* * * - - 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

SNAAAAAKE

SNAAAAAKE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

The scout mech deals such an insane amount of damage. I wonder if a nerf might balance it out a bit. This is just something I hope others have already brought to your attention.

Thank you for carrying on where the other devs left off. Fix and put out this already incredible game! Good luck

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Scout = Glass cannon

Proof?

http://www.twitch.tv/hyginos/c/6548634

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

SNAAAAAKE

SNAAAAAKE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Scout = Glass cannon

Proof?

http://www.twitch.tv/hyginos/c/6548634

I never said it had strong armor. I said it deals too much damage. Thanks for your help!

Edited by SNAAAAAKE, 19 April 2015 - 02:38 AM.

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

I never said it had strong armor. I said it deals too much damage. Thanks for your help!

Anytime. But my post was trying to prove that both:

Any mech can deal an insane amount of damage if you let it:

and also that Scout can deal abysmal damage if you get it wrong, or mess up. So can every mech. In fact, at the moment, the general consensus is that Sustained damage mechs (Assault, Beserker) are a lot more power when played right than burst (Scout, infiltrator)

• Guns_N_Rozer, LarryLaffer and Jerv like this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

No.

• LarryLaffer, Merl61, DisorderlyMechanic and 4 others like this

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

No.

Straight to the point, as always, Max ;)

• DerMax and MomOw like this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

Spoiler

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

The thing is, everything you change with the scout`s current weapons will mess with other mechs.

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero
v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

I have a dream. That one day. People will realize that scouts are weak.

i-have-a-dream.jpeg

• Merl61 likes this

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

The scout mech deals such an insane amount of damage. I wonder if a nerf might balance it out a bit. This is just something I hope others have already brought to your attention.
Thank you for carrying on where the other devs left off. Fix and put out this already incredible game! Good luck

Scouts are not OP. They do high damage because they have to. Play one to max rank and you'll understand. I don't play one and I understand.

Technician | Fear the Beam | Support
Welcome to the End of Days
KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

The true fact about scout is that highly skilled players can roflstomp a server really easily with a scout leaving lower skill players without any opportunity to kill them.

A good player can do the same with the assault, but other players feel less helpless as they have the same mech in their garage (unless they scream for hax).

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

F_Falls

F_Falls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Dont touch the mech, limit its use 1 scout per team etc.. I dont want to see this duo scout combo ever again!

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

NO ,Not again 

• Zuurkern likes this

HorseHeadProphet

HorseHeadProphet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

I, for one, welcome this fresh viewpoint, which we have never seen anywhere on this forum.

• Merl61, ticklemyiguana and Nightfirebolt like this

The Hawken forum's a forum, but it's like the only one you get yelled at for using.

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
Sigh.
  • LaurenEmily likes this

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

I'm a fresh scout newb and that thing is perfect the way it currently is. Play it and see for yourself.

• Guns_N_Rozer likes this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts
How many drinks is that?

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

How many drinks is that?

Over nine thousand.

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

Spoiler

OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

I main scout and it is weak. The damn thing is hard as balls to well with it and you cannot engage head on. 

• Jerv likes this

Scootin' 'n Shoot | Bawlin' 'n Brawlin' | Ragin' 'n Raidin'

ca62ab9a-2ce9-4a20-b368-0cde03b1331d.png

"Velocitas et Eradico"

ROSING

ROSING

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

The scout will seem overwhelming to beginners, but once you learn how to track it and actually hit it you will find it's yet another mech to deal with. I used to think the scout was so incredibly broken, but nowadays when they come at me I slam a few tow rockets in their face and if they keep trying to fight me I have a good chance at winning and if they can't take it then the run away screaming and I go about my business.

But yeah, just practice hitting them after they boost. And the good news is if you can hit a scout consistently, you can hit anything consistently.

Good luck!

• Liederkranz likes this

Coboxite

Coboxite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Against most inexperienced players, Scout is unstoppable, but for experienced players Scouts are just another fly to swat away. You have to be at the top of your game to be even remotely competitive as scout, and it can all go horribly wrong at any moment. For the top players that main scout, I can almost guarantee that they aren't that highly ranked because they play scout.

• Jerv likes this

RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
I heard if you kill a scout, it cannot do damage to you any more! Did I hear correctly?

HeraldRedfordIII

HeraldRedfordIII

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

I know we are talking about the scout but I'm gonna go off topic as I also wanna know peoples opinions on the G2 raider. I've heard people call it OP due to the immense amount of burst damage it is capable of but i feel that is ultimately balanced by the slow reload speed. Most guides for the mech say to jump in and out of cover, shooting at the enemy till the enemy is low and then dive at them. Its built to be a very defensive mech but i feel no other mech is forced to play like this even the brawler is capable of taking care of its own in a gap(all other C-classes have some short of medium/long range weapon) but when it comes to large open areas its impossible to close the distance without losing too much of your health. I just wish this mech was faster so you could actually get into the fray. Least amount of armor for any C-class. Second slowest walk speed. Slowest Boost speed (which I'm tired of slowing me down while using blitz.)

TLDR: I'm Thankful for this Turkey, but now I need to go Fast.

Edited by HeraldRedfordIII, 20 April 2015 - 08:20 PM.

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts
Don't close the distance in the open. Use cover. G2R is a tough cookie to play. It's unforgiving if you miss, which makes it so much harder to pilot.

If you wanna go fast, go Raider, the regular one.

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

HeraldRedfordIII

HeraldRedfordIII

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Don't close the distance in the open. Use cover. G2R is a tough cookie to play. It's unforgiving if you miss, which makes it so much harder to pilot.

If you wanna go fast, go Raider, the regular one.

The point of this mech was to be a fast C-class. It is in fact one of the slowest C-classes. I understand that's why it has its ability but to rely solely on that to get around is a tad annoying. And sometimes cover isn't an option. Yes its tricky and i have fun playing it but I feel like small changes would really make a difference.

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts
I don't think it was meant to be a fast C class, even if it has the name "Raider" in it. With a C class particularly, you're in no position to chase, so use knowledge of the map and better positioning to allow the enemies to come to you. Don't use your ability as a means to travel but to give you an edge in a fight.

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

HeraldRedfordIII

HeraldRedfordIII

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

I don't think it was meant to be a fast C class, even if it has the name "Raider" in it. With a C class particularly, you're in no position to chase, so use knowledge of the map and better positioning to allow the enemies to come to you. Don't use your ability as a means to travel but to give you an edge in a fight.

Map positioning is key yes but your team will move or you might be spawned away from your team. And yes it was supposed to be a more agile C-class it's said in the description and lore "Tough and agile, the G2-Raider is considered to be the ideal "Search and Destroy" vehicle." I don't want it to be blazing fast but it needs to be a bit more mobile. Just think about what the slight speed tweak did for the Pred. It seems the only two reasons for not changing it IN ANY WAY is that all it requires is map positioning and aim. Map positioning pretty much just means waiting around in small areas for better CQC which is possible but can leave you out of the action. And aim is true for all mechs what you need to take into account is actually getting near your enemy, also just because you're good at aiming doesn't mean your enemy is bad at dodging. Look at the facts i previously presented: it has the lowest amount of armor for any C-class and yet it is one of the slowest mechs

Edited by HeraldRedfordIII, 21 April 2015 - 01:57 AM.

Pumapaw

Pumapaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Just lower the fuel a bit on the scout. They seem to have unlimited fuel.

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

They have the lowest fuel tank in the game and the second lowest fuel regen speed in the game, second only to G2R, complimented by the ability to increase give themselves a little more once every minute or so.

No scout nerfs. None.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

fuel on the scout. They seem to have unlimited fuel.

scout. unlimited fuel.

I don't even.

• IareDave likes this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

FRX23

FRX23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Its speed and maneuverability is more a problem than its damage output.

But don't expect a change.

As class A is the predilection one for high and pro players who are presents in these forums, any nerf claiming will bring a raising shield and outcry.

• Superkamikazee likes this

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

High players seem to favor burst and high manoeuvrability, sometimes I feel that don't giving them biscuits could help.

In that way I once thought that heat canon could be a good secondary weapon for A-class instead of TOW.

More sustained means that A-class have to remain more in open terrain so making them more fragile, whereas it could be easier to lower players to learn because they could land a shot.

Beside that with proper teamplay and playing with players of equivalent level of skill A-class aren't that much of a burden

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

Jelooboi

Jelooboi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Honestly in my experience as a C driver scouts may have low heath but they're also highly forgiving...which is why I broke off from that meta. 

I've seen too many of them run away with 5% health and quickly repairing in mere seconds before they jump right back into battle just moments after the fight. 

That's forgiving on a retarded level. 

Edited by Jelooboi, 24 April 2015 - 06:19 AM.

RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
If you've done 95%, what's keeping u from that last 5?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users