Photo

Go back to 6 v 6 or make larger maps for larger groups.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

The new games with more players I think is a mistake 6 vs 6 is the maximum number I think that is need in a game. Anymore than that on small maps and you take away strategic positioning because seems like everyone is every where ....personalty I like to be able to move for cover in a 6vs6 game ya I might get flaked but with the new system it seems Like a CLUSTER F^%$.  if you want to do this you need bigger maps for larger games only.

Edited by Source_Mystic, 21 April 2015 - 05:56 PM.

KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Redacted.

Edited by KilleR_OrigiNs, 30 April 2015 - 09:59 PM.

nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

It's just a temporary stress test for servers. They don't plan to make it permanent. 

hwk_sig_by_nokari-d8mkch4.png

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

If they do decide to permanently implement the large servers down the road, I would recommend having them selectable as a separate game mode, so to speak. I don't even mind the madness of 24 people on a small map, as long as that's what I wanted to play at the moment. Don't want to always get stuck in that situation through matchmaking though.

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

If they do decide to permanently implement the large servers down the road, I would recommend having them selectable as a separate game mode, so to speak.

And also make the "gamemode" for several maps and not all of them. I may not have ever played a 8v8 TDM on Bunker, but I seriously don't need to, to know how that's going to turn out. ^^; And there's also the possibility that this is already a thing...

Rahr12341

Rahr12341

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

I actually REALLY like the crowded battle fields. felt like an actual war.

FRX23

FRX23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Back in the days (pre Ascension update) this servers (called mayhem) was a lot of fun.

Now because the lower TTK and the higher global speed of the game, it's just like a destruction derby with paper toys which is not so epic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users