Photo

Three questions for any Hawken historians out there...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

FlamingBeaker

FlamingBeaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

I have three questions for those in the community who have been here since the beginning:

1.  How did the old waypoint system work, or not work (on radar)? I've only seen it mentioned as a glitch or bug that makes it visible on rare occasions.

2.  What was the artillery mech supposed to be like? The fanboy in me wants it to have been "The only mech that gets to ride in the next battleship all the way to the enemy base, for Siege 2.0",but I know the truth is much less awesome.

3.  I've seen a person join a match as "Spectator" - listed on the scoreboard but obviously not able to participate, and occupying a spot on the enemy team. Was this an intended mode, or an exploit of some sort?

Somebody lay the hard, cold reality on us.

Thanks

hestoned

hestoned

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

1. map of the level was bound to a key. youd hit that and mark on the map where you wanted the way point to be. it looked like how the MA icons work for the silos work. just a big bubble that would say something point or w/e. you would see it on your radar too.

2. if i recall those were just rumors. there was no art or any confirmation of it. correct me if im wrong

3. not sure if its the same but some players had access to a console command to fly around in spectator mode

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

2. No one really knows the details about that mech aside from it being a C-class, but it was confirmed (I think) to be coming back when ADH was still creating content. It'll probably be one of the first new mechs to come out if the new team picks up where development stopped.

3. It's a basic and extremely buggy mode that a few people have access to via commands, but it's not meant for wider use on account of it taking up a space in the match and barely working in general. 

Edited by JeffMagnum, 21 March 2015 - 04:49 PM.

d1eZeG3.png

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

2. Vana mentioned something about an "80% finished" siege tank mech in cond0m's stream chat less than a week ago. He didn't want to say more than that in the hopes that reloaded would release a completed version of the mech. He also mentioned something called the pusher that he hoped would also be completed and released.

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users