• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

an edit: that image thumbnail you see be4 starting the video is a saare bouncing off a tree....then bouncing off the ground a few times

This video is a redo of multiple videos i and others made for the old devs/fourms in a thread where i and many other users discussed and posted data/video of the maps shortly after the explore map feature was released. many thanks to every1 who helped.

description: A 1 hourish tour of map oddities in Hawken maps, invisible walls in strange places, lack of wall textures in places O.o, fireballs bouncing off trees, last eco be4/after changes were made, teleporting up a straight wall, gravity acceleration bug, grenades that stick to the floor. all this data is for you, reloaded. 

i hope to to make more videos with more information for you reloaded including perhaps one that actually feels like "the grand tour of hawken maps" (with less focus on issues)

Edited by ArchMech, 24 March 2015 - 06:14 PM.

• dorobo, LadyTiggs, Rei and 36 others like this

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts
Preemptively liked.

[EDIT]
Postemptively liked.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 23 March 2015 - 06:57 AM.

• ArchMech and Luaq like this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

DER3Z

DER3Z

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

beautiful!

• ArchMech likes this

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

There are also ways out of nearly all the maps, a couple on frontline, at least one on bazaar, a ton on wreckage, one on bunker, one on Uptown. If DerMax ever comes back, he's the map climbing expert, he would know most of them. HubbaBubba also knows a lot of them I believe. Honestly I really like the glitches for explore map mode, but they should be taken out of competitive play for sure.

EDIT: Oh, and the weird spots in Origin and Prosk that are basically like a little glitch room you can see (and shoot) out of and not into.

Edited by crockrocket, 23 March 2015 - 12:15 PM.

• ArchMech likes this

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Hey ArchMech, I dug up a screenshot from that ledge you were trying to reach on Facility! You need a barricade to do it.

Spoiler

And here's Bazaar:

Spoiler

Ahah, I believe this is from inside the Prosk "glitch room", however I've also remembered that you can't shoot out of it, so not as gamebreaking as it could be.

Spoiler

Not sure what's up with that shield, but I know that people have fallen through the floor on Bunker before, which could be an issue. 

Spoiler

A nice shot of Google maps from atop Uptown (right before I fell to my death). I know DerMax had a good video of how to do this one, although there are at least two ways to get out of Uptown.

Spoiler

Ooh, I'd forgotten about this one, but there IS still a way out of Last Eco! I'll have to tell Hubba about this thread next time I see him, he knows more about this one and Bunker than I do. 

Spoiler

And speaking of bunker... (This one is really quite difficult to do)

Spoiler

And here's a shot from inside the Origin "glitch room". This one also requires barricades. 

Spoiler

Anyway, as far as I know, the only maps with no way out are Test Arena, Facility, Prosk, and Origin, and even then Prosk and Origin have a little room that isn't technically part of the map.

Edited by crockrocket, 23 March 2015 - 02:48 PM.

• ArchMech likes this

JgQjgkx.png

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

O YEA THATS RIGHT THATS WHAT I DID, ty crocky!

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

i think you can get out of origin, i remember seeing a video sumwhere..... theres also jump pad + corsair

OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Awesome. Will review later. 

Scootin' 'n Shoot | Bawlin' 'n Brawlin' | Ragin' 'n Raidin'

ca62ab9a-2ce9-4a20-b368-0cde03b1331d.png

"Velocitas et Eradico"

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Btw, very educational video, I didn't know about a lot of that stuff. I'm looking forward to more!

JgQjgkx.png

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
Great job on finding & collecting all these together. Had no idea the maps are so broken.
I noted you skimmed through wreckage very fast even though it seems to be the most broken of the maps glitch-wise. It's filled with invisible walls and there's at least 3 different ways to escape the boundaries (possibly even more) heck, it's even possible to climb all the way to the top..
(I made a video on how to do this a while ago after some player showed me how he did it, if anyone is interested)
Hopefully all this stuff can be fixed by the new devs.

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

DreamedArtist

DreamedArtist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
Great video

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

noice con great video   :thumbsup:

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Well, there are some very creative and cool ways to get out of the maps. I'll see if I can get the recorded some time in the future.

KkaQ7HY.png

hsabot4.png  jaDBqOD.png  JsRCQoO.png  4XXKL4C.png

KDR Clan Leader | UVW Host |  KOBALT Leader

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts
I would like it if the devs just plugged the holes that are at risk for exploitation, like frontline. Exploring maps is fun. I guess if they just left the explore maps versions as is, that would work.

JgQjgkx.png

moosa17

moosa17

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

The first time I got out of Wreckage was like a religious experience. It made me long for a well-developed campaign mode all the more. 

I feel as though the new devs should just strip all of the collision away from the stages and rebuild it from scratch with smooth walls and floors and tight seams. Not sure if that's doable but I'd feel a lot more comfortable about a "fix" taken to that extent than just trying to patch up odd collision here and there case by case. 

Edited by moosa17, 03 April 2015 - 11:43 PM.

3lusive

3lusive

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Here is the other way to get on top of frontline

http://www.twitch.tv...twork/c/6484577

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Aren't the exploration maps a bit different from the normal maps? I can't get to a few areas compared to the exploration maps, mostly in Last Eco. But these glitches sure are nice to get an overview of the battlefield for recording

(P:B)Augmentia

(P:B)Augmentia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

I love it. Delicious.

I am MM
brKc5dA.jpg

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Aren't the exploration maps a bit different from the normal maps? I can't get to a few areas compared to the exploration maps, mostly in Last Eco. But these glitches sure are nice to get an overview of the battlefield for recording

I believe that is the case for Last Eco only. Winter Last Eco is different since it didn't get "fixed". However, there is still a way out of Last Eco in the real version as well.

JgQjgkx.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users