- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Paradox23

Paradox23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Just a thread for pointing out some minor aspects of the game you're surprised aren't already there.  This is not intended to be a "whining" thread and by little things, I don't mean gigantic updates or removal of certain updates that would take a very long time to make. 

I'll begin by saying that I'm surprised that while you can get the Prosk Logo for your in-game profile, you can't get the Sentium or possibly Crion emblems either (the latter's more understandable, they're a defunct faction).  Did the former devs intend to create a Sentium-themed bundle before getting disbanded or something? 

Edited by Paradox23, 25 April 2015 - 08:55 AM.

nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

They never released those two emblems since each one would come with a bundle. It was only the second or third bundle that had the Prosk emblem (also with Prosk mechs) and then after that ADH stopped developing. So the others probably exist and we'll see them in the near future in new bundles or other ways to buy. We all expected a Sentium bundle, but since there are no Crion mechs, that will either come with some bigger more unique bundle or sold directly in game.

• crockrocket likes this

hwk_sig_by_nokari-d8mkch4.png

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

A pink paint that looks bright pink, not the muddy thing we have atm.

• HoneyBoomBoom likes this

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Just a thread for pointing out some minor aspects of the game you're surprised aren't already there.  This is not intended to be a "whining" thread and by little things, I don't mean gigantic updates or removal of certain updates that would take a very long time to make. 

I'll begin by saying that I'm surprised that while you can get the Prosk Logo for your in-game profile, you can't get the Sentium or possibly Crion emblems either (the latter's more understandable, they're a defunct faction).  Did the former devs intend to create a Sentium-themed bundle before getting disbanded or something? 

There is a crion logo in the game. Don't know about sentium. 

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

https://steamdb.info...?a=app&q=hawken

You can see "Sentium Starter Bundle" but it never became a thing.

m0bieduck

m0bieduck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
I wanna paint my own paint. Do it in ms paint then copy it into the skin for hawken. Can we have this option. Where we can upload an image file or draw something crappy in game and use it as a skin? Pls, will pay mad mc for it
  • dorobo likes this
prematurely declared king of typos, unreadable posts, and stupid threads.

Paradox23

Paradox23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Well there was one thing I was wondering until I pretty much answered it, which was why the game doesn't offer items like land-mines or wall-mines your mechs can deploy.  I then realized that detonators could serve pretty much the same purpose. 

WastingTime

WastingTime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

+1 to proximity mines

As this game if movement based an item to disrupt flow would be a new aspect.  A snare to trap a mech to a limited area, change the disrupter to invert your controls, or an item that pushes mechs away

On movement how about thrusters that push your mech down as a way to end a jump earlier or eliminate the set trajectory from jump pads

We have a heat charge to help incin & harm others.  Why not the inverse & a cooling charge?  Allows a team to better hunker & defend a point my mitigating heat

Impact damage.  If we have 'crushing damage' why not from a body slam or crash

• Interrobang87 likes this

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time

AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

+1 to proximity mines

As this game if movement based an item to disrupt flow would be a new aspect.  A snare to trap a mech to a limited area, change the disrupter to invert your controls, or an item that pushes mechs away

On movement how about thrusters that push your mech down as a way to end a jump earlier or eliminate the set trajectory from jump pads

We have a heat charge to help incin & harm others.  Why not the inverse & a cooling charge?  Allows a team to better hunker & defend a point my mitigating heat

Impact damage.  If we have 'crushing damage' why not from a body slam or crash

Mines are skilless, free damage. I'd rather see a detonating charge. Something that you actually have to pay attention too. That would also allow the item to do non-trivial damage, yet be balanced.

As far as snares, knockbacks, and the like, those are generally mechanics that are avoided in games because they are anti-fun. Sure, if you're using them it might be nice, but for most people, when they are hit by something that removes control from them it's nothing more than frustrating. There's a fair amount of research about this sort of thing. Riot, for example, looked into this.

Air Compressor.

As if this game isn't already defense oriented enough already. Also heat management is ridiculously easy. There's no need for such an item. If you're having trouble managing heat, it's simply a matter of becoming more skilled at it.

PepeKenobi

PepeKenobi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

I agree on that there's no need for proximity mines in the game. If you like traps and mines then you always can have a lot of fun with the predator mech right now.

WastingTime

WastingTime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Not necessarily advocating adding them just noting that I'm surprised that they're not a part of the game.
I do have fun with the pred.  Both in setting traps & playing eoc spam (aka the floor is lava)

The one bit I would like that I mentioned is the thruster to force your mech down.  Or perhaps a toggle for 180 or reverse boost

PepeKenobi

PepeKenobi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

---
The one bit I would like that I mentioned is the thruster to force your mech down. 

---

That's definitely quite a good idea, mate!

If universal and moderately effective in the gameplay scheme this might be a very good addition in the game, IMHO.

So +1 to that. :yes:

IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
Proper matchmaking.
  • Kopra and Flifang like this

Paradox23

Paradox23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

I can't help but notice the lack of cockpit interior decorations.  You'd think by now they'd have fuzzy dice or an 8ball hanging from above, or as someone in another thread mentioned "a bobblehead FRED mech" on the dash.   

AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

I can't help but notice the lack of cockpit interior decorations.  You'd think by now they'd have fuzzy dice or an 8ball hanging from above, or as someone in another thread mentioned "a bobblehead FRED mech" on the dash.   

Well, considering ADH stopped development not to long after they started doing cockpit cosmetics, it's not that surprising not much made it into the game.

I wonder if Reloaded has found assets for cockpit decorations hiding and are just waiting to release them.

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Well, considering ADH stopped development not to long after they started doing cockpit cosmetics, it's not that surprising not much made it into the game.

I wonder if Reloaded has found assets for cockpit decorations hiding and are just waiting to release them.

I wouldn't be surprised, hopefully that happens! I want more of the unreleased camos to come out as well.

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

WastingTime

WastingTime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

The ability to sell unused mechs, weapons or items

Blaz0re

Blaz0re

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

There are Keys to call for Help ingame, or to spot an enemy.
Why aren't there keys for siege to tell your teammates to go aa, go for eu, or tell them that you will be launching the ship?
I think it really would improve communication since you can communicate on the run without stopping and typing in chat. That wouldnt only help noobs, but everyone.

(P:B)Augmentia

(P:B)Augmentia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

There are Keys to call for Help ingame, or to spot an enemy.
Why aren't there keys for siege to tell your teammates to go aa, go for eu, or tell them that you will be launching the ship?
I think it really would improve communication since you can communicate on the run without stopping and typing in chat. That wouldnt only help noobs, but everyone.

I could be wrong, but I do believe there used to be such keys, but they took them out.

I am MM
brKc5dA.jpg

PepeKenobi

PepeKenobi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

IIRC, default keys are

Q .- To spot an enemy. and Z .- Help requested.

More possibilities would be much appreciated too. That definitely would save us time as shortcuts instead of having to type 'em on in-game team chat.

For example things like: Go to AA (AntiAir)! , Collect EU (energy) , Get in the AA, Come with me , Regroup here , etc ...

This kind of stuff should have its moderate priority from a production standpoint and could improve the flow of the action during a team based match pretty much. (Not everyone uses TeamSpeaker or similar 3rd party Vo/IP software to coordinate / communicate in between them.

WastingTime

WastingTime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

The previous forum had a similar request asking for a command wheel CoD style

This with a map waypoint system would be great

Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

replay/ demo record features, they are literally buit in unreal engine

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

The ability to sell unused mechs, weapons or items

sell customized mechs for mc or real money

Edited by dorobo, 30 April 2015 - 10:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users