• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Titanus

Titanus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

how about a way to replenish used up items

so it could be done using time.  stay alive for 5 mins and get 1 random item back

deliver x amount of eu get 1 random item back

etc.  just an idea

sometimes im in the zone and can last a long while before dying and it would be nice to get an item back rather than just eating a bullet to replenish them

Teljaxx the Unintentional

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Items used to be on a cooldown instead of limited uses. Each size was how strong it was, not how many uses it had.

I never really liked the limited use items, because it feels like it punishes you for staying alive long enough to use them all up. You may as well just throw all your items out first chance you get, die, and get them all back.

So yes, some way to replenish items, or giving them a cooldown again would be great.

• Tankman95, Meraple, LaurenEmily and 1 other like this

Me are always recall near what beauty I quench thy water at dost hast jest if clubly pink codpiece shall torment yon melancholy questioned bare peach to see whatsoever hitherto delicate purple sausage mans.

BlueOrb.gif

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Tho the replenishing should have a little long interval time before replenishing....

I don't think we should be dependent of items and all but a Lil replenish sometimes could be nice...

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

DonCornelius

DonCornelius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

the way it is now gives an advantage to the less skilled pilots, those who die often. i think its a good thing that players who can survive longest have the disadvantage of having no items to use. if you have the skills to go on a long killstreak then you have the skills to continue to fight with depleted inventory. 

dying to get a reload on items, does anyone really do that? i wouldnt.

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Items used to be on a cooldown instead of limited uses. Each size was how strong it was, not how many uses it had.

I never really liked the limited use items, because it feels like it punishes you for staying alive long enough to use them all up. You may as well just throw all your items out first chance you get, die, and get them all back.

So yes, some way to replenish items, or giving them a cooldown again would be great.

Yes yes and yes. :D

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

I'd like to test an EU drop on kills that can resplenish items.

• Pelanthoris likes this

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

the way it is now gives an advantage to the less skilled pilots, those who die often. i think its a good thing that players who can survive longest have the disadvantage of having no items to use. if you have the skills to go on a long killstreak then you have the skills to continue to fight with depleted inventory. 

dying to get a reload on items, does anyone really do that? i wouldnt.

I never die on purpose just to get my items back. But when I die after using up all my items, it is always a relief to know that I will have all of them back again.

And sure, if you are good enough you can still fight just fine without your items. But what about that one situation where having just one more detonator would have saved you, but you were out? Or what about going up against someone with even skill, but they have a fresh mech, while you have no items? You are at a disadvantage because you managed to live for too long.

It shouldn't be a good thing to die, and a bad thing to live for a long time. Limited items adds a reward to dying, and punishes you for living too long, which kind of goes against the whole point of the game, doesn't it?

Me are always recall near what beauty I quench thy water at dost hast jest if clubly pink codpiece shall torment yon melancholy questioned bare peach to see whatsoever hitherto delicate purple sausage mans.

BlueOrb.gif

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

I would like to see a very slow item regeneration mechanic (maybe +1 random item charge per 60 to 120 sec), cannot exceed max capacity) on top of the current system, and implemented as an item slot, like the item cooldown decrease.

This way, the existing system allows players to keep the mechanic of quick-charging items as long as the player has charges, but those players who stay alive for very long are effectively punished so brutally.

Thank you for your time,

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Ima be passive for this one XD I have mixed feelings

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

Pelanthoris

Pelanthoris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

I'd like to test an EU drop on kills that can resplenish items.

I kind of like this.

Few possibilities I came up with:

• Keep the current mechanic but change it to "max items" instead of "items at start". Slow regeneration of items.
  • Change the mechanic so that you have one item, but item size determines item regeneration speed.

Anyway, the short item cooldowns should stay. I don't ever want to get alpha striked with tow, detonator, grenade and emp at the same time.

"The vectors... The vectors are all wrong!" -Bum

PepeKenobi

PepeKenobi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

maybe for mk-II and mk-III versions one new item to regenerate 1 use although forcing you to not use items for a decent and balanced period of time.

Anyway, I find faster and easier to get K.I.A as the way of having your items fully equipped back in your mech. :teehee:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users