HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Syncing account failed

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Crayyon

Crayyon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 02:35 PM

During the initial login and sync when opening the game I get the "Syncing Account Failed" error with no error code/description given. It has not successfully synced once, effectively preventing me from doing anything besides exiting the game. This is a fresh client install.

Summary: Account will not sync, locking me out of the game.
Reproduction: Unknown cause
Frequency: 100% of the time so far (around 40-50 tries)
Severity: 5 - Preventing me from playing the game
Additional notes: Previous game client was uninstalled and fresh one installed. Never had this issue in previous tests

#2 DontWorryAboutIt

DontWorryAboutIt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 02:58 PM

Same thing happens to me on a fresh install as well. Although after the initial failure it prompts me to put my password in again, I'll do that and it will log me in to what seems to be a fresh account, none of my mechs are there with none of their levels.

#3 Strutt

Strutt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Location6 o'clock

Posted November 20 2012 - 02:59 PM

I have the self same problem as the OP. Also, I can't enter an @ character into the in-game login prompt for my email address because it opens the console window instead. I also can't cut and paste anything into those boxes to work around the issue, which makes logging in in-game impossible. (and I'm not going to type a 256+ bit password in manually either, but that's my own choice).

edit: OK, I can use alt+064 to produce an @ character, and with a human-sane password I can log into the game from within the client. It seems there may be a problem with the hand-off of credentials from the launcher to the client. FYI to the devs about the @/console thing - I'm using a UK charset.

Good luck to everyone else.

Edited by Strutt, November 20 2012 - 03:14 PM.

#4 Demloc

Demloc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 03:18 PM

Same problem here, at least i´m able to play some rounds but i get an out of sync now an then. It ussually happens when i click the launch button to start a match.

Edited by Demloc, November 20 2012 - 03:18 PM.

#5 Ph33r

Ph33r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 03:28 PM

I have the same problem as the OP as well. I can occasionally sync and I managed to get into a game but after my first death, when I clicked on Launch, the syncing icon came up and just stayed there. I could only exit the game.

#6 Crayyon

Crayyon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 03:35 PM

Uninstalled and installed the client again. Same thing happening. It hasn't successfully synced even once yet, making me very sad because I really want to play!

#7 Strutt

Strutt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Location6 o'clock

Posted November 20 2012 - 03:49 PM

View PostCrayyon, on November 20 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

Uninstalled and installed the client again. Same thing happening. It hasn't successfully synced even once yet, making me very sad because I really want to play!
Have you tried manually entering your credentials in-game_ You should get a prompt for your email and password after you close the red error message about the sync issue.

#8 Lord_Trent_Kellan

Lord_Trent_Kellan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 03:49 PM

I very frequently have this issue, though it is not to the point of locking me out.  I get it randomly and frequently, usually 1-2, sometimes 3 times in a row, but then am able to sync.

I wonder what's causing this.  Bad glitch though.  Only very annoying for some, but locking out entirely for others...

#9 Crayyon

Crayyon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 03:53 PM

View PostStrutt, on November 20 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

View PostCrayyon, on November 20 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

Have you tried manually entering your credentials in-game_ You should get a prompt for your email and password after you close the red error message about the sync issue.

Yes, every time the error pops up I am prompted again, and every time I re-enter my info I get the same error. The login itself appears to be successful as I see my name appear on the top of the screen, but the account syncing fails every time. That login prompt is actually the only reason I can even exit the game without forcibly closing it.

#10 Zanity

Zanity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 03:58 PM

I get massive snycing account failed, about 10 tries now, 9 will fail, 1 will connect, when i do connect, it says "rejecting connection request because player is already on a server". The game is unplayable at this point.

#11 F15H3R

F15H3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted November 20 2012 - 04:00 PM

View PostCrayyon, on November 20 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

Yes, every time the error pops up I am prompted again, and every time I re-enter my info I get the same error. The login itself appears to be successful as I see my name appear on the top of the screen, but the account syncing fails every time. That login prompt is actually the only reason I can even exit the game without forcibly closing it.

Exactly this.  No other issues, but at this point I can't even play anymore.  I just made a fresh pot of coffee, damnit!
Posted Image
ASUS G73 Laptop on to a 36" HDTV | Intel i7 Q720 Quad-Core CPU | ATI Mobility HD5870 GPU | 8GB RAM

#12 WarPig

WarPig

Mech Assimilations

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationOneida, NY

Posted November 20 2012 - 04:03 PM

same boat.
Posted Image

#13 YoL8R

YoL8R

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 04:13 PM

Yeah actually it happens to me too. After updating to beta3 my account isn't syncing anymore as well in 3 of 4 times. The time it worked all my stats are reseted, but maybe that was intended. I'm just wondering because in transition from beta1 to beta2 there was no change in account information.

#14 Lance

Lance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted November 20 2012 - 04:14 PM

Well looks like most of us are getting screwed from this syncing issue, I'm sure the team is working on it, I guess i might as well try Planetside 2 while they figure it out. BUT I REALLY JUST WANNA PLAY HAWKEN!!

#15 sakenagi

sakenagi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 04:14 PM

like all online games.   the first 2 weeks will go through hell.

about half the population that wants to play hawken will not be able to on release.   it doesn't matter how perfect the open beta is.   it's inevitable.

same with playing world of warcraft.   i don't buy the expansion until like 2 weeks later.   i'll let them sort all out the latency and bugs and frustrations before i dig into the content.

if hawken can have perfect servers running on release date.  mad props.   it's never been done before though.

#16 iamhoshi

iamhoshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted November 20 2012 - 04:17 PM

same here.

#17 Lance

Lance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted November 20 2012 - 04:18 PM

Hey i made it in! :D

#18 Heat_Thief

Heat_Thief

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 04:52 PM

View PostStrutt, on November 20 2012 - 02:59 PM, said:

I have the self same problem as the OP. Also, I can't enter an @ character into the in-game login prompt for my email address because it opens the console window instead. I also can't cut and paste anything into those boxes to work around the issue, which makes logging in in-game impossible. (and I'm not going to type a 256+ bit password in manually either, but that's my own choice).

edit: OK, I can use alt+064 to produce an @ character, and with a human-sane password I can log into the game from within the client. It seems there may be a problem with the hand-off of credentials from the launcher to the client. FYI to the devs about the @/console thing - I'm using a UK charset.

Good luck to everyone else.

I am also suffering from this exact same problem.  Any attempt to log in from the launcher is met with "Synching account failed. Error: "  I cannot manually enter my login details as pressing my @ key opens up the command console ( I'm also using a UK layout keyboard).  I used the work around mentioned in the quote above, using the Alt + 064 thing. (pro tip: make sure your num lock is on!)

#19 RipperT

RipperT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationEarth, last time I checked

Posted November 20 2012 - 05:05 PM

This issue has been happening to me when exiting a match approx. 90% of the time. I have been able to enter the game and use the matchmaker with minimal issues unless I recently exited from a match of any type.

#20 Crayyon

Crayyon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 05:38 PM

Still at 100% fail rate out of hundreds of tries. Haven't even made it to the garage or video settings to change the super low default resolution. I have no problem with typing my email conflicting with the console or anything, but all that has meant is I'm able to get sync failures faster than quitting and opening from the launcher.

I was really looking forward to this beta event, but this is incredibly frustrating.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users