* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Xeemix

Xeemix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

What the title says, offering at least one alternative secondary choice for mechs.

• KilleR_OrigiNs and Saitech like this

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

This was rejected in the closed alpha. Min-maxers would have a field day but you would pretty much only see one or two mech configurations once people figured out what works optimally.

• comic_sans likes this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Redacted.

Edited by KilleR_OrigiNs, 30 April 2015 - 09:58 PM.

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Yes please and not only GL-TOW combos. That would change nothing much.

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

This was rejected in the closed alpha. Min-maxers would have a field day but you would pretty much only see one or two mech configurations once people figured out what works optimally.

That's because ADH didn't want to take the time to balance the system.

Technician | Fear the Beam | Support
Welcome to the End of Days
KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

It feels like they multiplied mechs types instead of trying to balance alternate secondary.

New secondaries would be necessary to do for mechs such as Rocketeer, Reaper, Sharpshooter, Incinerator, Technician

TOW/GL alternative would be tedious and create redundancies.

So I really don't know if in the current state of the game alternate secondaries could be an interesting gameplay experience.

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

Rchive

Rchive

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

After ability, secondary is probably the most defining characteristic of any given mech. If you could pick alternate secondaries, the mechs would be even less well-defined. The different mechs are already not all that different from each other (compared to other class-based FPS's).

I think HAWKEN needs to decide that it's a class-based FPS and have more definition between classes or that it's a classless FPS and let us pick any combination of frame, ability, primary, secondary, etc. Right now it's at this really awkward middle ground.

• Jakyll likes this

Jakyll

Jakyll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

I agree with Rchive, since I made the mistake - in my opinion - and bought the assault as third mech. Felt pretty much like the crt, it just looked cooler at the end screen of a match :unsure:

Nevertheless, Hawken offeres several mechs and since then everytime I buy a new one, I go for one that offers weapons/abilities I haven't used before.

With regard to Rchive's post I'd say Hawken is closer to a class-based FPS, but some mechs defenitly could use more individuality to justfiy their existance in the game

Edited by Jakyll, 21 April 2015 - 02:15 PM.

• Rchive likes this

KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Redacted.

Edited by KilleR_OrigiNs, 30 April 2015 - 09:59 PM.

Rchive

Rchive

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

I'm fine with a more class-focused HAWKEN, I just don't think that's how it is right now, and if that's the way that it wants to go, it should ACTUALLY go that way. Right now, the different mechs are a little different from each other, but just a little. Mostly they just have different stats or different weapon pools that are really just the same gun with different stats.

For example, there are 18 mechs IIRC. The number with either TOW or GL (which are the same thing, one just arcs while the other doesn't) as their secondary is 8 (I think). Surely we can have more variety than almost half of all mechs having the same kind of secondary...

• KilleR_OrigiNs likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users