10 replies to this topic

xanguard

xanguard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hawken voice comm has never worked. A working voice comm would definitely be

benefit this game as it requires teamwork. Hopefully the new dev team will make

the broken voice comm in game work again.

Will really appreciate the effort.

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

It's a double-edged sword though. You will have to listen to 13-year-olds telling you about their adventures with your mom. I think a well-designed set of radio commands (e.g. "Hold this position!" or "Fall back!") would work better. And for competitive play there's always TeamSpeak.

• dorobo, Trigary, Miscellaneous and 6 others like this

opicr0n

opicr0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

It's a double-edged sword though. You will have to listen to 13-year-olds telling you about their adventures with your mom. I think a well-designed set of radio commands (e.g. "Hold this position!" or "Fall back!") would work better. And for competitive play there's always TeamSpeak.

I remember well, when I started playing Hawken I met DerMax.

Using the rocketeer I was engaging the AA from afar on Origin. When I suddenly hear: "Move your fat (mech) ass, this is my spot" ;). Oh the joys of voice-comm ^^.

Edited by opicr0n, 24 April 2015 - 03:34 AM.

• bacon_avenger likes this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

I remember well, when I started playing Hawken I met DerMax.

Using the rocketeer I was engaging the AA from afar on Origin. When I suddenly hear "Move your fat (mech) ass this is my spot" ;). Oh the joys of voice-comm ^^.

Okay, you're making things up right now xD

opicr0n

opicr0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Okay, you're making things up right now xD

Honestly it happened. I didnt know you back then, and it made quite an impact that an good player was telling me to scram. ;)

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Hawken voice comm has never worked. A working voice comm would definitely be

benefit this game as it requires teamwork. Hopefully the new dev team will make

the broken voice comm in game work again.

Will really appreciate the effort.

Voice comms have been binned. They will be re-added, but they need to hire programmers and get a handle on the code builds first.

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Honestly it happened. I didnt know you back then, and it made quite an impact that an good player was telling me to scram. ;)

Oh wow, this is embarrassing :S

I don't remember myself ever using the in-game voice comm, though.

• opicr0n likes this

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts
You are all welcome to invite your friends and teammates to use the Officially Unofficial Hawken Teamspeak found at ts5.gameservers.com:9152 just hop on, know the rules, and use voice comms to your heart's content.
  • eth0 likes this

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

(Unknown)1590d2c747fabd

(Unknown)1590d2c747fabd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

I know on the Q&A yesterday it was suggested that the devs just integrate an existing 3rd party service (TS3, Steam, etc) into Hawken rather than re-invent the wheel. But as was pointed out, there still needs to be development resources beyond the current herculean "break/fix" / "Damage Control" / "Stabilization" work being done.

A little link from the "old days" because it seems I lost all my street cred with the forum reboot:

http://hawken.mirror...primary-weapon/

PepeKenobi

PepeKenobi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

The ingame Vo/IP worked during some time and then, IIRC, worked only during the first game (or two sometimes) you played in your HAWKEN gaming session. Sometimes logging out and in again gave you one more extra working ingame Vo/IP chance to use it...

Note: According to what I've been talking on this with some few friends of mine, muting a pilot should mute his text based input as well. This if the thing works again in some near future. Thing wich I'd like to see someday soon to tell you the truth.

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

The ingame Vo/IP worked during some time and then, IIRC, worked only during the first game (or two sometimes) you played in your HAWKEN gaming session. Sometimes logging out and in again gave you one more extra working ingame Vo/IP chance to use it...

Pretty much.

It worked well pre-ascension, not so much after that point.  Some people it worked perfectly, others not at all.  I remember testing a beta build of the client with Defter and hearing his confusion during the few times it worked.

More proof that the ascension patch was generally a bad idea and should have been rolled back. :tongue:

Edited by bacon_avenger, 24 April 2015 - 07:58 PM.

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users