WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

LGBTQ HAWKEN

(name subject to change)

eV4dwZL.png

Here's a casual community group-type not-really-a-clan-but-hey-this-is-the-closest-forum-for-this-type-of-thing-clan for the LGBTQ members of the community! POWER IN SOLIDARITY. POWER IN UNION. MUCH FUN. VERY CUTE. WOW.

Anyone who identifies as lesbian, gày, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, intersex, asexual, aromantic, agender, etc. or anywhere else that might be subject to cissexism or heterosexism is welcome! Allies are also welcome. If you're both cis and straight or either, you're also welcome! There is basically no limit on who can join and participate so long as they are not a bigot. Everyone is welcome :D

Bigot: This means anyone who is or expresses sentiments that are homophobic, transphobic, discriminatory in general, etc.

This is a completely voluntary group join and you do not need to state any identification, partly because we do not want to out anyone who is uncomfortable with being out.

I just want to have a clan thingy for us for fun. I have no master plans to take over the world or anything like turning everyone queer in some manner.

There isn't much to say. We're just a group that wants to have fun.

---

The Mumble server has been discontinued due to a high inactivity-to-expense ratio.

---

Clan Member List
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW -> As the spirit of HAWKEN, I ENDORSE THIS THREAD. I'm a trans girl and I'm bi. Hi. Bye.
Kittles (formerly Umbre) -> trans girl. Bi. My wife.
deidarall
Neraste -> bi
Eyes only -> Bisexual dragon fur
Ranna -> ACE PILOT

Edited by WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, 13 June 2016 - 05:59 AM.

• phed, LEmental, ZombieBiscuit and 19 others like this

Thank you for your time,

Kittles

Kittles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

I too am a trans girl and bi. How coincidental that we are wives, right?

• WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW likes this

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

I think this is a good idea. Not going to participate, though :D

• Miscellaneous, Erzunterweltler, VYR3 and 1 other like this

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
Hawken has been in need of this sort of sub-community. Congrats!
  • LaurenEmily likes this

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero
v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

i didn't read this Topic , i swear to god  :teehee:

• dorobo likes this

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

strate

wish much fun for you

:)

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Redacted.

Edited by KilleR_OrigiNs, 30 April 2015 - 10:22 PM.

Teljaxx the Unintentional

Teljaxx the Unintentional

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Man... LGBWTFBBQs get to have all the fun...

I'm too normal to be in any cool clans...

• dorobo, WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW and OdinTheWise like this

Me are always recall near what beauty I quench thy water at dost hast jest if clubly pink codpiece shall torment yon melancholy questioned bare peach to see whatsoever hitherto delicate purple sausage mans.

BlueOrb.gif

Neraste

Neraste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Good initiative! I'd like to join, but I'm so shy in TS servers >_< ...

Anyway, if you need logo or artistic material, I think I can help.

hkn_sign_mdh_by_neraste-d8oyzgq.png hkn_sign_lgbt_by_neraste-d8oyzga.png

Kittles

Kittles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Man... LGBWTFBBQs get to have all the fun...

I'm too normal to be in any cool clans...

I think she may have forgotten to mention that everyone including non LGBTQ can join.

• Houruck likes this

Kittles

Kittles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

You can just sit and listen. Talking is not a requirement.

• Neraste likes this

Neraste

Neraste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

You can just sit and listen. Talking is not a requirement.

Good point. That's what I'm best at.

Aelita

Aelita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

"Allies are also welcome!"

92770.png

I approve this message!  

• WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW and Bergwein like this

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
everyone is welcome! :D you can't be too normal! only being too much of a bully is not allowed

Yesh, sure! I'll put it right up :3

Thank you for your time,

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

My name is Amidatelion and I approve of this thread.

Though normally I push for more people in the TS, I understand and appreciate the need for LGBTQA spaces, so good on you for doing this.

I'd get on, except Mumble.

• JeffMagnum, Nov8tr and SOD_CyberTormentor like this

(P:B)Augmentia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

What I am about to say should be taken with a grain of salt. Please don't rage. If we have a private TS for the LGBTQ community, then why can't we have one for the straight people? JUST the straight people. No gays allowed. Oh, but no prejudice. Not at all. You see what I am a bit uncomfortable with? If you section off by sexuality, things can get ugly pretty fast. Just wanted to point this out.

PS: Remember, grain of salt.

Edited by Augmentia, 07 April 2015 - 06:52 AM.

I am MM
brKc5dA.jpg

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

What I am about to say should be taken with a grain of salt. Please don't rage. If we have a private TS for the LGBTQ community, then why can't we have one for the straight people? JUST the straight people. No gays allowed. Oh, but no prejudice. Not at all. You see what I am a bit uncomfortable with? If you section off by sexuality, things can get ugly pretty fast. Just wanted to point this out.

PS: Remember, grain of salt.

come on

Are you being facetious or do you actually not understand the difference? 

Edited by JeffMagnum, 07 April 2015 - 06:55 AM.

• _incitatus, talon70, Dew and 1 other like this

d1eZeG3.png

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

come on

Are you being facetious or do you actually not understand the difference? 

I just feel like it could turn a bit akward over time. I think you people would rage if we had a straight clan, celebrating any who identify as straight. You would literally flip out and demand we stop our actions, saying it was prejudiced.

• DemitronPrime likes this
I am MM
brKc5dA.jpg

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

I just feel like it could turn a bit akward over time. I think you people would rage if we had a straight clan, celebrating any who identify as straight. You would literally flip out and demand we stop our actions, saying it was prejudiced.

It is, because straight people do not face a massive amount of prejudice online. You don't face death threats, you don't have your entire existence boiled down to an insult. Even in Hawken, which is one of the most mature and tolerant communities I've ever been a part of. Even in the Hawken TS I have had to warn others on multiple occasions from using homophobic language.

Calling people fuzzy bunny, calling things gay might be "no big deal" or "they were just joking" but when you have to deal with microaggressions like that on a daily basis it is incredibly tiring and demeaning. And then also having to deal with that in a game where you're just trying to have fun? Like I said, I understand the desire and need for a safe space.

Just by coming into the thread and questioning it, you're adding a straw to the pile of fuzzy bunny people have to deal with online. And I say this knowing that you mean no harm.

• LEmental, Nept, crockrocket and 16 others like this

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Calling people fuzzy bunny

Well that should be censored... fuzzy bunny (just testing the non plural) Yep uncensored as well

EDIT: Message Tiggs, hopefully fixed soon

Edited by crockrocket, 07 April 2015 - 07:24 AM.

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Amid already said pretty much what I would've, but there's also the fact that, on account of the views that tend to be especially common in online gaming, the rest of the clans are de facto straight clans. They don't necessarily celebrate heterosexuality, but they can be a very unwelcoming environment for LGBTQIA people regardless due to the language commonly used and prevalent heteronormativity. Clans like this are a way to make sure people aren't excluded or made uncomfortable.

Also, WWW posted multiple times that cishet allies are welcome as long as they're respectful. 

Well that should be censored... fuzzy bunny (just testing the non plural) Yep uncensored as well

EDIT: Message Tiggs, hopefully fixed soon

This was intentional and just further proves what Amid and I are saying (not that you don't know)

61f68b8772.png

Edited by JeffMagnum, 08 April 2015 - 02:03 PM.

• Nept, _incitatus and WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW like this

d1eZeG3.png

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
touché.

While I might not agree on this topic, I concede defeat. I withdraw my presence on this topic gracefully.

• Nept likes this
I am MM
brKc5dA.jpg

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

This was intentional and just further proves what Amid and I are saying (not that you don't know)

I understand why Amid used it in this context, and I wasn't referring to that instance. I just meant that in general it should probably be censored.

• Nov8tr likes this

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Oh nvm, I misread your post scrolling down. I thought you were referring to "ga y" being censored, but yeah, I agree with what you said. My bad. 

Edited by JeffMagnum, 07 April 2015 - 09:02 AM.

d1eZeG3.png

MaNia_C

MaNia_C

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Basic clan etiquette dictates that you should NEVER have this type of debate in someone's Clan Hall post. I am sorry for disrupting the normal flow of things,truly sorry. MaNIa_C signing out.

Edited by MaNia_C, 07 April 2015 - 11:20 AM.

• Erzunterweltler and Pastorius like this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Can we not fuzzy bunny all over this thread for no reason, please? If you don't agree for whatever reason, there's no point in commenting. 

d1eZeG3.png

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Don't be who you are and don't post about it where I can see it because otherwise I will of my own volition click on your post and reply to it, also of my own volition because you invited discord into a thing.

• MaNia_C likes this

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

I will now nicely ask those who got nothing to do with this thread to piss of. Thanks.

Nothing even closely toxic should be posted after this post.

Edited by Aregon, 07 April 2015 - 09:16 AM.

CRITICAL ASSIST

v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

MaNia_C

MaNia_C

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Basic clan etiquette dictates that you should NEVER have this type of debate in someone's Clan Hall post. I am sorry for disrupting the normal flow of things,truly sorry. MaNIa_C signing out.

Edited by MaNia_C, 07 April 2015 - 11:20 AM.

• Pastorius likes this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Be who you are, wherever you want. I believe in that right, and i have even been in physical fights for the right of others to be whoever they wish to be..
I live in a country that has a name that starts with Former, you seem like a caring non-cynical person..google it. It is a harsh place and kinda backwards..i believe that i know a thing or two about bigotry and prejudice of every kind..
What i said was more for the idea to keep a game a game, cause things can turn very fast into a very real thing, and real things can be ugly.
I am 30 years old and view the world through a gray veil..lost the belief in a progressive world, cause i found out that people can't be reasoned with..i openly admit that i may fully be wrong and that my view may not be objective though i want to think it is..
I wish the clan all the best and hope to see them in SCRIM's as fellow combatants and friends :)

I understand you're doing the opposite of trying to insult anyone, but you are at some level saying that we should be quiet about this, that a voice wishing to identify with something that their person identifies with should not speak.

Meanwhile anyone can join a clan based on their location, you're already in one. That's something most of us have little choice over, but people still come together over it.

The thing is, this, Hawken, is a community made up of individuals- people with their own personal tastes and desires, and people make friends over the things that make them similar. There's nothing wrong with putting up a sign that says "people who like this, join here," and that should extend indefinitely as long as putting up that sign isn't spreading some sort of racism or bigotry, which it's easy to see, that's not the case here.

I also understand that there's a level of safety and concern in your statements, and hell, that's fine. But I think you've made your point, your warning, and anyone who wishes to heed it can. But truthfully, I think the people who've lived it know a little bit about that by default.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 07 April 2015 - 09:43 AM.

• Amidatelion, Nov8tr, Zuurkern and 1 other like this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Never give up hope! Just take a break :3

Thank you for your time,

MaNia_C

MaNia_C

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Edited by MaNia_C, 07 April 2015 - 11:19 AM.

• Pastorius likes this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Edit: Re-thought my post...
-Snip-
Basic clan etiquette dictates that you should NEVER have this type of debate in someone's Clan Hall post. 
-Snip-

Edited by Pastorius, 07 April 2015 - 11:13 AM.

• Aregon and MaNia_C like this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Firstly:
Basic clan etiquette dictates that you should NEVER have this type of debate in someone's Clan Hall post. That is not what they are for and it is such a shame that wwwwwwetc's. thread has come to this already. Sad though it is, unfortunately, it outlines the very reason that this type of sub-community is necessary. 

Strangely, this is the second time that I have written this today but inclusion, representation and equality in gaming is something I am very passionate about. 

Secondly:
When I first saw this thread, earlier today, I hesitated because my first thought was that the creation of such a community only serves to further segregate. However, now it's clear that this may be a necessity after all. 

As for all other clans being, well,  "Straight",  I am a little offended at this presumption as someone's personal choices have no baring whatever. And, before we escalate into the phrase "choices" I simply couldn't find a better phrase when I wrote this.

Thirdly:
Tolerance. Just fuzzy common sense and tolerance.

Can we please find a way to be decent human beings before we start banging our fists and head on the keyboard in front of us. 

We kinda expected more of the community here. Disappointing really.

• MaNia_C likes this

CRITICAL ASSIST

v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

deidarall

deidarall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

I like this group. I am in this group. I rest my roots here.

I am a tree. You will see me on the mumbles. ^_^

• WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW and CounterlogicMan like this

AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Guess I'll be seeing you people there, because that's already the mumble server I hang out in. I suppose that makes me an "ally" by default.

• WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, OdinTheWise and CounterlogicMan like this

Neraste

Neraste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

I feel quite sad the discussion went this way... Even if interesting questions were asked. Sexuality should be something making people happy, not worried or angry.

I don't know about clan segregationism, because I'm not really into this yet, but I believe you don't belong body and soul to a clan, but simply are a member and thus can be part of any clans you want at the same time. Don't you? I think it's fun to have different labels. The Internet is indeed an anonymous place, but we tend to color our avatars with what we like. Because we are humans.

I don't know exactly what a LGBTQIAPK+AH clan can do, but I still think it's a good initiative in a community to have a place where you can say "I'm lesbian/g?y/bi/trans/etc." and be accepted as it, which is something you still can't in some other places, IG or IRL. As long as you can't in other places, and also as long as "g?y" will be censored because often used to insult people, I think a clan like this needs to exist. Don't you?

peace_n_love2_by_neraste-d8ouyrj.png

I also wish all those letters one day merge into a single word: human. Then, such a clan won't be necessary.

Sorry for h4ck1n9 the censor engine, and for reviving some points with the marshmallow tone, but I wanted to say that.

• Aelita, WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, LaurenEmily and 2 others like this

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

That is such a cute logo Neraste, i wish this clan/group nothing but the best, may we all be allowed to live our lives the way we want. 

Be happy & reach for the rainbows together :)

• Erzunterweltler, Pastorius and WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW like this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

I feel quite sad the discussion went this way... Even if interesting questions were asked. Sexuality should be something making people happy, not worried or angry.

I don't know about clan segregationism, because I'm not really into this yet, but I believe you don't belong body and soul to a clan, but simply are a member and thus can be part of any clans you want at the same time. Don't you? I think it's fun to have different labels. The Internet is indeed an anonymous place, but we tend to color our avatars with what we like. Because we are humans.

I don't know exactly what a LGBTQIAPK+AH clan can do, but I still think it's a good initiative in a community to have a place where you can say "I'm lesbian/g?y/bi/trans/etc." and be accepted as it, which is something you still can't in some other places, IG or IRL. As long as you can't in other places, and also as long as "g?y" will be censored because often used to insult people, I think a clan like this needs to exist. Don't you?

peace_n_love2_by_neraste-d8ouyrj.png

I also wish all those letters one day merge into a single word: human. Then, such a clan won't be necessary.

Sorry for h4ck1n9 the censor engine, and for reviving some points with the marshmallow tone, but I wanted to say that.

Nice one! It's in the OP now.

Thanks for the well-wishes everyone.

I'm adding/removing people from the clan list now. If you would like to apply to be written in the clan list, feel free to PM me and any info that you might want me to include.

Edited by WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, 07 April 2015 - 09:11 PM.

Thank you for your time,

OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

as i already belong to a group and am straight, i however do support this as this is a great thing. in fact we should just support sex in general, why should it matter who it is with or what kind of junk you were born with 

• WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, ScarletThirteen and Teljaxx the Unintentional like this

We Can Dance If We Want To     

OTWsig2.jpg

ES3lMRu.png?1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users