- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

cassini08

cassini08

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Played a ton, haven't quite nailed exactly what = what..

Is it the amount of players on the silo (faster launch), or is it the amount of silo's controlled (more launches)? or both? 

And, any other strat or suggestions that you might care to share? 

Heaps thanks as always!

GET IN THE DAMN BOX!

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

More silos is way better, you have to balance your team between the silos you control.  I don't think player count in a silo quickens launch.

• cassini08 likes this

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

More silos is way better, you have to balance your team between the silos you control.  I don't think player count in a silo quickens launch.

Correct. Player cap silos faster in MA. It's in Siege where you launch faster. In MA, launch times are set and once begun they cannot be stopped. This means that even after you  cap a silo, if it was firing at your base, that missile is hitting your base. 

Of course, minutiae like that are relevant literally only to TPG players because you are never going to be in a situation where those 8 pts are relevant in pubs.

• cassini08 likes this

cassini08

cassini08

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

How about, capping 2, like in Bunker there are 2 closer together out of the 3, capping and holding firm with help as close as can be. Mathematically that should work right? 

GET IN THE DAMN BOX!

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

On circle maps there are no 2 points that are sufficiently distant enough to warrant focusing. What you want to do is play a dynamic game of ring-around-the-rosies, trying to one-up your opponent's caps as you go around in a circle. I don't think I could explain it particularly well even if I was sober; it relies on your ability to read the battlefield and strike where your enemy is weakest.

• ROSING likes this

cassini08

cassini08

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

No no, you have explained it just fine, I understand clearly.

That is the approach I have witnessed to be the most successful, but i just never quite understood why.

It's allllll coming together now.

As most modes work, run around in circles and shoot at stuff!

Cheers much.  

GET IN THE DAMN BOX!

ROSING

ROSING

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

On circle maps there are no 2 points that are sufficiently distant enough to warrant focusing. What you want to do is play a dynamic game of ring-around-the-rosies, trying to one-up your opponent's caps as you go around in a circle. I don't think I could explain it particularly well even if I was sober; it relies on your ability to read the battlefield and strike where your enemy is weakest.

Literally ring around the rosie is how I describe it, for especially bunker Come to think of it, Bunker is the only map I know that's like that. Larger circle maps can accomodate the "hold 2" strategy.

But for bunker, in pub games, simply taking the point that the enemy just took works, speed is key here, and make sure your team moves together and avoids pointless fights.

However, if they disrupt your little circuit, the strategy is hit them where they aren't. Pick the node that has the lowest number of enemies and overpower it, taking it quickly. Then move on to the next one.

For larger maps or that have points arranged in a line, pick two adjacent points and try to hold them is usually best. Keep in mind that verticality is a key part of Hawken, so if there are points that are on higher ground they are by nature easier to defend. From there, just make sure your team doesn't try to be too aggressive or stretch yourselves too thin.

If you try to play MA as TDM, you'll fail. So not only do you have to be on your game, but your team does too. let em know if they aren't.

Blah I just like to talk.

• cassini08 likes this

VisionCloud

VisionCloud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

According to what I can tell in the config files, when you cap all three silos, all of them enter "fast fire mode" where they start firing faster. By default in the config file, you have to wait 0 seconds after capping all 3 before they enter fast fire mode, however that could be changed depending on the map or anything else the devs have done and there could be a delay between capping all 3 and them entering fast fire mode.

• cassini08 likes this

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

If yodu played TDM for your whole Hawken life, please, practice with a smurf account MA. I've seen so many players grouping up to 6 and wodnering why they lose with one silo ...

MA is way harder than TDM (pub matches only) because you simply can't stay at your team for the entire match, you have to fight somehow on your own. And right here, the majority fails, because they need a team in order to be good.

Edited by FakeName, 01 May 2015 - 12:39 AM.

• cassini08 likes this

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

cassini08

cassini08

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

More great info, thank you. 

I have been pondering some form of strategy around things that have been explained.

Executing said ideas in pub however, lol.

All the same, I have learned.  

GET IN THE DAMN BOX!

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

If you blow yourself up on a missile you get an achievement.

Yeah, that's my contribution.

• Meraple, n3onfx, LaurenEmily and 1 other like this

Spoiler

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Everyone here is wrong, trust, I play siege and I don't even need to get EU. But that's another story.

You just want to hide in a corner and wait for someone to walk by then you alpha them in the face.

Or everyone else is not wrong and are entirely correct and I have no real advice because I've only played MA once

cassini08

cassini08

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Lol, that guy......

I have tried the alpha thing, but not the missile suicide, brb! haha

• Rainbow_Sheep likes this

GET IN THE DAMN BOX!

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

On the subject of how many should capture a silo:

Spoiler

(TL,DW: 2.)

MA is all about time efficiency. When you have 2 or more silos, try to fight off the points so that the enemy must travel to the point if they kill you, thus buying you and your team more time to defend the point. When you have 1 or fewer silos, the opposite is true.

• Kopra, VisionCloud and cassini08 like this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

cassini08

cassini08

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Wow, thanks man, is the cap rate of say 5-6 mechs on site equal or greater than the 3 you have shown here?

But obviously the 2 per site seems to be the most economical, really informative vid, subbed.  

Edited by cassini08, 01 May 2015 - 01:11 PM.

GET IN THE DAMN BOX!

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

My advice:

Fight at silos.  If your team is fighting at any given silo, pick another.  Always, if you are the lone wolf, pick the silo the other team has just vacated or is lightly defending. 

Leave your team to capture, while you press the next silo.

I play very much an aggressive, kill the weakest, lone-wolf in pub MA.  Amid will attest how bad I suck in TPG MA, but I absolutely rule the field in pub MA.  Some of my highest-MMR alts are pure-MA.

• cassini08 likes this

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

n3onfx

n3onfx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Also mech roles play a part, depending on how the cover is some mechs are better at holding or slowing down opponents until your team comes and some mechs are good at constantly grabbing silos back once opponents leave them. The mech dynamic is different than in TDM.

Which is why MA is so fun, A classes are a bit more viable in MA because they can loop around and keep grabbing Silos alone, forcing the enemy team to split to not always be a silo down for example.

Since there are less "fighting points" on the map at a given time and that they are generally at the same areas, coupled with the fact that you don't really have deathballs in MA, means that burst mechs like Raider or Infil can get in good positions more easily. The same reason means A classes can get from fight to fight faster to assist the team.

Edited by n3onfx, 05 May 2015 - 12:59 AM.

• cassini08 likes this

t

t

DWEH3ZP.png   CRITICAL  RqKpxHn.png    ASSIST   VDNrFxD.png

t

t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users