- - - - - mech concept suggestion art

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

HeraldRedfordIII

HeraldRedfordIII

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

I know this topic might be better placed in suggestions but since Hawken is no where close to implementing new content I feel its best to leave this here.

So this is a mech concept for the pathfinder. It main role is some form of support.

Pathfinder/Trapper/Huntsman

B-class

Model: Sven (or whatever is convenient)

Armor: 500

Fuel Tank: 95

Boost Speed: 30 m/s

Fuel Regen: 10 L/s

Ground Speed: 18 m/s

Air Speed: 25

Overheating: 4 s

Radar: 135 m

Primaries: 

Secondary: Sabot 7R-4nQ 

A carbine-esk weapon made with no scope so it is a bit more accurate than the sabot rifle. Fires faster than the sabot rifle but with less damage. Normal rounds apply a debuff that slows enemy mechs(this includes air speed). Can only be stacked once. Clicking the middle mouse button will arm a single round with a tracker(this will become relevant later). Only one tracker can be out at a time. Firing more than one tracker will destroy the last one active. Both tracker and debuff will run off in time.

Ability(s):

K-09: Summon a flying bot (model could be taken from co-op bot destruction). K9 is equipped with either a slug rifle or an assault rifle, either of which will be nerfed versions of the original. K9 will stay close to pathfinder with a passive cloak. If pathfinder is being attacked or attacking, K9 will uncloak itself and fire at the enemy, if not K9 will remained cloaked. K9 will follow any enemy marked by the tracker, remaining cloaked.

Scan: All enemies are visable on your radar for 3 seconds

Dispel: All abilites are muted in small AoE around pathfinder

Spoiler

Edited by HeraldRedfordIII, 05 May 2015 - 11:17 AM.

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
I don't like the idea of deployable ai stuff... But yeah I like the rest...

For an ability maybe a heat vision Activision without cloak and is more limited ? The mech's sight could be more reduced than the pred and its ability last for idk 15-20 seconds?

We could use an anti ambush support mech no? Well... It would also fit in Lore's and all that logic ...

Idk if prosk start making a lot of ambush vehicles then the other side would with no hesitation counter that no? Its like real life strategy?

Well ... All I'm suggesting could be bad but I think we should get a Lil anti ambush focused much .... In anyway... Idk...

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

No debuffs. Damage increase, yes, flash bangs, yes, EMP, yes, but nothing that kills my movement.

Additionally, think about new primary weapons, we already have a shitload of htiscan automatic rifles like AR and Slug.

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

HeraldRedfordIII

HeraldRedfordIII

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

I don't like the idea of deployable ai stuff... But yeah I like the rest...

For an ability maybe a heat vision Activision without cloak and is more limited ? The mech's sight could be more reduced than the pred and its ability last for idk 15-20 seconds?

You shouldn't make a mech just to counter a single mech. But the idea of an overseer might be nice. A form of sentinel defense to watch out for flanking/hidden enemies. So thank you

No debuffs. Damage increase, yes, flash bangs, yes, EMP, yes, but nothing that kills my movement.

Additionally, think about new primary weapons, we already have a shitload of htiscan automatic rifles like AR and Slug.

Damage increase is a debuff and its kinda unoriginal with the tech already having a weapon for that. The slow might seem terrible but it can be completely possible with moderation, it wouldn't be a ridiculous slow for a long time but a slight maybe 1-2 second slow. Also items can be whatever thats not really important. I haven't put all that much thought into this mechs primaries but a projectile weapon might mess with the intended play style, though i will try to think of some.

Edited by HeraldRedfordIII, 01 May 2015 - 06:30 PM.

• Grollourdo likes this

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

You shouldn't make a mech just to counter a single mech. But the idea of an overseer might be nice. A form of sentinel defense to watch out for flanking/hidden enemies.

Damage increase is a debuff and its kinda unoriginal with the tech already having a weapon for that. The slow might seem terrible but it can be completely possible with moderation, it wouldn't be a ridiculous slow for a long time but a slight maybe 1-2 second slow. Also items can be whatever thats not really important. I haven't put all that much thought into this mechs primaries but a projectile weapon might mess with the intended play style.

Pretty much everythign I mentioned is a debuff, excuse me. But still, take a look at the weapon raise delay thread, hig h tier players complaining about 0.5 seconds delay. and 1-2 seconds is much woohooo.

No direct movement controls, only indirect controls like EOC mines or blockades as well as surpression fire, etc.

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

HeraldRedfordIII

HeraldRedfordIII

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Yo I never said anything about weapon raise I'm talking movement of the mech itself: ground speed, boost speed and air speed. And though it seems scary it doesn't mean the idea cant be tried or altered. EMP and ISM i think would be considered a disable not a debuff, excuse you.

Edited by HeraldRedfordIII, 06 May 2015 - 10:20 PM.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

I think if it has heat vision ability it should have less HP as its ability gives it additional avoidance.

A class perhaps, or a B with lower than normal HP

Primary (seems like a different combo)
Reflak
Heat Cannon
RevGL

New secondary
cluster grenades - like corsair mirv, but bouncy like standard grenades
no air burst but they bounce more than standard grenade

Ability
Heat vision 10 sec (makes scanner noise so you can hear it is active)

Item

HE grenade.

This mech is all about bouncing metal round corners.

Who thinks this would be worth a try? Would you think it is OP? Weak? how would you counter?

HeraldRedfordIII

HeraldRedfordIII

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

I think the mech you're describing is a sort of burst assassin. Like a mixture of the pred and raider. Pretty much grenadier g2. But with all those grenades i feel IR vision would do little to help it. The ability should help to push the mechs performance in combat or at least help establish a set play style 

Edited by HeraldRedfordIII, 05 May 2015 - 11:33 AM.

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Its a pretty cool concept and it looks balanced XD

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

WastingTime

WastingTime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

I like the tracking ability mentioned on your updated sabot.  Would be handy to clean up those wile a classes with just a sliver of health 

• Grollourdo likes this

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mech, concept, suggestion, art

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users