- - - - - Mech idea

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Chocksa

Chocksa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

I posted this mech idea on the old forums but i did some fine tuning on this idea.

Mosquito (A-class)

Designed to answer the need for a suppresive mech that can get into possition faster than a rocketeer can. This mech would be best suited to fight enemy's that are closely grouped together, doing easy damage to multiple enemy's but it will be harder to fight 1 on 1. This mech would also be great for weakening the enemy's guarding aa structures in siege.

All mech and weapons stats are to be adjusted to give optimal balance. This is just a suggestion.

Stats:

Armor: 340

Ground speed walking: 20m/s

Boost speed ground: 35 m/s

Air speed: 40 m/s

Over heat recovery: 5s

Radar range: 135 meter

Special ability: Overload

It overloads the systems. Slightly increasing all movement stats and fire rates but also increasing the heat generation when firing and generating heat when moving. When you overheat this ability automaticly ends. Your mech  does not cool down when the ability is active. This ability can be toggled on and off but when you manually deactivate it the cooldown is triggered.

Starting item: EOC distributor

A device similar to the emp. This device carries 6 eoc mines. These get shot out in an even spread around the deviceafter an internal timer runs out. The max radius where these pucks land is around 25 meter.

Weapons:

First primary: Stinger

A rocket launcher that fires of non tracking cluster bomb rockets wich explode on impact or when within a few meter of an enemy. When it explodes it does a little damage with a small radius. When exploding it sends out 4 eoc mines in random directions. These mines have same stats as the mines shot out by the EOC repeater. The fire rate is around 1 shot/ 1.5 second. If the missile directly hits a enemy the EOC pucks will automaticly explode dealing extra damage.

Secondary primary: EOC repeater

For when you want more control on where your mines land.

Prestige weapon: mini seeker

Basicly a smaller version of the seeker with a higher rate of fire but less damage per shot. 

Secondary weapon: Hell rain

This weapon basicly fires of 5 stinger rockets wich have tracking capability's. If locked on to a target and fired the rockets first go up to come at the target from above. The rocket explodes a few meter above the target and spread mines on the ground around him. These rockets can also be dumbfired and manually detonated. The mines land in a 40 meter radius area around the explosion.

Edited by Chocksa, 22 July 2016 - 12:32 PM.

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

What I see as of now makes absolutely no sense.

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

Chocksa

Chocksa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

What I see as of now makes absolutely no sense.

Accidentaly posted to early, now it is more complete

Trigary

Trigary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

I don't like the prestige weapon, it's way more complex then any other primary weapon (and secondary weapons, too!), and I can't even imagine an A class mech firing 6 rockets as one shot. The stringer is more complex too, than other primaries, but I think it could be a secondary. It's just my opinion, and to say something nice too, I like the overload :)

Chocksa

Chocksa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

I don't like the prestige weapon, it's way more complex then any other primary weapon (and secondary weapons, too!), and I can't even imagine an A class mech firing 6 rockets as one shot. The stringer is more complex too, than other primaries, but I think it could be a secondary. It's just my opinion, and to say something nice too, I like the overload :)

The 6 rockets don't do direct damage, all damage potential is stored in the eoc mines carried within the rockets. But also as i stated, the numbers might be subject to change if it needs to for balance reasons.

Chocksa

Chocksa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Made some additions and changes to the OP. Tell me what you think. The changes are in bolt italic script.

Chocksa

Chocksa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

I goofed in the OP. :sweat:  Just noticed some misstakes. :wallbash: I have corrected them. :thumbsup: Things should make more sense now. 

AlphaPanzer01

AlphaPanzer01

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Nice idea man. But the amor..... maybe just 330?? Oh, the Stinger is actually nice, but the Hell Rain??? Why no reuse the the classic Hellfire?? Make it feel easier to play for Rocketeers

-Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

This mech sounds very spammy. The stingers that shoot out EOC mines when exploding would end up spamming large areas with mines, and I don't think I would like that very much, no sir. Also, are you talking about EOC mines that come out of the EOC Repeater, or EOC-P mines? Either way, I'm not really sure we need more weapons that are capable of spamming mines, especially ones that can't be destroyed if you mean EOC Repeater mines.

Also, I think we already have a "mosquito" mech... the Technician. :tongue:

• Grollourdo likes this

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Lol agreed XD

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

Chocksa

Chocksa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

This mech sounds very spammy. The stingers that shoot out EOC mines when exploding would end up spamming large areas with mines, and I don't think I would like that very much, no sir. Also, are you talking about EOC mines that come out of the EOC Repeater, or EOC-P mines? Either way, I'm not really sure we need more weapons that are capable of spamming mines, especially ones that can't be destroyed if you mean EOC Repeater mines.

Also, I think we already have a "mosquito" mech... the Technician. :tongue:

I was talking about eoc-r mines. If it were EOC-P mines it would be overpowered. Keep in mind that this mech can't put the mines in a specific location (unless it carries the eoc repeater). The mines would be dispersed randomly in the area. This might be spammy but this kind of weapon is what sometimes is required if the enemy is dug into a specific location. Think of the AA structure on origin when in a siege match. 

Nice idea man. But the amor..... maybe just 330?? Oh, the Stinger is actually nice, but the Hell Rain??? Why no reuse the the classic Hellfire?? Make it feel easier to play for Rocketeers

Because the hellfire missiles would be op on this mech i think. The Hell rain also gives some extra functionallity as a tactical weapon. Take the situation mentioned above. Good luck hitting ppl hiding inside that aa structure with a hellfire. But when you dumbfire the hellrain and manually detonate it inside you can spray the inside with 20 EOC mines possibly hitting the mechs hiding inside. Something wich would be hard with a hellfire shot.

Oh and about the armor, i allready said that if this is made in some form the numbers should be altered in playtests to give the best balance. The numbers mentioned above are just guidelines.

Edit: made some changens to the opening post concerning the special ability. This can now be turned of after activation but this triggers the cooldown on the ability.

Edited by Chocksa, 30 April 2015 - 03:40 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mech idea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users