• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Julopabene

Julopabene

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Hey Guys!

I've been playing Hawken for quite a while now and would consider myself as an advanced noob. I know the basics, stuff like dueling, ambushing, stealth and shield dueling.

I've recently acquired enough money to buy myself a 12k Mech with a full set of internals. But now comes the big question: Which one should I buy? 

Of course I can look at videos and see players be really good with strong Mechs like the 'Zerker, the Scout or the Incinerator. But I don't know if I will be enjoying these Mechs. I'm sure I won't just buy a new Mech and suddenly be a very good player, but I can at least buy a Mech that I enjoy playing. 

I know that I'm usually better with light Mechs rather than heavier Mechs, although I do pretty well with medium Mechs as well, but that's mainly because I mostly play the Assault, and let's be honest, you can't do much wrong in the Assault. 

I generally play in an aggresive-supportive way, I don't get many kills, but I often see myself on the leaderboard with the most assists. I always play the objective, capture points, collect EU etc. 

My current Mech situation looks like this: 

I have the Assault, in which I do pretty well, I recently elited it.

I own the Reaper, which I don't like, because I tend to fall into a defensive playstyle in which I'm not that good.

Finally, I have the Raider in my Hangar, which I kind of like, because I can do pretty well in it, but only on Origin or Last Eco for some reason.

I've been playing the Scout, Infiltrator and the Bruiser and had a lot of fun in them, I've also played the Rocketeer, which I kind of liked, however I only played well in certain situations. 

So, do you have any suggestions for my next Mech? Please let me know :)

Have a nice day, 

Julo

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Don't buy predator unless you are prepared to die a lot. And then die a bit less once you get the hang of it.

If you have 12k I would recommend scout or infiltrator for your playstyle. Both have powerful alternate weapons.

If you want to go Flak scout or HEAT infiltrator, make sure to practise them a bit on offline TDM before playing with them in real matches, just to get used to the different playstyle. Goes for almost all weapon switches.

Edited by Rainbow Sheep, 16 April 2015 - 09:11 AM.

Spoiler

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

If you like Assault, Zerker. I have 3, and love all of them. However, Scout and Infiltrator are also both very good mechs - Scout for speed and burst, and infil for stealth and burst. It depends on your playstyle really.

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts
Incinerator.

Because I am hungover and feel like inflicting as much pain and misery as humanly possible so recommending you crush people with the most OP mech in the game seems like a good idea.
  • ticklemyiguana and Drrt4 like this

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Don`t buy the G2 ASSault, ever.

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero
v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Some kind of Sustaiend mech, pretty OP in the meta atm.

Or Scout. Scout with Flak Cannon, 3 healt horbs, advanced repairkit, air compressor and 1 scanner.

Edited by FakeName, 16 April 2015 - 09:58 AM.

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Or Scout. Scout with Flak Cannon, 3 healt horbs, advanced repairkit, air compressor and 1 scanner.

What kind of a newb would ever use that  :rolleyes:

• Crminimal and CrimsonKaim like this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Raider is awesome but you seem to already have one. Takes a bit of practice. Being a scoot pilot, my vote goes for scout. Love that mech. Though it is a glass cannon so you gotta be careful. Brawler is another good mech; but positioning on that thing is important due to its slow speed. 

Scootin' 'n Shoot | Bawlin' 'n Brawlin' | Ragin' 'n Raidin'

ca62ab9a-2ce9-4a20-b368-0cde03b1331d.png

"Velocitas et Eradico"

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts
Well, I don't know what mech you'll enjoy most, but I can tell you that if at your level, you can learn flak brawler, you will likely significantly increase your knowledge of the game, and that can make a lot of mechs fun to play. It also has the upside of being very cheap.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 16 April 2015 - 02:46 PM.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Julopabene

Julopabene

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Thnaks for all the info guys! I have decided to buy a Berserker and because I had some Credits left I also bought a Brawler. I will practice to play both of them, but I can say already, that the Zerker is pretty fun and the Brawler is as well :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users