Photo

Anyone thought about doing a forum RP? (Just curious/would you be interested)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

CaliberMengsk

CaliberMengsk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Back in my highschool days, I used to do forum rp's. They were always quite interesting, and made for some amazing stories when people were serious about it. The first one I participated in lasted a few years, and by the end of it, was over 10,000 pages (15 posts per page) long, so they can be quite lasting in story.

Thing is, you have to have it all set up properly, and get people that really care about furthering the story rather then just being trying to screw up the story for everyone else. Would anyone even be interested in this? (For example, an rp that is based in the hawken universe. Strictly. So no magic, teleporting, etc. Limited by the story of hawken, based of the graphic novels and story text in the game and such.)

EDIT:
RP of course meaning role playing. You'd create your character, make other participants allies/enemies (if they accept that as the story), and play off of everyone that's participating to create an interesting story.

Edited by CaliberMengsk, 03 May 2015 - 11:35 AM.

• ropefish and RoughRide like this

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts
Sounds great, I would love to be involved in a RP like this

Spoiler

ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

i would be much interested in it, i have been starbound and forum RPING for a while so i have some good skills with it

*SCREECHING* 

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Pen and Paper Hawken style.

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

What a roleplayer.

I2DI

I2DI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Played Space Station 13 for quite a while. Creating stories from scratch solely from RP... Good times. Tho we would need someone to keep a log of the events which happened so it would easier to join mid-game.
P.S.: i am not really keen on the specific details of Hawken lore. Could be a problem.

Edited by TwoDots (I2DI), 03 May 2015 - 12:32 PM.

I simply cease to believe that something is OP just because it's OP.

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Ima post here later XD

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

CaliberMengsk

CaliberMengsk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Played Space Station 13 for quite a while. Creating stories from scratch solely from RP... Good times. Tho we would need someone to keep a log of the events which happened so it would easier to join mid-game.
P.S.: i am not really keen on the specific details of Hawken lore. Could be a problem.

If it were to be done, all of the lore that should be respected would be in the initial post, as well as a decent recollection of the story past, to catch people up on it, as you suggest. Reading a thousand pages may be enjoyable for some, but can't be expected of everyone. (if it got to that point that is)

I don't know that it'd really be "Pen and Paper" as much though, at least I've never done RP's that way. I guess the ones I've done are more just people taking turns at adding to the story. Overall, an effective GM (the original poster) or mods have control to say something won't pass as viable (like instantly killing someone or winning a battle in one post), as to not make the story boring or to not allow someone that ends up just not liking someone else to do permanent damage to the story. Never really did anything with stats and such.

Perhaps I'll write something up as far as the lore and rules, see if there's further interest. :P Perhaps if it were good enough, people could clean it up and make it full stories or comics or something. (yeah right :D would be cool though. :P Hawken anime anyone? :P)

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
We did this on the Ultrasaber forum. Was fun. Would like to flesh out Saturday more.

Any conflicts can be played out in game.

Started a thing.

https://community.pl...xe-and-mug-bar/

Edited by BaronSaturday, 03 May 2015 - 11:33 PM.

Technician | Fear the Beam | Support
Welcome to the End of Days
KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users