HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Scout 1st impressions

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#121 Timber_Wolf

Timber_Wolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 02:20 PM

I love my berserker to death, though... D:
Chicks dig giant robots.

#122 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 02:23 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 26 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:

View PostTimber_Wolf, on November 26 2012 - 01:58 PM, said:

I can agree with that beemann.  I think the mini flaks dps needs a drop, and giving the flak to B and C isnt horrible.  I think it needs slightly higher dps, or comparable at worst, than the current vulcan to make up for range though.

EDIT: agree on level twenty weps and more variety needed.  The SMC works as a placeholder and the berserker uses it better.
The Vulcan's current DPS is mitigated by a spin-up time and high heat generation.
The Mini-Flak doesn't have these drawbacks, and without similar ones, it shouldn't be able to pull off that sort of DPS.
I think they meant for it's draw back to be range/spread & that it's suppose to be on a low health class but it didn't work as well as they thought it would.

#123 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 26 2012 - 02:27 PM

View PostNecro, on November 26 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

I can agree with that beemann.  I think the mini flaks dps needs a drop, and giving the flak to B and C isnt horrible.  I think it needs slightly higher dps, or comparable at worst, than the current vulcan to make up for range though.

EDIT: agree on level twenty weps and more variety needed.  The SMC works as a placeholder and the berserker uses it better.
The Vulcan's current DPS is mitigated by a spin-up time and high heat generation.
The Mini-Flak doesn't have these drawbacks, and without similar ones, it shouldn't be able to pull off that sort of DPS.
I think they meant for it's draw back to be range/spread & that it's suppose to be on a low health class but it didn't work as well as they thought it would.
Except the Vulcan has those exact same drawbacks.
Spread/range would have to be stupidly exaggerated if the Mini-Flak would have be able to have Vulcan DPS without a heat gen/start up time drawback.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#124 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 02:31 PM

I hope they add a drawback that can be overcome like the start-up time on the vulcan.
(shooting before you see then)

#125 Timber_Wolf

Timber_Wolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 02:56 PM

Except it has TOTALLY DIFFERENT drawbacks.  Don't act like you can't use the vulcan at mid-range, cause you totally can.  As for spin up time, it can be mitigated with prediction and only matters if you and your enemy start firing at the exact same time.  Missed a few rounds here and there with the vulcan_  Good thing it fires so many!  Missed a couple bursts with the mini_  Well, enjoy losing out on all that damage  The mini can ONLY be used at extreme close range and if you tried fighting a vulcan user with it at the range he's good at, he'd chew you up and spit you out. And since you're an A class you can't reliably use your TOW at that range without hurting yourself either.  If you want the DPS that low, there'd be no point in using it at all.  I'd just use the SMC since their damage is that close AND I'm less penalized if I miss a few bullets.

Missing a couple rounds with the mini would be even worse while the vulcan can afford to miss some here and there.  
Oh, you're charging me with your mini_  Too bad my vulcan is shooting you before you're within optimal range.
Oh, you got within range without taking damage_  Too bad my vulcan still out DPSes you.
That's not working_  Oh, well since I probably have more health than you, excuse me while I hellfire/TOW/whatever you and you get hurt way worse.  
gg mini-flak user, time to go back to berserker since you just made the mini-flak garbage.

Edited by Timber_Wolf, November 26 2012 - 02:58 PM.

Chicks dig giant robots.

#126 fwip

fwip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationFuture Pittsburgh

Posted November 26 2012 - 03:15 PM

View PostTimber_Wolf, on November 26 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

gg mini-flak user, time to go back to berserker since you just made the mini-flak garbage.
There's a difference between toning something down and making it garbage.
Posted Image

#127 Timber_Wolf

Timber_Wolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 03:22 PM

View Postfwip, on November 26 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

View PostTimber_Wolf, on November 26 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

There's a difference between toning something down and making it garbage.
And giving it a dps lower than that of the vulcan is making it garbage.
It needs to be toned down, but not that much.
Chicks dig giant robots.

#128 Flakkjack

Flakkjack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted November 26 2012 - 09:58 PM

Please don't Bruiserize the scout!
Posted Image

#129 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 26 2012 - 10:53 PM

View PostTimber_Wolf, on November 26 2012 - 03:22 PM, said:

And giving it a dps lower than that of the vulcan is making it garbage.
It needs to be toned down, but not that much.
Dunno about the current vulcan, but it should definitely have lower DPS than the pre-nerf vulcan
Also consistent spread please. Range limits should be consistent, as should damage at a given range
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users