Photo

HAWKEN related - Could you recommend me a good freeware video editing software, please?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

PepeKenobi

PepeKenobi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

That, thanks in advance guys! :smile:

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Lightworks is free with registration. I'm not very familiar with it but I know some others around here use it, too.

• PepeKenobi, KilleR_OrigiNs and SOD_CyberTormentor like this

Pubstomping is a whole different strategic discussion, however, and usually just becomes an exploration of the ethics of dumpstering randos.

UYoy63i.png

Why mech game make when you no mech game have you don't want to make? 

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Lightworks is free with registration. I'm not very familiar with it but I know some others around here use it, too.

I use lightworks myself and have found it to be very powerful.

The caveat here is that the free version will not output 1080.

• dorobo and PepeKenobi like this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

PepeKenobi

PepeKenobi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

720 as max for the free version of it as i can read on the official web site right now.

Thanks guys, much appretiated :thumbsup:

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

^ and these days when theres tv sized monitors around you need as much as you can get

Volgraza

Volgraza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

great editor. has it's limits but has a lot of great features. all free. http://www.videosoft...ee-video-editor

BluetoothBoy

BluetoothBoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

What sort of editing? VFX? Simply stringing together footage? Advanced color correction?

Neraste

Neraste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Arf, the ones I use aren't free at all...

The FOSSs I've tried aren't numerous. On Linux, I've tried KDEnlive, but it was just Hell (with fire, Devil, segfaults and all). VideoLAN (those who make VLC) is working on VLMC, but it's in pre-alpha and unstable. Surprisingly enough, I've heard you can use Blender for video editing. Some more here (Blender is the winner of the selection, would worth to give a try).

Edited by Neraste, 27 April 2015 - 06:42 PM.

hkn_sign_mdh_by_neraste-d8oyzgq.pnghkn_sign_lgbt_by_neraste-d8oyzga.png

BluetoothBoy

BluetoothBoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Arf, the ones I use aren't free at all...

The FOSSs I've tried aren't numerous. On Linux, I've tried KDEnlive, but it was just Hell (with fire, Devil, segfaults and all). VideoLAN (those who make VLC) is working on VLMC, but it's in pre-alpha and unstable. Surprisingly enough, I've heard you can use Blender for video editing. Some more here (Blender is the winner of the selection, would worth to give a try).

Yes, definitely give Blender a shot. I use it mostly for modeling/animation, but it has many cool video editing features as well (such as a compositor and a camera tracker). And, since it is a 3D modeling program, you can integrate 3D stuff into your shots. It will (almost guaranteed) seem very daunting at first, as it is not like most other programs as a video editor, but it is worth it to stick with it until you can use it fluently.

EDIT: Still, if you are looking to edit videos a lot, I would highly suggest making the jump to the Adobe Suite of products, if you can afford it. You will not be disappointed (except for maybe by the pricing).

Edited by BluetoothBoy, 28 April 2015 - 08:44 AM.

• Volgraza likes this

Volgraza

Volgraza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

EDIT: Still, if you are looking to edit videos a lot, I would highly suggest making the jump to the Adobe Suite of products, if you can afford it. You will not be disappointed (except for maybe by the pricing).

Most of the adobe products can be bought with the creative cloud feature. which basically means your renting the software for about 20 to 40 bucks a month. which is great considering you used to have to pay several thousand for a license. so if it cost 2000.00 at 40.00 a month it would take you 50 months or 4.1 years to reach that cost and with the cloud you get updates and improvements regularly. so it is a pretty good deal. Definitely give it a look. if you decide to get some of the adobe products check out http://www.videocopilot.net/ for great source of effects and Tuts. Good luck.

• BluetoothBoy likes this

BluetoothBoy

BluetoothBoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Most of the adobe products can be bought with the creative cloud feature. which basically means your renting the software for about 20 to 40 bucks a month. which is great considering you used to have to pay several thousand for a license. so if it cost 2000.00 at 40.00 a month it would take you 50 months or 4.1 years to reach that cost and with the cloud you get updates and improvements regularly. so it is a pretty good deal. Definitely give it a look. if you decide to get some of the adobe products check out http://www.videocopilot.net/ for great source of effects and Tuts. Good luck.

Yup! I have the full CC suite myself. The price can just be a bit daunting to some people. ;)

• Volgraza likes this

Neraste

Neraste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

If you start to use it intensively, it is worth to invest in it.

hkn_sign_mdh_by_neraste-d8oyzgq.pnghkn_sign_lgbt_by_neraste-d8oyzga.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users