• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

A friend of mine plays a game called crimecraft gang wars, and while it's mediocre at best, it does have some things worth looking at.  The main thing is the daily tournament.

Basically, at certain points in time during the day while you're in the lobby (crimecraft does it 4 times daily), there's a prompt onscreen to enroll in a tournament on a matchmade team.  The tournament starts at a set time, and everyone who signed up is summoned to it; this could be an issue, but I'd assume someone in another match would receive a prompt of some sort to decide on whether to stay or play the tournament.

Crimecraft has a population issue, likely due to it being old, but there are always people on during the tournaments because it's a chance to play the same game for more prizes.  This also means pubs are a bit less empty, but this is a problem that could resolve itself or be moot and is only one I've noticed in the low-population game I'm relating this idea from.

I feel like this could do a bit more to incentivize good teamplay and just plain be an interesting thing to see and do besides.

Thoughts?  I'd assume there'd be some sort of HC or MC bonus for winning. I also would like to discuss team size, as it relates to playability and total team count for the competition.

EDIT: I'm told it lets you pick a team and then seperates you into brackets.  This is a thing to consider.

Edited by comic_sans, 20 April 2015 - 12:54 PM.

• ticklemyiguana and LoC_TR like this

100% Hamburger | #becomeinpopcorn

AOTbYIL.png

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

I AM FOR EVENTS AND THINGS.

• n3onfx likes this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

It could work on getting the lower level folks interested, if at least 2 things are taken care of:

Getting the word out. Steam, IGN, YouTube, FaceBook however. No new folks will show up if no advertising is done.

And the hard part: not having it turn into another above-1800 MMR "thing". We already have had enough of those gen'ed up here. You still don't see more than a couple below-1800 folks show up at any get-together, even though the vast majority of players fall in that category. I don't know why, either--nothing is more appealing than joining matches in a meeting and getting ass-raped by players 1000mmr higher than me.  :D

Seriously though, get the word out, and keep them in that group! You'd be amazed by the large number of newbs that don't know about this Forum, IRC, Reddit, Twitch, YouTubers, none of it. Steam Hub, some.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

It could work on getting the lower level folks interested, if at least 2 things are taken care of:

Getting the word out. Steam, IGN, YouTube, FaceBook however. No new folks will show up if no advertising is done.

And the hard part: not having it turn into another above-1800 MMR "thing". We already have had enough of those gen'ed up here. You still don't see more than a couple below-1800 folks show up at any get-together, even though the vast majority of players fall in that category. I don't know why, either--nothing is more appealing than joining matches in a meeting and getting ass-raped by players 1000mmr higher than me.  :D

Seriously though, get the word out, and keep them in that group! You'd be amazed by the large number of newbs that don't know about this Forum, IRC, Reddit, Twitch, YouTubers, none of it. Steam Hub, some.

Well that's what the global prompt is for.  Everyone on would see it whenever it's there, but more awareness of anything is always good.

100% Hamburger | #becomeinpopcorn

AOTbYIL.png

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

This would be incredibly swingy. Fund it.

• EM1O likes this

sabrehawk90

sabrehawk90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Two things that could be happening -

1. The majority is not informed of the extended community (as stated in the last line)

2. Inferiority complex (probably more so in the people that are more involved in the community and know that such high MMRs exist)

We should probably eventually organize something that focuses on the people lower in the MMR ladder specifically.

• EM1O likes this

2XhpJes.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users