10:55 AM.

HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#7 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 11:06 AM

Well the thing is, why announce that there will be no wipe if they're not sure about it _
Seems counter-productive; i can already see the pile of complaint threads now if this turns out not to be a flaw.
I'd also note that as of this moment, not only all my experience, lvls etc are gone but also my Mechs, which would indicate a full wipe.
Personally, with the amount of points we got, and this being CB, i don't give a hoot, because as you stated so aptly, it's to be expected...
But as i noted, some players will be far from understanding on this, especially with the announcement the way it is.

But i've got this feeling that when i log in in about an hour or so, things will probably be resolved.
If not, no probs, as a more level playingfield should mean less complaining from new players in CBE3.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_

#8 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 20 2012 - 11:14 AM

View PostDread_Lord_Pitr, on November 20 2012 - 11:06 AM, said:

Well the thing is, why announce that there will be no wipe if they're not sure about it _
Perhaps server gremlins ate all the data, or they had to significantly change something after they made the announcement.
It's a Closed Beta.
!@#$ happens.

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#9 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 20 2012 - 11:17 AM

There's announcing that there will not ever, ever, ever be a wipe (before the wipe that will definitely happen before the start of Open Beta), and announcing that there are no plans to issue a wipe before the start of Open Beta. One is a promise that something will never happen, the other is a statement that there are no expected wipes coming up, but it does not rule them out entirely.

Which one of these two things did Adhesive announce_

See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.

#10 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 20 2012 - 11:19 AM

I think it's gonna be a fresh start... time will tell though ( in brief) :)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#11 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 11:43 AM

View PostElix, on November 20 2012 - 11:17 AM, said:

There's announcing that there will not ever, ever, ever be a wipe (before the wipe that will definitely happen before the start of Open Beta), and announcing that there are no plans to issue a wipe before the start of Open Beta. One is a promise that something will never happen, the other is a statement that there are no expected wipes coming up, but it does not rule them out entirely.

Let me quote the official announcement ;

View PostScapes, on November 19 2012 - 09:51 PM, said:

Will you be wiping between the last Closed Beta event and this one_
No, you can continue building out the mechs you've come to know and love.

Looks like a fairly absolute statement to me.

#12 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 20 2012 - 11:48 AM

All right. And now we wait the approximately fifteen minutes for the servers to be open to log in, and we'll see what we've got.

When I was poking around in the client, I still had all my mechs' progression saved, my points just got reset to unknown values (0HC/thousands MP; couldn't spend them).

#13 Panssarikauha

Panssarikauha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted November 20 2012 - 11:51 AM

I want my patch... And I wouldnt mind a credit / HP softwipe, as in we could re-allocate them if we had made a bad purchase if the previous Betas.
Alpha: [Check]
CB1:     [Check]       CB2:   [Check]   CB3:   [Check]
OB:       [In Progress]

Berserker:  [Locked & Loaded]

#14 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 20 2012 - 12:08 PM

View PostDread_Lord_Pitr, on November 20 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

View PostElix, on November 20 2012 - 11:17 AM, said:

Let me quote the official announcement ;

View PostScapes, on November 19 2012 - 09:51 PM, said:

Will you be wiping between the last Closed Beta event and this one_
No, you can continue building out the mechs you've come to know and love.

Looks like a fairly absolute statement to me.
*Ahem*

View PostHugs, on November 20 2012 - 11:56 AM, said:

Hey gang,

Unfortunately, the only solution to an issue we absolutely had to resolve required us to reset all accounts. It's the nature of beta, but it doesn't mean it doesn't sorta suck. I'm sorry about that.  

The good news is you get reset to 4800 MC. For those of you who have already purchased The Vanguard Initiative your purchase items are still going to be available at Open Beta on December 12.

The additional good news is that for CBE3 we'll be giving you access to THREE new mechs, a new toy for the Grenadier and Rocketeer classes, new paint patterns and more (go here for the complete CBE3 patch notes: http://community.pla...e3-patch-notes/)

We're spinning up the warp drives now-- should be live shortly!

AJK is right

#15 Etan

Etan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMInnesota

Posted November 20 2012 - 12:14 PM

So do we get the new mechs for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee_ i want to test them but i also want to check out changes on SS and inflitrator with the new interals and item cooldown
Posted Image

#16 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 12:43 PM

Oh well, Fuzzy Bunnies happen.
And like i said, this way the newbies get a bit more of a fair fight...
For the first 2 rounds :ph34r:

Edited by Dread_Lord_Pitr, November 20 2012 - 12:43 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users