• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

I went back and looked at the prices for it. It does seem a bit high. It's not one of the special graphics head. Just a cool design head. Maybe more than standard but not as high as it currently is. Of course that is my 2 old pennies worth. Your mileage may vary.

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

I went back and looked at the prices for it. It does seem a bit high. It's not one of the special graphics head. Just a cool design head. Maybe more than standard but not as high as it currently is. Of course that is my 2 old pennies worth. Your mileage may vary.

'Cool' is subjective.  It's not just the head that's more expensive, the other Hon parts are also more expensive.  I'm sad that these parts are more costly than the other plain parts.  Why is it more expensive?  I know it's early and they're still learning, but why is it double the price of the others?

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, 16 April 2015 - 07:25 PM.

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Oh agreed Turtle. Art is in the eye of the beholder for sure. And yeah by the time you add them all up and buy the MC to get them all, it's a bit of change. Ouch.

aEGHJsh.gif?1

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
This is one of the skins from that very first trailer ever.

Technician | Fear the Beam | Support
Welcome to the End of Days
KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

LarryLaffer

LarryLaffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

We really need some kind of piggy skin for this torso. It would be ideal.

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
Come pay day, this is going on my g2 assault.

KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

AxionOperandi

AxionOperandi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

I agree with the others in that its too expensive.  Its just a another set of chassis parts, and give that all of them ALL OF THEM are more expensive that really adds up to a pretty expensive cosmetic purchase.

If they want "premium money" they should offer a "premium product"; roll it into a bundle of some sort and I'd be more intrigued to spend a bit more.

Lussaphi

Lussaphi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

NEEEWWWWW PAARRRRRTTSSSSS

i just love that shoulder.

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

'Cool' is subjective. It's not just the head that's more expensive, the other Hon parts are also more expensive. I'm sad that these parts are more costly than the other plain parts. Why is it more expensive? I know it's early and they're still learning, but why is it double the price of the others?

While I don't agree with the high price tag, this is a very special skin from the very first concept of Hawken ever. It's the ultimate throwback and it did come out on Thursday. I wonder is they have the heavy and a class versions. This thing is older than the Nief and the x face.
  • Odinous likes this

KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

TangledMantis

TangledMantis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

looks like a dolphin and a ninja turtle spawned something with extra chromosomes

I can see why the devs didnt include it. It doesnt seem to 'fit' or compliment the other hawken artwork and models. The textures dont even wrap around the model as gracefully as the others.

Fstroke

Fstroke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
Oh my freaking god I have been waiting for this moment

Superkamikazee

Superkamikazee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts
Will buy when I get home, good lawd its hot.

No crew

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

I can see why the devs didnt include it. It doesnt seem to 'fit' or compliment the other hawken artwork and models. The textures dont even wrap around the model as gracefully as the others.

I think it's a good part set for mixing and matching; the whole thing together looks odd to me.  The hips go well with srt and civ feet, but so far I haven't found anything the feet look good on.  The arms look great on anything for the kinda "made out of spare stuff" end of the hawken aesthetic spectrum, but the core almost necessitates them due to either clipping (SS arms) or goofiness.  That and the whole "it would look better with 1 thruster" thing that I'm saying again for visibility.

Edited by comic_sans, 17 April 2015 - 10:25 AM.

100% Hamburger | #becomeinpopcorn

AOTbYIL.png

sabrehawk90

sabrehawk90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

don't re-release Cupcake.  That's a slap in the face to Vanguard Initiative purchasers.

I think it should have fuzzy bunny like antennae.

Do not re-release stuff, instead make something like this "Limited Edition". You force time as a factor  into the sale. Plus the coolest  thing about the stuff like the cupcake is I cant get them. Give them out to everyone  and it is not as kewl anymore.

Same thing with the jingle bells repair. Make a different one for this year when the Yeti returns, so the original  it is more special. imo

Yeah, if they'd do something similar to the exclusive things like this it's gotta be different so it doesn't lower the rarity/pride of owning previous exclusive things.

2XhpJes.png

PepeKenobi

PepeKenobi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Wow, i love this new stuff! :thumbsup:

ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

i haven't seen this since....

a long

long

time...

• Aregon and Zdragow like this

*SCREECHING* 

Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Ofc its should be higher than the other parts,they just released it,in time when something else new will come out i guess they will drop the prices a bit,but i am getting it anyway cause my assault isnt quite ugly right now :D

Goretastik

Goretastik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Why are the new parts more expensive? (Good Question)

Nice new parts must buy.

Edited by Goretastik, 23 April 2015 - 10:29 AM.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

Something is screwy here.  The pictures will not load.

Imgur was down.

Edited by StubbornPuppet, 26 April 2015 - 11:47 AM.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

OK, so since when the hell did body parts you buy only work for that one, single mech?  I bought the Hon chassis, but it only works on the one Assault I bought it under - I cannot put it on another Assault and I can't use it on anything else.

I thought these purchases were supposed to be universal?

Wish I'd known that ahead of time or I wouldn't have spent a single penny on this.  What a RIPOFF!

Edited by StubbornPuppet, 26 April 2015 - 11:49 AM.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

OK, so since when the hell did body parts you buy only work for that one, single mech?  I bought the Hon chassis, but it only works on the one Assault I bought it under - I cannot put it on another Assault and I can't use it on anything else.

I thought these purchases were supposed to be universal?

Wish I'd known that ahead of time or I wouldn't have spent a single penny on this.  What a RIPOFF!

Parts have always been locked to a single mech. At least as long as I've played.

Skins, drones and thrusters are universal.

• comic_sans likes this

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

I'm not complaining really but am curios as to why we can't put parts we paid REAL LIVE MONEY ON. It's not like it was bought with HC, you can only buy them with MC and they cost a bundle. Some will disagree of course, there always is. But IMO, we absolutely should be able to put any A mech part on any A mech we own. Any B mech part on any B mech we own. And any C mech part on any C mech we own. I see the company needs to make money. I see that. But they DID make money from me and from anyone else who buys them. Again IMO any company that makes you buy them over and over and over every time you get a different mech is being greedy. Not saying Reloaded is greedy, hell they just got here and are still trying to figure everything out. But laying out my opinion for them to consider in the future. My 2 old pennies worth. Your mileage may vary.

• WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW likes this

aEGHJsh.gif?1

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Parts have always been locked to a single mech. At least as long as I've played.

Skins, drones and thrusters are universal.

Yes, this has always been the case, at least as far back as july 2013.

100% Hamburger | #becomeinpopcorn

AOTbYIL.png

DM30

DM30

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

I'm not complaining really but am curios as to why we can't put parts we paid REAL LIVE MONEY ON. It's not like it was bought with HC, you can only buy them with MC and they cost a bundle. Some will disagree of course, there always is. But IMO, we absolutely should be able to put any A mech part on any A mech we own. Any B mech part on any B mech we own. And any C mech part on any C mech we own. I see the company needs to make money. I see that. But they DID make money from me and from anyone else who buys them. Again IMO any company that makes you buy them over and over and over every time you get a different mech is being greedy. Not saying Reloaded is greedy, hell they just got here and are still trying to figure everything out. But laying out my opinion for them to consider in the future. My 2 old pennies worth. Your mileage may vary.

Reasoning I can see behind not making body parts universal (beyond cash grab) is that since you get different ones for different mechs, having them global would mean people might get all of them (except the specialty ones of course) without actually spending any HC.

Of course that would be easy to fix with a single 'purchased' flag for each piece that buying a mech doesn't change, so if that is the reasoning then it's lazy reasoning.

Hawken gameplay

TPG Playlists -- Season 2 | Season 3

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

Well, whatever the case, that's the last time I spend any money on this game.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Well, whatever the case, that's the last time I spend any money on this game.

http://www.myinstant...tant/ok-rammus/

• comic_sans likes this

wingding

wingding

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

any way to get that for free?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users