Photo

Hawken is Back! But so are the Glitches!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

xX7thXx

xX7thXx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Ever since we got our Hawken "Restart" I have noticed certain glitches have come back and others are actually worse.

The one I am referring to currently is the geometry problem where your mech gets hooked on various objects or buildings in the map.

The maps I have currently noticed these glitches are as follows.

Wreckage - Top level near the EU Collector/Silo 2 the little tunnels and surrounding area towards S1

Bazaar - Just about everywhere. The Silo being the worst offender.

I will continue to test out maps and will update this more.

Zdragow

Zdragow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Don't forget the two rocks on the same hill in between the two missile silos on Bunker.

And basically every wall with depth changes in the game.

Grabby walls have always been a problem that's plagued Hawken.

I'm not sure there's been a time during my play when I haven't encountered a gropey wall.

Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

I'm sure environmental bugs will be a priority to fix near the apex, since it's what directly impacts gameplay.

What should be critical in fixing environmental flaws, however, are the holes in the geometry bounds, which allows you to exploit the map and its boundaries. I've noticed that HAWKEN pilots are coming back; however, in parallel, so are the feckless individuals who abuse the map.

TpsOr7F.png

xX7thXx

xX7thXx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Like the gaping holes on Front line? I spent a full hour on the map trying to figure out how that annoying little glitcher got up there. I figured it out and got into some pretty interesting areas. This of course was when I was using the single player explorer maps.

I do wish however that we could have some levels that had more than one or 2 rocks that you can get on. Multi-level maps that are similar to Facility.

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Don't forget the two rocks on the same hill in between the two missile silos on Bunker.

And basically every wall with depth changes in the game.

Grabby walls have always been a problem that's plagued Hawken.

I'm not sure there's been a time during my play when I haven't encountered a gropey wall.

Agreed....sticky walls have always been there, never really gone. I'm sure the new dev's are well aware of this and are looking into all these glitch issues to hopefully have them resolved as they move forward. But feedback is always encouraged. 

*+

Just Relax....and take life one game at a time....

Don't run to your death....walk

th_Duckman.jpg   th_82c0a97c-98de-4aac-be47-05e5e099be80.

*+

Nightfirebolt

Nightfirebolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

The glitchiest walls I've encountered are within the tunnels in Front Line. Morph any C-Mech into its turret mode next to those walls that have those crisscross support beams and you will be instantly stuck.

Facility has this problem too, particularly in the cubby-hole underneath the bridge.

Edited by Nightfirebolt, 22 March 2015 - 01:48 AM.

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

https://community.pl...d-tour-for-you/

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

ZombieBiscuit

ZombieBiscuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

I'm unsure if some of the map collision is done through the actual static mesh or invis BSP. EIther way it feels like there are some odd jutting collisions that might be caused my static mesh collision where it should just be a flat trigger BSP instead.

Throttled_Up

Throttled_Up

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Here are the 4 I frequently encounter:

Glitch #1:
In the Prosk map, the trench coming up to the quadplex (the four-footed building underneath the highway), there is a problem. If a player is coming up and out of the trench, he may get stuck on the left-hand wall and not be able to move at all.

Glitch #2:

Also in the Prosk map, there is a building directly inside of the curving on-ramp in Southern City that, if you approach it from the south-east side and boost into L-shape on the second floor, you can warp through the building.

Glitch #3:

In Front Line, there is an invisible wall that prevents passage while scraping a wall, and it is wider than expected. Again, starting at the quadplex in the courtyard, go through the small tunnel and turn right. At the next intersection opening to the left, turn around and backtrack while scraping along right-hand building. Sooner or later, you should encounter the false wall and die by enemy fire.

Glitch #4:

In Uptown, the starting gate in the canal, nearest Central Corridor is too low or needs a ceiling. If a player boosts along the slanted wall, he can easily escape over the starting gate and jump over/on top of the enemy's starting gate to get shots on the other team before the game starts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)