• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Ninja_Goat

Ninja_Goat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

In previous years there were 2 Valentine camo's made available for a limited time around... you guessed it valentines.

I know that time has passed this year, and was before Reloaded rescued the game.

But I for one would love to show my appreciation to Reloaded, and drop some MC on them.  Any chance capnjosh ?

(most people are dying for new content and here is some that most players won't have, same argument for Halloween and Christmas stuff,  it certainly feels like Christmas in Hawken right now :thumbsup:)

• SOD_CyberTormentor likes this

Silent_

Silent_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Agreed, I didnt get them last year so I was waiting for this year just to see that they never became available.

n3onfx

n3onfx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Yeah how about a Super Holiday Week, let's just pretend it's Christmas, Easter and Halloween for one week so that we can catch up on all the dates missed the last 2 years.

It's content already on the servers that you just have to unlock, easy to do for Reloaded and it will make players happy.

• Miscellaneous, Auth0ritarian, M3CH47 and 1 other like this

t

t

DWEH3ZP.png   CRITICAL  RqKpxHn.png    ASSIST   VDNrFxD.png

t

t

Ninja_Goat

Ninja_Goat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

^^ This 100%

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
As an owner of these skins, I enjoy the exclusivity. I'm all for new skins, but ruining exclusivity is not something that I believe should be done.
  • talon70, xDragonx and SOD_CyberTormentor like this

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

n3onfx

n3onfx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

As an owner of these skins, I enjoy the exclusivity.

That's a nice argument and everything but as a not-owner of these skins, I don't enjoy the exclusivity.

• DerMax, ticklemyiguana and Ninja_Goat like this

t

t

t

t

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

As an owner of these skins, I enjoy the exclusivity. I'm all for new skins, but ruining exclusivity is not something that I believe should be done.

I see holiday skins differently than other exclusives such as the alpha skin or vanguard initiative. I don't think holiday skins should be available outside of the correct season, but they should continue to be offered during said seasons.

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

Ninja_Goat

Ninja_Goat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

I see holiday skins differently than other exclusives such as the alpha skin or vanguard initiative. I don't think holiday skins should be available outside of the correct season, but they should continue to be offered during said seasons.

I agree with this with this exception..... these camo's were not made available during said seasons as game was not in a fit state.  The idea of a one off holiday week to re-balance that is a great idea, then by all means go back to only available at the correct season.  

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

That's a nice argument and everything but as a not-owner of these skins, I don't enjoy the exclusivity.

That's the point.

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

IamSrk

IamSrk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

That's the point.

There are newbies who just registered and would like to purchase and support Hawken Development. What about that?

Cup Cake Cameo should also be made available for everyone to purchase. 

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

There are newbies who just registered and would like to purchase and support Hawken Development. What about that?

Cup Cake Cameo should also be made available for everyone to purchase. 

Cupcake is never coming back, I would bet you all my MC on it. Even though I don't have it, I fully agree that it shouldn't come back.

• Merl61 likes this

JgQjgkx.png

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Here is what I remember regarding the 'non-standard' cosmetics...

Valentines day camos:

The hearts pattern was a freebe as ADH was testing part of the system at the time, and that particular camo was part of it (I don't recall the exact thing they were testing, it had something to do with global vs mech specific items I think).  The others were MC only.

Christmas cosmetics:

MC only, but have reappeared at least once since their initial release.  Thrusters and drone were rentals for HC.

Chinese New Year cosmetics:

MC only, have not reappeared since initial release.

Alpha and closed beta camos:

Definitely limited time only, were free, but you had to have been a registered player during those phases

Initiate Vanguard mech and cupcake cosmetics:

Real money only (couldn't buy it with MC), was sold as limited time to anyone who wanted to spend the money, regardless if they were a registered player or not.

Alpha/closed beta cosmetics:

A few have been released, but there are still more that have not.

IMO, if people want new content (which is obvious that they do), Reloaded should look into making the alpha/closed beta stuff available along with the seasonal cosmetics as well either now for the holidays that have already passed (valentines day, Chinese new year) or in the future when the appropriate time is reached (Christmas).

As for the cupcake, no no, and no.  Again IMO, re-releasing the VI cosmetics will do more harm long term than any short term good by alienating long term players who paid a premium for a 'limited time' cosmetic package, who also happen to be people who are very likely to spend more money on the game.

• n3onfx likes this

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

The "one time exclusive" stuff is just that. One time only. Break that and no one will ever believe what is said about "limited" or "one time". Cupcake? No absolutely not. I didn't get it because I could afford it at the time and I still think its the right thing. I didn't get my beta camo, put in a ticket and one of devs gave it to me. Now is is missing again as is my valentines camo. (which I did think was a odd skin, lol.) I wasn't in alpha so I never had that. And I didn't buy most of the other offered skins or stuff other than was was offered in game for MC or HC.  I have a ticket in and I'm waiting for them. They think my account is corrupted. I hope they can get my stuff back. It would be so wonderful. Keeping my fingers crossed. :D I worked hard for that stuff. Yes I also think the seasonal stuff should be made available again. Maybe a new skin for each season will be offered to differentiate between what year it was given. That might work.

• bacon_avenger likes this

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

IMO, if people want new content (which is obvious that they do), Reloaded should look into making the alpha/closed beta stuff available along with the seasonal cosmetics as well either now for the holidays that have already passed (valentines day, Chinese new year) or in the future when the appropriate time is reached (Christmas).

As for the cupcake, no no, and no.  Again IMO, re-releasing the VI cosmetics will do more harm long term than any short term good by alienating long term players who paid a premium for a 'limited time' cosmetic package, who also happen to be people who are very likely to spend more money on the game.

As long as the alpha/beta stuff was not like a participation award, but something that was purchaseable then and not now, I totally agree.

Fully agree when it comes to re-releasing exclusives.

JgQjgkx.png

n3onfx

n3onfx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

That's what I meant by "make it available again". I like the idea of alpha/beta and the cupcake skins being exclusives and I get what Merl was saying, but just like the OP said, make the seasonal stuff available for a short time at least for the people who didn't have a chance to get it the past year because of Hawken being in limbo.

t

t

t

t

Ninja_Goat

Ninja_Goat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Hate to burst the bubble of the "exclusivity club", but in real life business there's no such thing.

In Gaming, Pre-order exclusivity bonus's are regularly made available at a later date if there is demand for it.

Console exclusive titles are regularly made cross platform later on.

All Exclusive really means is "for a while no-one else can get it".  Any business that doesn't work to that model in today's cut throat market is deluded and putting itself at a disadvantage.

I have worked in a multi national billion dollar business for 16 years across multiple roles, so i have seen this first hand time and again.

But don't worry if reloaded are a business savvy as they appear to be, they will ignore the elitism, and do what's right for the financial optimisation of the games business model (something adhesive failed spectacularly on btw).

It is of course Reloadeds choice, but I would be very surprised if Cupcake parts are not made available at some point, I'd expect them to be at a very high MC cost to continue the "exclusivity" of owning the chassis - it kind of works as a cream that Reloaded can offer to sooth the sore but-holes of the "exclusivity club" who don't understand the real world business meaning of exclusivity.

Oh and one last thing on the cupcake, i never ever see it in game.  Last time was over 6 months ago when KejiGoto was piloting it. 

AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Hate to burst the bubble of the "exclusivity club", but in real life business there's no such thing.

In Gaming, Pre-order exclusivity bonus's are regularly made available at a later date if there is demand for it.

Console exclusive titles are regularly made cross platform later on.

All Exclusive really means is "for a while no-one else can get it".  Any business that doesn't work to that model in today's cut throat market is deluded and putting itself at a disadvantage.

I have worked in a multi national billion dollar business for 16 years across multiple roles, so i have seen this first hand time and again.

But don't worry if reloaded are a business savvy as they appear to be, they will ignore the elitism, and do what's right for the financial optimisation of the games business model (something adhesive failed spectacularly on btw).

It is of course Reloadeds choice, but I would be very surprised if Cupcake parts are not made available at some point, I'd expect them to be at a very high MC cost to continue the "exclusivity" of owning the chassis - it kind of works as a cream that Reloaded can offer to sooth the sore but-holes of the "exclusivity club" who don't understand the real world business meaning of exclusivity.

Oh and one last thing on the cupcake, i never ever see it in game.  Last time was over 6 months ago when KejiGoto was piloting it. 

Oh yes. I'm sure a small dev team trying to revive a game that already has the reputation of being a failure with bad devs really wants to drum up another PR disaster and gain the reputation of screwing over customers. Especially when there's growing unrest in gaming culture due to these sorts of actions that make it into the gaming press, regardless of whether they're indie devs, or AAA devs.

I'm surprised someone who touts themselves as being so well-versed in business doesn't seem to realize reputation is just as important of a factor as money. It also seems strange that someone well-versed in business would make the statement that, "Hate to burst the bubble of the "exclusivity club", but in real life business there's no such thing." given how frequently that is proved to be false.

If Reloaded is business savvy, then they know it's better to not piss off customers and create bad press by making exclusive content nonexclusive just to cater to a minority of people who get upset that they can't collect every single thing.

Let's be honest, the number of people who will quit playing a game and buying content for it, just because they can't get a certain vanity item, is tiny. Most of the people who do complain, will still play, and still open their wallets anyway. And from a PR standpoint, it's not like they'd suffer from keeping exclusives exclusive. Anybody who complains about how exclusive vanity item aren't being made available to everyone just gets mocked by most people. I've seen it happen time and again on the forums of multiple games and in the press.

So why would they risk the tenuous goodwill they have when they can just keep making new content that will please the majority, which includes a fair amount of those who complain about exclusives?

• bacon_avenger, crockrocket and Nov8tr like this

devotion

devotion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

If Reloaded is business savvy, then they know it's better to not piss off customers and create bad press by making exclusive content nonexclusive just to cater to a minority of people who get upset that they can't collect every single thing.

riot games has gone back and re-released previously "exclusive" content, and they seem to be doing pretty okay last i checked

talon70

talon70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

To me if you re-release anything that was "exclusive" you ruin it and I won't buy anything based on that ever. I would like stuff others have but they got it and that's what is cool and worth a value. I wouldn't use the jingle bell repair droid, but I am eager to earn my own this year and then not use it :) .

Let us buy, trade and give gifts. I would love to pass around some paint to the people with the pee yellow stripes (devs, can you change that ugly color the stripe defaults to please?)

AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

riot games has gone back and re-released previously "exclusive" content, and they seem to be doing pretty okay last i checked

Riot also has a huge, stable playerbase and their game's reputation isn't "Failed and previous devs went bankrupt".

• Nov8tr likes this

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

That's not toxicity, that's the truth. If a developer goes bankrupt and the game needs to be picked up by another dev in order to survive, then it means the game failed.

Seriously Porkue, you can't deny that is a reputation issue for the current devs. A company going bankrupt over a game doesn't look good. Period. Also, I might recommend having more than a single post before you start going after a well respected forum member. It's not a big deal, it's just an image thing. Sound familiar?

• Nov8tr likes this

JgQjgkx.png

AMISH KOMMANDER

AMISH KOMMANDER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Yeah how about a Super Holiday Week, let's just pretend it's Christmas, Easter and Halloween for one week so that we can catch up on all the dates missed the last 2 years.

It's content already on the servers that you just have to unlock, easy to do for Reloaded and it will make players happy.

you dont make limited edition content and then re-release it a year later. theres a reason why its 'limited edition'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users