• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

capnjosh

capnjosh

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts

Figured I should give an update on where a number of things are at:

1. I know some of the private servers are unavailable right now.

- We're working on something pretty exciting with regards to the private server rentals, so the disruption will be worth it ;)

2. Steam has Hawken featured on their home page rotation.  It's all kinds of fun out there.

- I think a "Welcome Back" might be in order.  Hawken is alive and kicking, and the future looks bright!

3. I'm aware of some transactions for MC failing for some of you.

- I'm beginning to suspect some very old bug may be at play. If you don't mind, submit a support ticket - we're actively collecting samples of problems you guys may experience.

4. Build systems are "talking" again.

- This implies the old development infrastructure is functional (at least at the OS and networking levels).  The build agents seem ok, as does source code.

- I'm very, very happy about this

5. Our first swag giveaways actually happened!  

- We're gathering shipping details now, so our lucky winners will be posting their new mice soon (you will be doing that, right????)

Questions for you:

1. Did you like servers with more slots?  How many slots for each game mode do you think is ideal?

2. How do you like my build server rebuild workstation area?

sfNgRLH.jpg

• Neraste, hestoned, MomOw and 11 others like this

CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Never got to try the higher slot servers. They were full all the time :( Good sign maybe?

18 man siege for testing plz!!!

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

Edited by CounterlogicMan, 21 April 2015 - 05:07 PM.

• Aelita, GalaxyRadio, Drrt4 and 1 other like this

Axe-Attack Check us out! Stream I stream spasmodically.

TPG Hawken Admin.

TPG 3 has concluded! If you are interested in participating in TPG Season 4 gather a group and form a team or try and join an existing team! Stay tuned to the forums for updates on the details of TPG Season 4.

Neraste

Neraste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

1. Did you like servers with more slots?  How many slots for each game mode do you think is ideal?

More people in a game is fun, but the game leaderboard should be redesigned to show all players without having to scroll.

It'd be even more wonderful if it were running on Linux m(^_^)m . Cute mech on screen foot, though.

/me starts dashing...

Edited by Neraste, 21 April 2015 - 04:08 PM.

• Liederkranz likes this

hkn_sign_mdh_by_neraste-d8oyzgq.pnghkn_sign_lgbt_by_neraste-d8oyzga.png

teeth_03

teeth_03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

I never got to try them either, maybe add more of them? Also, I'd limit the smaller/bottleneck maps on them so they're less painful to play on.

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts
More slot servers need to be restricted to larger maps. That many people on a tiny map like Origin, Uptown, Prosk are not fun. The maps (and the game in general) is not built for that many players. Make bigger maps. And limit TDM rotations to Front Line, Bazaar, and Wreckage or Facility.

Edited by Silverfire, 21 April 2015 - 04:12 PM.

• LarryLaffer, monochr0me, Dawn_of_Ash and 2 others like this

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

teeth_03

teeth_03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
I haven't played on a large server in a while, but wouldn't Prosk be fine with larger player counts? Its flatter with less bottlenecks. Origin, Uptown and definitely Bunker I can agree with however.

Killtek

Killtek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

More players is a blast!   But, keep it to larger maps.   Smaller maps are fun, but it's more of a cluster *shoot* if you get my drift  :thumbsup:

Keep the ball rolling!! You're doing great!

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

I need MMR restrictions removed to play on those serevers on most of my accounts. 

• hestoned likes this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

No chance to try the higher player slot servers in Asia-Oceania, not unless you added them a few hours ago.... But I do want to try them out without lag

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

I've been finding mayhem sized dms and tdms and of course ma

they are wonderful

hawken is kind of slo mo compared to many shooters, so the more ppl in there, the merrier

you get a workable server rental scenario and you are going to make some nice regular cake AND foster your comp kids community wide

about your server workstation

dem cables might get out of control, keep your thumb on em

msty.gif

Edited by Dustin, 21 April 2015 - 05:22 PM.

• dorobo and CounterlogicMan like this

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

Mobius1691

Mobius1691

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

A lot of people are thinking the same thing: having more players is fun on the bigger maps, but on the smaller ones it's simply hectic. Even on the big maps I feel like there's a little bit too much going on.

As for ideal slot numbers, with current map sizes, anywhere from 12 to 20 is appropriate for most maps. In Call of Duty, I hated 6v6 lobbies because games just felt a little empty, but with the dynamic of Hawken being inherently fast-paced and with a lot of combat outcome relying on the pilots' ability to engage/disengage properly to gain an advantage, having so many mechs in the mix means when you try to do that, a lot of the time you just get caught out by the rest of the enemy team. The game-play becomes a little less aggressive and a bit more chaotic.

Higher slot-count lobbies have the potential to increase reliance on teammates, but until us players get used to it or some other adjustments are made, those games are going to be crazy frag-fests.

I heard from a few people in game that some new maps may be developed/released in a few months. I hope that's true and that a few of them are on the larger side of things. 

hestoned

hestoned

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

the majority of servers should still be 6v6 but omg we need more 18 and 24 man servers for ALLLLL game modes. 24 man DEATH MATCH IS BEST MATCH

• Aelita, CounterlogicMan, Superkamikazee and 1 other like this

OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

the majority of servers should still be 6v6 but omg we need more 18 and 24 man servers for ALLLLL game modes. 24 man DEATH MATCH IS BEST MATCH

Agreed

Scootin' 'n Shoot | Bawlin' 'n Brawlin' | Ragin' 'n Raidin'

ca62ab9a-2ce9-4a20-b368-0cde03b1331d.png

"Velocitas et Eradico"

KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Questions for you:

1. I enjoy the idea of more slots for servers, but they should not be made streamline. Instead, consider making it it's own game mode, or a special event. Ideals are different for all players, and I feel that either keeping the 6v6 standard, or increasing each side by one or two players would be optimal. I am unable to comment on the actual game play.

2. I feel like the work area you're in needs more color. I know I work better in areas less stagnant in coloration, but this is also a personal preference.

Great work Reloaded, keep this up and Hawken will be on-top in no time at all.

Edited by KilleR_OrigiNs, 21 April 2015 - 06:36 PM.

Loglino

Loglino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

I don't care for 24 player servers of TDM. No place to repair on some maps.

I think 8v8 is the most that it should be for most maps. It wasn't bad for bazaar.

Best is 6v6.

Edited by Loglino, 21 April 2015 - 06:43 PM.

Mind the fact that pizza is my avatar.
Pizza is cool and you know it.

<3 HAWKEN

SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Unpopular Opinion Spaceman here, I hated the highcap servers. Regardless of the map, it felt insanely chaotic and claustrophobic. That being said, I would really love to see some new maps that are built around that kind of hectic energy. That's something I'd be down with.

Edited by SatelliteJack, 21 April 2015 - 08:13 PM.

• Jakyll, Bergwein and Ninja_Goat like this

cUB1aCW.jpg?2

LarryLaffer

LarryLaffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

More slot servers need to be restricted to larger maps. That many people on a tiny map like Origin, Uptown, Prosk are not fun. The maps (and the game in general) is not built for that many players. Make bigger maps. And limit TDM rotations to Front Line, Bazaar, and Wreckage or Facility.

^This!

Also with all this stress tests and new servers my ping has been increased from 80 up to 100-150 on European servers, and some nasty lags has appeared. :(

Edited by LarryLaffer, 21 April 2015 - 08:59 PM.

BariumBlue

BariumBlue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Build systems are "talking" again.

- The build agents seem ok, as does source code.

- I'm very, very happy about this

Did you like servers with more slots?  How many slots for each game mode do you think is ideal?

Personally, I wouldn't mind some 3v3 or 4v4 servers. I like my matches cozy and personal.

I'm glad that the previous devs didn't seem to leave any trash swept under the rug.

• dorobo and nepacaka like this

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

(1) Yes. Technical issues regarding FPS and ping aside, I love all of the servers that provide room for 6+ players to each team. Adjustments that should be made include increasing TDM score cap by 20 (to 60) in 18 player servers and 40 (to 80) in 24 player servers, as well as the time limits by 5 and 10 minutes respectively. Having larger maps would be great but I like how hectic the smaller maps are as well.

I have no strong opinion on slots for each game mode. I think having a diversity of server sizes would be good, including 4v4 servers, 6v6 (for which I think the game should primarily be balanced), 9v9, and 12v12.

(2) I like how spacious and clean it is.

• Volgraza likes this

Thank you for your time,

shosca

shosca

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

bump because wwwwww

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
Keep the mass servers but how about unranked ones? Plus increase kill and time limit for every mode. Why not having 200 kills in 24 tdm matches with a total time limit of 30 minutes?

PS: thanks for the games yesterday, josh :]
  • Pumapaw likes this

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Why not having 200 kills in 24 tdm matches with a total time limit of 30 minutes?

because most people would not like this change

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

because most people would not like this change

But having like 4 minutes of randomness isn't as well..

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

XPloyt

XPloyt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

1. Yes! The 9v9's are dope, ya 'mean? I haven't had much time in the 24 slot games, but the 18 player tdm felt pretty good...but they're on the West coast!  :yucky:  :teehee:

2. Got central air? Because you know it's gotta be like 15 degrees warmer in there if it's a small room.

• PoopSlinger likes this

Dedhed

Dedhed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Agreed on more players on larger maps, it's fun.

Also agreed on increased kill cap. Was in a couple tdm games recently that only really started getting ramped up, then were over. 40 kills is way too few.

Like the workstation. Seems appropriately haphazard in a workable way for a small team just getting set up (i.e. doesn't need to be pretty, just practical).

Love that you guys are so genuine and pumped about the game. More open and personal, less public relations, which is fantastic.

"One day I will leave this world and dream myself to reality" -- Chief Crazy Horse

"Love is the Law, Love under Will" -- Aleister Crowley

"This is like talking to breakfast cereal" -- Otherland

-Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
I didn't get to play too many full mayhem servers, but the few games I did that were full were fun, even on the smaller, tighter maps like Uptown and Origin. An ideal player count feels like around 12 to 16 to me.

On the work area: hope there are some quiet fans and some good AC in there. x)

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

more pilot mour fun  :pirate: we love the 18 slot and 24 slot map,it's really cool

Bady

Bady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Steam has Hawken featured on their home page rotation

not the best time for that I guess, Killing Floor 2 release, Trine 3 and  Assassin's Creed China.

better would be in weekend and not with big releases please. 

WOLFinBLR

WOLFinBLR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I really liked the game with a lot of people only need to increase the duration of the battle) Thank you for a great ping, was formerly twice( 

I'm waiting for the new mechs and locations, but they probably lacking. Fashionable place you x)

teeth_03

teeth_03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

not the best time for that I guess, Killing Floor 2 release, Trine 3 and Assassin's Creed China.

better would be in weekend and not with big releases please.

Those are big releases? Hahahahahaha

If its not Call of Duty, Battlefield or Halo, who cares.

1uster

1uster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Personal for me in my playtime - which is late night - in my region - eu - the 18 player-tdm servers - i like!

Simple reason: At the above 2000 mmr range there is most of the time only one server available. Now I can join everytime and don't have to wait half an hour until somebody said "gn" in there. Space is the place!

Edit: What's that keyboard you have there in the middle? First I thought its a Cherry MX-Board but then realized it's missing the additional button row about the number area.

Edited by 1uster, 22 April 2015 - 03:09 AM.

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

why the random jumps and jerking from ashburn (with a 24-28 ping)? for some odd reason i've been getting smoother play on the left-coast servers. also, just curious: before Steam i was getting a zero ping. what is it about Steam that bangs it up to as high as 54?

i adore the high-tech post-it technique. some things never change (please don't tell me you have the access passwords on them).

:D

Edited by em1o, 22 April 2015 - 03:21 AM.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

n3onfx

n3onfx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

18 or 24 players on Bunker is hilariously broken, it brings out the flaws of the map even more. Maps like Uptown with too few and too small chokepoints also break apart. But I like the 18 slot servers on the larger maps, on Eco and Baazar for example it works well, but I'd consider increasing the 40 kills cap in TDM for those 18 slot servers.

edit: Oh and a HUGE thank you for the work you did on the servers, all my laggy issues (even with 36 ping I had some random problems with dodging and shooting every match, going from delays on shooting to some dodges feeling like the mech got caught in the floor) are gone on these servers, it's smooth again.

Edited by n3onfx, 22 April 2015 - 03:27 AM.

t

t

DWEH3ZP.png   CRITICAL  RqKpxHn.png    ASSIST   VDNrFxD.png

t

t

KarlSchlag

KarlSchlag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

I've had sooo much fun on the 18/24 servers. On small maps like Bunker it ended up in some kind of chaotic madness, but still fun to play. The "Spartan map" Uptown is playing completely sick due to players stacking at the bottlenecks, making it both impossible to move AND very satisfying to score at. I've had several double kills with one shot :D 
But Bazaar, Front Line or even Prosk are still strategic with 18 or even 24 players. Suddenly internals that give you boni on kills and assists become very powerful. Radar scramblers become irrelevant, because the map is so crowded that the Radar isn't such a helpful source of information as in smaller games. 
All in all Hawken players can only benefit from optional gamemodes and larger servers. Also we all liked the HC/XP boosts. More "stresstests" please ;)

IRZUTYo.png

SaYxVQp.pngbWmghey.png

KDR Veteran Member / KDR Server Administrator

Spoiler

Aelita

Aelita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Its chaotic,but many like that.

In EU, those big servers are the first that are filled every day. Right now i only see but two big servers on the list. (?)

Some Matches are very short. Higher Killcount and/or more time would make sense. Maybe just add 5 minutes and 20 k extra?

We don�t see all players on  the list. Scrolling? Thats silly. You have to scroll either at the enemy list or at yours. that makes no sense.

Some Maps aren�t really made for this. Then again...more chaos. I prefer maps like frontline for it.

In general. Everthing thats add another nuance of crazy to the game is welcome. Variety rules.

Volgraza

Volgraza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

3 or 4 of each mode would be cool as long as they aren't on the same map rotation.

Looks neat and clean. a few stray cables but that is normal.  :thumbsup:

M4st0d0n

M4st0d0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

1. 6vs6 is ideal IMO. Mayhem server are fun but Silverfire nailed the map rotation that should be made on them.

2. Nice to see where the magic happens.

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts
The mayhem servers are great, using other game modes and the right map rotation would make them really shine.

And that workspace looks productive, but it needs a mini barrel cactus. Just saying.

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

peacecraftSLD

peacecraftSLD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Having more than 6 on a team is awesome. I loved the mayhem servers. More pilots always made it more interesting to me. You learn a lot quicker if you are fighting more people. I also think that adding more players to a match will help with balance but that's like just my opinion, man.

Ysenberg

Ysenberg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Strangely enough i like the Mayhem-Servers^^

Playing with a larger group of people seems to make tactical play more possible. I also agree on raising the killcap and maybe prolong the matches. Another idea of mine would be to create larger maps for those servers over time. But that's another topic and to be honest it reminds me a little of Mechwarrior, so i'm not too hyped about my own idea^^

Best regard from the land of the Bratwurst

Ysen

P.S.:Oh, and your station is a monster^^ 

To quote one of my favorite reads." It's ALIVE!!!!"

Edited by Ysenberg, 22 April 2015 - 08:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users