- - - - - recalibrating

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

MaG00

MaG00

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

A class is a light class which dosnt carry heavy weapons. They carry the same ones as the heavys do. So if you think its ok, then do you realy think that an A class compaired to a heavy can carry the same amount of ammo? No A's are faster so they dont need the heavy weapons. In 6 months time everyone will only be using lights for that reason. It just dosnt make any scents to me. Hell all the A classes are taking the heavy classes over on the frount lines. Is soo un balanced.

I would suggest since they can move faster and dodge faster and get away they should be using a less damage weapon because they can hit a heavy twice as many times. it only evens it out.

• PoopSlinger likes this

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

A class is a light class which dosnt carry heavy weapons. They carry the same ones as the heavys do. So if you think its ok, then do you realy think that an A class compaired to a heavy can carry the same amount of ammo? No A's are faster so they dont need the heavy weapons. In 6 months time everyone will only be using lights for that reason. It just dosnt make any scents to me. Hell all the A classes are taking the heavy classes over on the frount lines. Is soo un balanced.

I would suggest since they can move faster and dodge faster and get away they should be using a less damage weapon because they can hit a heavy twice as many times. it only evens it out.

Have you tried to pilot some of the buggers?

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero
v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

I love my C class and it will continue crushing A classes underneath its heavy metal feet. 

C classes have way more health, thus allowing them to survive encounters easier than A classes.  Hit an A class twice with a secondary and it's gone, done, boom.  

Edited by Silverfire, 03 May 2015 - 11:29 AM.

• Odinous and Jelooboi like this

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

false.jpg

• PoopSlinger, Guns_N_Rozer, Merl61 and 6 others like this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts
I clicked on this hoping it was going to be a satirical take on people's complaints of OPness. You know, "A class is overpowered, when..." like a Jeff Foxworthy skit.

I was wrong.

So are you.

This is not a mech sim. There is no ammo. That line of logic is looking for a reason where none exists.

A-classes use the same weapons as everyone else because they need to be able to kill everything else. Furthermore, the current meta has been in place for longer than six months. Competitive Hawken runs a balanced mech comp, BY REQUIREMENT, because otherwise everyone would be using C-classes and the Assault. Because not matter how or how many dodges they get, A-classes are inherently nerfed by their own health.

They do not get twice as many shots on C-classes. They die in half as many.
  • Erzunterweltler, Interrobang87, comic_sans and 2 others like this

XPloyt

XPloyt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

It just dosnt make any scents to me.

Scratch it first.

• DerMax, Silverfire, Erzunterweltler and 5 others like this

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

^^Really an intelligent reply. Just the response a new, newer or not knowledgeable player that may not understand needs to read. Nice job, well done. :rolleyes: 

*+ 

• Grollourdo, Aregon and HorseHeadProphet like this

Just Relax....and take life one game at a time....

Don't run to your death....walk

th_Duckman.jpg   th_82c0a97c-98de-4aac-be47-05e5e099be80.

*+

Interrobang87

Interrobang87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Scratch it first.

I laughed really hard when I read this, thank you
  • Drrt4 likes this

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Airzerker, yes, the others, no. 
But he is only pointign out that the A-classes have the same weapons as C-classes. This was already mentioned a couple of  times before and while the majority hates him for that post, the same people like that the Reaper has a KE-Sabot instead of the real Sabot rifle.

Just sayin'.

• Odinous likes this

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

In 6 months time everyone will only be using lights for that reason....Hell all the A classes are taking the heavy classes over on the frount lines.

Thank you for your prediction.
I will plan to fully move to the rear by October.
  • Grollourdo and Nov8tr like this

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

HorseHeadProphet

HorseHeadProphet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

All it takes to kill an A class is aim.

• Odinous, Amidatelion and driedjello like this

The Hawken forum's a forum, but it's like the only one you get yelled at for using.

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

I think it is appropriate to repost this link.

• DerMax and HorseHeadProphet like this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

n3onfx

n3onfx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Oh boy this again?

t

t

DWEH3ZP.png   CRITICAL  RqKpxHn.png    ASSIST   VDNrFxD.png

t

t

Loglino

Loglino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

C-classes are strong in high MMR.

• Odinous, CrimsonKaim and driedjello like this

Mind the fact that pizza is my avatar.
Pizza is cool and you know it.

<3 HAWKEN

Sp3ctrr

Sp3ctrr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

I don't like how people think one mech is better than the other. It's simply impossible. Illogical. Unrealistical and not true. 

Obviously there are exceptions, e.g a tech can't out gun an assault (in most cases) but an assault can't shove a helix up a vanguard's ass and give it invulnerability. 

All it takes is good aim and some tactics to squash that corner poking little f*cker. 

A common misconception is that A classes are un-killable. 

• Grollourdo and Odinous like this

Welcome_To_The_Enclave.png

Spoiler

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Wait.  What in 6 months is going to change that hasn't already been around for the past year that's going to make A classes the only thing played?  I'm having trouble wrapping my head around that.  Were this the case, then A-Classes would already be the only thing used.  Quite the opposite is true especially the higher you go up in mmr.  Just so you know.  If you're having trouble with killing A-Classes, then I'm sorry, but they're pretty balanced.

Technician | Fear the Beam | Support
Welcome to the End of Days
KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

ThatDamnedBoedy

ThatDamnedBoedy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

I clicked on this hoping it was going to be a satirical take on people's complaints of OPness. You know, "A class is overpowered, when..." like a Jeff Foxworthy skit.

I was wrong.

So are you.

This is not a mech sim. There is no ammo. That line of logic is looking for a reason where none exists.

A-classes use the same weapons as everyone else because they need to be able to kill everything else. Furthermore, the current meta has been in place for longer than six months. Competitive Hawken runs a balanced mech comp, BY REQUIREMENT, because otherwise everyone would be using C-classes and the Assault. Because not matter how or how many dodges they get, A-classes are inherently nerfed by their own health.

They do not get twice as many shots on C-classes. They die in half as many.

Well sort of.  The Scout has a higher heat capacity than the Brawler (which makes no sense) and dodges a lot faster...has a smaller model making it harder to hit etc.  sure if you hit it with a pair of tow rockets it explodes but its so damned quick that that does not happen often.

The berserker gets 20% damage bonus and so gets more shots technically than a c class - the grenadier being the exception with its 10% damage boost.

A class health isn't a nerf now any more than it was when the scout had 454 points of armor (oh my I remember that).  Scouts used to be immortal.  Now if you focus on a scout 3->4v1 you kill it...maybe if it doesn't dodge everything and run away.

others aren't quite as abusable.  I can imagine an A class with hellfires. HAHAHAHA yeah oh some day a dev will be dumb enough to do it.

• Odinous likes this

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
I think a classes are balanced,
This is not like other games where small can only use light weapons and big can use heavy ones, this game doesn't balance that way. Instead of balancing with size and attacking power, we balance it with size (in a mobility point of view) and health+?
  • driedjello likes this

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Well sort of.  The Scout has a higher heat capacity than the Brawler (which makes no sense) and dodges a lot faster...has a smaller model making it harder to hit etc.  sure if you hit it with a pair of tow rockets it explodes but its so damned quick that that does not happen often.

The berserker gets 20% damage bonus and so gets more shots technically than a c class - the grenadier being the exception with its 10% damage boost.

A class health isn't a nerf now any more than it was when the scout had 454 points of armor (oh my I remember that).  Scouts used to be immortal.  Now if you focus on a scout 3->4v1 you kill it...maybe if it doesn't dodge everything and run away.

others aren't quite as abusable.  I can imagine an A class with hellfires. HAHAHAHA yeah oh some day a dev will be dumb enough to do it.

Lol aahhhh its coming its coming XD

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

TheFrostnessMonster

TheFrostnessMonster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Is soo un balanced.

Here we go again...

CRT master race... No questions allowed.

Period.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

All it takes to kill an A class is aim.

• Grollourdo and Odinous like this

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Thank you for your prediction.
I will plan to fully move to the rear by October.

Good idea Dustin. Tell ya what, when ya move, I'm gonna open a fast food restaurant so everyone will have some chow after a hard fight. OK?

Lively-scene-at-the-bar-t-G.jpg

• CraftyDus likes this

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

HorseHeadProphet

HorseHeadProphet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

I've definitely taken down full-health Incinerators and other C classes, alone, with a technician. Not frequently, but it's possible.

How?

I picked a good place to fight, with cover that I could exploit. I used my mobility to prevent them from hitting me. If they had hit me, I wouldn't have lasted more than a couple of seconds.

The Hawken forum's a forum, but it's like the only one you get yelled at for using.

Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

I have not been able to use this meme in a very very long time...

You know what I speak. A man with a face of weirdness...

Prepare yourself.

For the spam empire

HAS RETURNED!!!

Oh-Boy-here-we-go-again.jpg

Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

As you gonna climb the mmr tree,u will see that any decent pilot will crush an a class with it c.sooo much armor pool,u can even take a punch or two before u realise what is happening,and still knock your opponent down..

therockthatknows

therockthatknows

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I'm at 2100 MMR and can tell you, no, C-classes are not some autowin vs A-classes. Berserkers, infils and scouts get comparatively stronger the further you go up the MMR ladder. Some C-classes are pure garbage ever since the patch that ruined balance, eg. revGL grenadier.

Edited by therockthatknows, 06 May 2015 - 06:26 PM.

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

I'm at 2100 MMR and can tell you, no, C-classes are not some autowin vs A-classes. Berserkers, infils and scouts get comparatively stronger the further you go up the MMR ladder. Some C-classes are pure garbage ever since the patch that ruined balance, eg. revGL grenadier.

My experience has been completely different than yours. Stacking Cs is a sure sign of a team putting the try-hard pants on, especially in siege or line MA.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Take a team of full As vs. a team of Cs with similar skill level and you'd be laughing your ass off. This is a C dominate meta, but the turtle like speed turns me off and I know people share similar issues with them. In duels/DMs they are a rarity but with a team for support they are devastating.
  • Merl61, driedjello and Pelanthoris like this

driedjello

driedjello

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

I absolutely understand why you feel this way and I am venturing a guess that it is your perspective.  You are probably playing matches in the 1800 mmr range and seeing some a class domination from higher level pilots.  As you move up and out into the high tiers, you see a beautiful blend of mechs of each class type with a huge reduction in A class.  The problem with a class is they are difficult for newer pilots to counter.  Newer pilots are still learning movement and aim, the a class exploits this weakness to the max. 

I have made a ton of assumptions here, but that's how I see it.

My favorite thing is to meet a overly confident scout when I am piloting my grenadier.  I wish I could see the look on their faces when they get instagibed.  :sweat:

Edited by driedjello, 06 May 2015 - 07:39 PM.

dark.png

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

I absolutely understand why you feel this way and I am venturing a guess that it is your perspective. You are probably playing matches in the 1800 mmr range and seeing some a class domination from higher level pilots. As you move up and out into the high tiers, you see a beautiful blend of mechs of each class type with a huge reduction in A class. The problem with a class is they are difficult for newer pilots to counter. Newer pilots are still learning movement and aim, the a class exploits this weakness to the max.

I have made a ton of assumptions here, but that's how I see it.

My favorite thing is to meet a overly confident scout when I am piloting my grenadier. I wish I could see the look on their faces when they get instagibed. :sweat:

Oh you XD that is just one beautiful sight XD

yeah

Back on topic XD

I COMPLETELY agree with you

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

I'm at 2100 MMR and can tell you,

Some C-classes are pure garbage ever since the patch that ruined balance, eg. revGL grenadier.

tumblr_mom5id8l5o1ry46hlo1_400.gif

the patch that ruined balance? what exactly did it do to make the rev-gl grenadier "pure garbage"?

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

tumblr_mom5id8l5o1ry46hlo1_400.gif

the patch that ruined balance? what exactly did it do to make the rev-gl grenadier "pure garbage"?

Gang up time

What did you say to my green gren???

WHAG DID YOU SAY TO MAH PRECIOUS CODE NAME -BIG BANG- ???? XD lawl

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts
The current RevGL Grenadier is pure garbage? Don't think I got the memo
  • Merl61 likes this

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

0 user(s) are reading this topic