Photo

Please add the option to queue for 12 player servers only.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Okay i am sorry for sounding so negative, i think the idea of adding 18 players is great for some people, but not for me. To me it is way too chaotic and random to the point where it seems unplayable lottery because the current maps are not optimized for such a large amount of players. 

There's no way to play strategically when the map is filled with enemies and teammates that are spread-out way too randomly.

It doesn't feel the same at all.

Of course some people like to play this way, and that's fine, but it can also cause a lot of lagging to people with lower-end computers.

• opicr0n, Meraple, CrimsonKaim and 4 others like this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

When there's no servers availible for me in EU I queue up so I can still play.

However I don't have any control on which room the game puts me.

This'd be useful.

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

these servers are just for the stress test I suppose but still. This is more random than anything else. 

If they should stay, the also should be this function.

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Yeh, I don't like them for the same reasons that you stated. Like fake says, they may disappear again after the stress test. I hope so anyway.

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Maxunarul

Maxunarul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

I hope not, has greatly pleased me to have 18 players in a single game, maybe if you let it enabled servers 3 stars would be nice.

6_1.jpg

KOS_Baconman

KOS_Baconman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Okay i am sorry for sounding so negative, i think the idea of adding 18 players is great for some people, but not for me. To me it is way too chaotic and random to the point where it seems unplayable lottery because the current maps are not optimized for such a large amount of players. 

There's no way to play strategically when the map is filled with enemies and teammates that are spread-out way too randomly.

Of course some people like to play this way, and that's fine, but it can also cause a lot of lagging to people with lower-end computers.

yeah my FPS is getting wrecked

What if we just give some bacon paint, some bacon holo-emotes and change Bunker from snow to bacon.

This way, everyone will be happy.

What you should really do, is replace your parts with bacon, so you can cook games and eat bacon

Obviously the wallpaper would be cooler if bacon was incorporated into it.

Houruck

Houruck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

I got invited to a server like this tonight and had some surprisingly fun games until someone decided we should roll all predators. :p

• opicr0n and LaurenEmily like this

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

predators gonna predate

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

I got invited to a server like this tonight and had some surprisingly fun games until someone decided we should roll all predators. :p

That might have been me.. I'm sorry. That was the only way to make it interesting imo :D 

24 players is just too much no matter what you do.

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

I agree that something should be done to queuing system

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

I think more players is a nice idea and that the maps are unoptimised for it. But being a player not on the American servers, we do have access to these servers but cannot get a good ping, hence enjoy the game.

But seeing as how you want to enjoy a game with only 12 people, I do think more filtering options for queuing is needed

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
I think adding larger maps and locking this player count to those maps is probably best. I like the idea of a massive siege, but it has to actually be volumous as as well. Volumous? Volumus? Voluminous? Voluminous. It has to have a wealth of volume.

Edited by SaturdayGhede, 18 April 2015 - 10:01 PM.

Technician | Fear the Beam | Support
Welcome to the End of Days
KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

XPloyt

XPloyt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

If anything, the maps seem better suited for the higher player count, given the lower ttk at this time...with the exception of Uptown because of the limited routing and chokepoints therein, but I don't recall ever seeing it in rotation.

If a team was poorly spread out given the circumstances, like going against a team with a bunch of snipers while your team had a bunch of a's huddled in a group being chipped and picked off, that would be bad... I suppose it would be random to newbies, but with a higher player count, you can spread out, covering more area, while at the same time able to help a team mate.

I think most of the maps are very accommodating and forgiving in this regard; the whole team doesn't have to create a bee line to move around the map, as the pressure to survive is lessened in general (as long as your team acts like one). 

I think that's why I like the higher player count. Because there is less focus on particular players,  the focus on taking advantage of terrain is more valuable where spreading out is much more efficient with more players. It also makes playing specific mechs/roles less overbearing,yet still manages to keep their importance intact.

I also like the fact that there was more back and forth movement along the map between the two teams.

talon70

talon70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Maybe the 'mayhem' servers should be open to all, not in the matchmaking queue, and not affect mmr at all. Just carnage.

Edited by talon70, 20 April 2015 - 02:06 AM.

AxionOperandi

AxionOperandi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Match making kept putting me in one of these servers last night.  No fun at all, had to leave and pick a server manually after a few rounds of madness.

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
I think I agree with Emily XD its a great idea to put preferences and all XD

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users