Volgraza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Researcher Ember's Journal

Date 100 years after the release of the Hawken Virus

Sunday

Our Home Illal has been consumed. What little of us are Left Live in Mobile Mech platforms That house small cities of people. 90% of all the Recourses on Illal have been consumed by the Hawken Virus. The Old corporations have long since gone under, now only chaos rules. I am Traveling with Platform Omega to a newly discovered Feature on the Planets surface. Since the Release of the Hawken virus I have spent my life finding a way to reverse it. I have had no such Luck.

Researcher Ember's Journal

Date 100 years after the release of the Hawken Virus

tuesday 10 am

We finally made it to the Feature our Areal drones picked up early in the week. I'm taking out my Modified scout Mech to explore the Feature.

Tuesday 10:15am

I have made it to the edge of what seems to be a very large Hole. The sides slope inward toward the center. I can't see the bottom yet. going to launch my Probe and see how far it goes down.

tuesday 10:45am

The Probe I launched has yet to reach the bottom however it is detecting Vast amounts of EU energy farther down. I'm going to start a 3D scan of the feature.

tuesday 2pm

Fracking Fuzzy bunnies my probe finally reached the bottom. Ok Lets just retrieve the sensor data and.... No.. this. this can't be right! I need to tell the others right away! :incoming transmission: "Ember! Just needed to tell you Other platforms have reported Hundreds of Holes all over the planet. Just like the one your at now :End Transmission: 

tuesday 5pm

I presented my findings to the leaders of Platform Omega. they... didn't take it well. And how could they. I've been kicked off the platform with some supplies and my Scout Mech. I'm heading back to the Hole to gather more data.

Wednesday 1am

I've been taking Measurements all night long and the energy levels keep building with no signs of slowing. I don't want to believe what that means.

Wednesday 6am

My sensors are going crazy I've pulled back to a safe distance. I think it is going to happen. The Holes I found aren't holes they are Giant engines. :Ai: Warning massive energy spike detected :: its happening Fracking Fuzzy bunnies its happening! All the Holes.. No Engines are Firing now. the flames are shooting into the atmosphere..... Illal is... or rather the Hawken virus is on the move.

End of Entry

Edited by Volgraza, 30 April 2015 - 10:09 AM.

SandSpider2

SandSpider2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Interesting idea. Sounds like the virus has become self aware.  

SandSpiderBanner%207_zpsf0vtqnox.png

The Atlas Of Illal https://community.pl...atlas-of-illal/

Illal Maps and Information https://community.pl...nd-information/
An Interview With Laila https://community.pl...iew-with-laila/

The Quarantine of Illal https://community.pl...ntine-of-illal/

Volgraza

Volgraza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

The Virus needs to consume in order to keep growing. It most likely absorbed some computers and other maybe top  secret things Maybe even star charts. so once it has run out of Resources on Illal it needs to keep growing as part of its Programming. it can do a few things. build and Launch ships to go get resources or use the whole planet as the ship. I opted for the later because I like the idea of a hungry planet in search of its next meal. the down side is once the planet gets into deep space and away from the warmth of its star the surface will freeze over and everyone will die. the only way to stop the Hawken virus then would be to destroy the planet. even if you blew up the planet parts of the virus would live on and fly off in every direction so the best solution would be to Redirect the planet into it's Local star. Its the only way to be sure nothing survived. To be sure if there is no way to stop the Hawken virus the people quarantining the planet have thought of this Scenario. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users