Photo

What makes you happy about where you live?

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

I like going places and doing things and seeing people. I also like the people on these forums, and I think it'd be neat to share some of the things that make us tick, some of the things that we're around all the time and makes us feel kind of... I don't know, whatever emotion you prefer.

Anyway, I live in a region of NY (United States) called The Hudson Valley Region. Without being tremendously exotic, it is a stunningly beautiful place to live.

I climb a mountain there every day I can - often three times a week or more, sometimes two or three times a day, and it's sure as hell something I like to share with the people I like.

(Images are rather... large. Sorry.)

It's near a town called Cold Spring, which is a pretty neat place. Hella expensive though.

Spoiler

This is the view coming up to it. It's not all quite that steep, but a good portion is.

Spoiler

On your way up, you get some pretty neat views. There are a few trails up. I abhor them all and generally choose to scale the face.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Once you hit the first peak (out of four on the first mountain), as seen from above here, the gradient is a little lighter, and you start to travel away from the Hudson.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

After scaling the initial mountain, who's peak can be seen here, I like to continue down the mountain range.

Spoiler

About 200 feet from the top, there's this single rock that I'm in love with. It's about ten or fifteen feet high and has five or six methods of ascent, each requiring a different climbing skill. After taking a victim friend up this high, I often make them do this each way so that the next time we go I can be a little more confident bringing them up a challenging route.

Spoiler

Depending on your rate of ascent, somewhere between forty five minutes and three hours after exiting your car, this will be your view.

Spoiler

Spoiler

There is actually a marked peak here. And a snake.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Anyway, that's the sort of thing that makes me happy about where I live. Tell me things.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 11 May 2015 - 05:08 AM.

• Silverfire, Houruck, Elite_is_salty and 6 others like this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Loglino

Loglino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

I love looking up every morning and seeing marching Uruk-hai, dense clouds, and the great tower which is our point of worship.

Fotr6.jpg

Edited by Loglino, 05 May 2015 - 06:49 PM.

• Houruck, Miscellaneous, CrimsonKaim and 4 others like this

Mind the fact that pizza is my avatar.
Pizza is cool and you know it.

<3 HAWKEN

americanbrit14

americanbrit14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

I don't got no pics, but what makes me happy about were i live is the completely unpredictable and absurd weather and temps we get here in UT (United States)

if its a storm, it either is sky blackening clouds and rain as hard as steel that lasts 5 min, or a tiny drizzle that lasts a day and a half

VfuS0qE.png?1

contracted by 

??

INDUSTRY

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Nothing. In September I am either moving into the city proper or into the country.

Suburbia can suck my left testicle.

• PoopSlinger, ticklemyiguana and OdinTheWise like this

Badtings

Badtings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

I live in a small village know as Woodland Hills, it's in an area often referred to as, 'the valley'  which is in California. 

It's often sunny, dry and hot. I live twenty minutes from the Ocean, and about forty minutes from the mountains. We also have lizards, which sometimes get into our mailbox. 

Don't move here, you'll hate it (lie).   

8CyRDl7.gifGYM1W9I.png

PsychedelicGrass

PsychedelicGrass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

I live downtown in a city. It smells bad and isn't particularly interesting.

• ticklemyiguana likes this

What's the big fuzzy bunnyng deal? Lots of amazing people have committed suicide, and they turned out alright.

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

I live downtown in a city. It smells bad and isn't particularly interesting.

Haha. Sorry to hear that, though I'm sure there's good stuff around somewhere.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

I used to live in one of the starkest, most beautiful places in the world: Arizona.  it didn't have the unrelieved browness of either New Mexico/Eastern Colorado, nor the different browness of the Mojave (which is Native American for 'Ugly Brown Land').  It had virga, monsoons, mountains (big ones and little ones), desert, Saguaro & cholla, lots of lizards and snakes and tarantulas (and eagles and trout and...). It had snow, and it had climate.

It didn't have Californians.

It did have it's share of Utahns. Provoites, who wandered south, if you follow.

Now, I live just north of Dallas.  Nothing to recommend it - it's flat (no mountains).  Instead of Utahns, we have Jehovah's Witnesses. It is somewhat greener, but I think there are more Californians here.

• comic_sans, OdinTheWise and PsychedelicGrass like this

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Vilyria

Vilyria

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Iguana your place looks absolutely fantastic! What dreamy place to go wonder around! * w * 

I would prob get lost in there and never come back! :D

I wish I could share something as epic about this place of mine but I can just show you like....

100 pictures of lakes. :D

• Houruck, ticklemyiguana and LaurenEmily like this

????????????!

Saturnine

Saturnine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

I don't got no pics, but what makes me happy about were i live is the completely unpredictable and absurd weather and temps we get here in UT (United States)

if its a storm, it either is sky blackening clouds and rain as hard as steel that lasts 5 min, or a tiny drizzle that lasts a day and a half

I can tell you haven't been to the southern bits since you mentioned the weather instead all of the canyons and national parks and arches and stuff.

Spoiler

• crockrocket and ticklemyiguana like this

3PGQhH7.gif

digitalhughes: @s9 you stinkn' weasel!

Don't know which mech to pilot? Check out my guide to the mechs!

Want to hang out with some awesome people, even the world-famous Loc_Tr? Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
I am on my mobile so no pictures for now but...

Awesome people around here.
Lately we have been drifting cars on some private area (gosh the field was raped xd) wuen suddenly another car appeared. We had to hide because our car wasn't legal to drive (didn't met savety requiernments). But later we just continued even though the other people were watching.

The next day, we visited my friend's sport club. He is racing motocross races and it's so damn awesome to watch him jump 20m tables and doubles. 20m! Yo! Pure adrenaline, that's crazy.

I myself go skydiving (currently diving the license) and yohoooo, there is nothing better than fallingnto the ground with 180 km/h. And in the end, ofcourse the smooth landing with the canopy.
At this point I wanna say: Clouds taste weird. When you fly through them and breathe through your mouth, you get a funny taste.

I would write for ages if I want to mention everything so I just end right here.

Oh, location: Germany! ;D

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

I don't have to put up with its fuzzy kangaroo much longer.

Moving next week...

Edited by 6ixxer, 05 May 2015 - 09:41 PM.

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

I am on my mobile so no pictures for now but...

Awesome people around here.
Lately we have been drifting cars on some private area (gosh the field was raped xd) wuen suddenly another car appeared. We had to hide because our car wasn't legal to drive (didn't met savety requiernments). But later we just continued even though the other people were watching.

The next day, we visited my friend's sport club. He is racing motocross races and it's so damn awesome to watch him jump 20m tables and doubles. 20m! Yo! Pure adrenaline, that's crazy.

I myself go skydiving (currently diving the license) and yohoooo, there is nothing better than fallingnto the ground with 180 km/h. And in the end, ofcourse the smooth landing with the canopy.
At this point I wanna say: Clouds taste weird. When you fly through them and breathe through your mouth, you get a funny taste.

I would write for ages if I want to mention everything so I just end right here.

Oh, location: Germany! ;D

Ahhhhh I used to race cars. Had a heavily modified mustang GT putting out a solid 450 hp and a BMW Z3 M coupe. fuzzy bunnyers were gorgeous. Both topped out around 165 MPH.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Ahhhhh I used to race cars. Had a heavily modified mustang GT putting out a solid 450 hp and a BMW Z3 M coupe. fuzzy bunnyers were gorgeous. Both topped out around 165 MPH.

Yo that's amazing! I need to send you this video with the 845 horses mustang drifting (wild in the streets) unless you already know it haha.
Do you have any picture of these cars?

Edited by FakeName, 06 May 2015 - 05:09 AM.

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Unfortunately not. The mustang... it crashed. 25 mph into the back of a Fedex van that was backing up on a highway entrance while I was talking with my girlfriend at the time. Great way to go. It was a convertible, so more of a daily driver, but it was silver with black racing stripes and a red leather interior. Kept the dash glowing neon purple. Fantastic vehicle.

The BMW was sold, and unfortunately most of my pictures I keep on my desktop, which I failed to transfer over the last time I reinstalled my OS. I suck.

But it's S9's fault.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 05 May 2015 - 10:20 PM.

• Saturnine, CrimsonKaim and OdinTheWise like this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

What makes me happy about the backward Russian city I live in? That it's possible to move out and that sooner or later I will do it.

Houruck

Houruck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
I am not really into nature, but I am glad there is nothing dangerous around here.
No earthquakes, not hurricanes, no volcanoes not even dangerous wildlife (we killed them all, that is the sad part of it).

I love to live in the capital. Everything is a stone's throw from my flat and there is always something happening.
I started taking long walks instead of riding the public transport. I admire the architecturally noteworthy buildings in a wide range of styles and from distinct time periods.

Ancient Roman
Spoiler

Medieval
Spoiler

Gothic and Neo-Gothic
Spoiler

Renaissance
Spoiler

Ottoman
Spoiler

Baroque and Neo-Baroque
Spoiler

Classical and Neo-Classical
Spoiler

Art Nouveau
Spoiler

Addendum:

This is where I live
Spoiler

And this is where I work
Spoiler

Edited by Houruck, 06 May 2015 - 12:12 AM.

• PoopSlinger, crockrocket, Aregon and 5 others like this

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

predators gonna predate

Sp3ctrr

Sp3ctrr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

I don't believe there is anything that could make me happy in the north of England.

Who even invented this place.

I think I just saw a kilt fly past my window.

• Houruck, ticklemyiguana, Nov8tr and 1 other like this

Welcome_To_The_Enclave.png

Spoiler

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

I'm from Finland and i love my country. I love all of our four seasons and the winter that lasts half of the year. (only slightly sarcastic tone on that last part)

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

I'm not happy about where I live. The only good thing about the culture here is that the bonds between people is much much stronger then anywhere. The ONLY good thing.

• comic_sans likes this

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

Sp3ctrr

Sp3ctrr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

You make some killer dried tomatoes, Elite.

Send me some plz

• Elite_is_salty likes this

Welcome_To_The_Enclave.png

Spoiler

Pelanthoris

Pelanthoris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

I'm from Finland and i love my country. I love all of our four seasons and the winter that lasts half of the year. (only slightly sarcastic tone on that last part)

Same, although I really prefer good old -25°C over ~0°C + slosh/water everywhere.

Despite our summer being quite short (less than 3 months), I love our ~23h days during it. And lakes, lakes are good.

• LaurenEmily likes this

"The vectors... The vectors are all wrong!" -Bum

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

What's good about Australia...

Well, we've got the 7 of the most poisonous animals in the world. And everything tries to kill you. And we have a cool accent...I think. x)

As for location-wise, well, I've got this:

Spoiler

And that's basically it.

Unless you count this:

Spoiler

Quite a juxtaposition there. XD But my place is closer to the top one.

• Houruck and ticklemyiguana like this

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

It's funny you ask that question. A friend of mine ask me something similar. Hmm. For those who have looked at my profile page know about my medical problems and where I live. I live in Indianapolis Indiana. I live at the very edge of town. Nice here. I live in a one room apartment. They call them studio apartments, no bedroom, just one room. Well and a bathroom.  :D I'm happy here. I am very thankful for everything I have. I've learned to be. Yeah I got a lot of medical problems. I also have two hands that work. I two legs I can walk with. I have friends who don't. I have food to eat. There are children tonight who will go to bed hungry and that's not right. I have a roof over my head. There are families who are sleeping in a alley, under bridge or in a shelter. I have two TV's and a computers. I know some kids who would kill to have my system. My car is 18 yrs old. Not very good but it runs. It gets me from point A to B and back. That is more than many have. I have already outlived what the time doctors gave me to live. So yeah. I'm VERY happy where I am. I'm very happy to be alive. :D

I thought I should add some of the nice stuff we have here as well. Don't want to sound all gloom and doom. :D

Indianapolis 500 Race and Brickyard Race (Indianapolis Motor Speedway)

Spoiler

Lucas Oil Raceway Park (drag racing)

Spoiler

The Indiana State Museum of Art

Spoiler

The Children's Museum

Spoiler

Geist Reservoir (this is a big lake with ungodly expensive homes around it)

Spoiler

Lucas Oil Stadium (all kinds of sports and concerts)

Spoiler

Eagle Creek Park & Nature Reserve

Spoiler

Another picture in the Eagle Creek Park

Spoiler

White River State Park (downtown Indy, much bigger than photo. area for concerts buggy rides. all kinds of stuff)

Spoiler

Indianapolis Zoo (a huge world class zoo, even has whales!)

Spoiler

These are just either inside Indianapolis or at its edge. We have tons of more things in the State of course. :D

Hope you enjoyed it. I have.

Edited by Nov8tr, 06 May 2015 - 04:53 PM.

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

-snip-

Oh man, that is very unfortunate.

But as said, here the video:

Houruck

Houruck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Pst, that's a bell tower. O_o The purple thingie.

Pretty cool! That looks like a mad scientist's doomsday device. :)

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

predators gonna predate

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

I live near the Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire, our biggest lake in what is called "the lakes region" halfway between our White Mountains and our ocean seacoast (both of which are 30 minutes away).

You can almost see my house from here

Spoiler

in the winter when the lake freezes we have an airport, it's fun to watch the airplanes and the hoopla around the city of bobhouses that pop up around the ice fishing season

Spoiler

Spoiler

I like the fishing.

Spoiler

Spoiler

and now my son likes the fishing

Spoiler

I like a drive around the lake in my topless s'naab

Spoiler

or on my beemer k'bike

Spoiler

My winter ride is this Hondawantstobeatruck

Spoiler

• comic_sans, ticklemyiguana, LaurenEmily and 1 other like this

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Houruck, I'm jealous.  SO much history.  

Western Wiscsonsin

It has nice rolling hills with very well kept roads for agriculture with no traffic.  They are the absolute best for road biking with a good mix of corn fields and forests.  Its really great looking out over corn rows once they tassle.

Its very cold in the winter and my city maintains 5 outdoor ice rinks with 3 hockey specific ones.

We leave the keys in our car all year long and it hasn't been stolen.

Mild summers are really nice.  I really dislike the heat.

Great groups of people to play soccer nd hockey with.

• ticklemyiguana and Nov8tr like this

khn3gAi.jpg?1CitkI9t.jpgGkp2fB7.jpg

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

in the winter when the lake freezes we have an airport, it's fun to watch the airplanes and the hoopla around the city of bobhouses that pop up around the ice fishing season

You guys call ice shacks bobhouses?

khn3gAi.jpg?1CitkI9t.jpgGkp2fB7.jpg

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Same, although I really prefer good old -25°C over ~0°C + slosh/water everywhere.

Despite our summer being quite short (less than 3 months), I love our ~23h days during it. And lakes, lakes are good.

How do you people even survive? I am so glad that we have PLUS 25°C here right now. Everything is green and colourful, flowers are bright, the lakes get warm and stuff. 

Winter here in Germany is ... well ... not rarely xmas without snow and even if snow falls, it is more like a brown, cold pile of mud-like, wet and disgusting hill next to the streets. It is grey, not white ... atleast in a big city.

But 23h of daylight? That's nice. I'd like to experience that one day. But tell me ... how many hours of night do you have in summer/winter?

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

You guys call ice shacks bobhouses?

Ya, bobhouses. It's fun in the spring to see how long some wait before they retrieve their bobhouses from the certain doom that is "iceout".

Our community has contests on what day is official iceout; when the Mount Washington can make all her ports of call.

It's the official end of winter day in New Hampshire.

Winnipesake is an Abenaki (Abenaki,"people of the dawn" natives of the coastal northeast) for "Smile of The Great Spirit", a fantastic name for the big lake.

Same language family we get our words for skunk, racoon, chipmunk, woodchuck and caribou and a TON of location placenames around here.

I like fishing in the smile of the great spirit.

Edited by Dustin, 06 May 2015 - 07:10 AM.

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Oh man, that is very unfortunate.

But as said, here the video

Hoooly fuzzy bunny that is an insane ride.

I'm not happy about where I live. The only good thing about the culture here is that the bonds between people is much much stronger then anywhere. The ONLY good thing.

Someone once told me you had macaroni and cheese.
  • crockrocket and CrimsonKaim like this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

I live in the Netherlands, Hilversum, infront of this building:

bMniK9u.jpg

Officially known as "Beeld en Geluid", or more informally as "het media gebouw".

They roughly translate to "Image and Sound" and "the media building" respectively.

Lots of people visit it daily, and events aren't too rare of an occurence either.

Speaking of events, someone got shot there out in the open when I was younger.

He obviously died.

More happy events however, include things like marathons/city-runs, school-trips, and sometimes a little parade of sorts.

Best thing about that big ugly building is that it usually blocks the sun from my eyes when I'm using my PC.

I hate every other single aspect of it.

EDIT: Apparently certain people find the building inspiring..  :wallbash:

Edited by (KDR) Meraple, 06 May 2015 - 07:30 AM.

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

How do you people even survive? I am so glad that we have PLUS 25°C here right now. Everything is green and colourful, flowers are bright, the lakes get warm and stuff. 

Winter here in Germany is ... well ... not rarely xmas without snow and even if snow falls, it is more like a brown, cold pile of mud-like, wet and disgusting hill next to the streets. It is grey, not white ... atleast in a big city.

But 23h of daylight? That's nice. I'd like to experience that one day. But tell me ... how many hours of night do you have in summer/winter?

We have this time of the year called 'Kaamos' and during it the sun never even rises above the horizon. It's takes place in winter and it lasts around 50 days i think. So basically a lot of darkness hours. There's even a common mass-depression related to this phenomenon.

That is of course contrasted in the summertime when during a small proportion of the year the sun never sets completely.

• CrimsonKaim and CraftyDus like this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

Pelanthoris

Pelanthoris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

The weather in winter isn't very straightforward. First, even during kaamos, if there's snow it aplifies even the tiny bits of light, because, well... it's white. If there's no snow during kaamos... that's horrible. Pitch black. Fuzzy bunny climate change.
Also if temperature is well below freezing, air is very dry and therefore it's heat capasity is low and it doesn't feel so cold. Weird, right? In my opinion places like UK are much worse. Wind with cold, humid air. Kills me instantly.

Spoiler

Edited by Pelanthoris, 06 May 2015 - 08:10 AM.

"The vectors... The vectors are all wrong!" -Bum

americanbrit14

americanbrit14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

I can tell you haven't been to the southern bits since you mentioned the weather instead all of the canyons and national parks and arches and stuff.

Spoiler

i had very little time to type that one out, but yeah your right you do have the arches and all of the valleys and canyons.

Also you have the great salt lake which, if you go at the right time of day, looks almost like a giant 5 mile long mirror pool

VfuS0qE.png?1

contracted by 

??

INDUSTRY

schwanzlurch

schwanzlurch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

wow, you all posted some very flavoured impressions !

with some thinking and thorough work i should be able to pull off something similar...

...ya, time isn't on my side...not gonna do that...so, cliché it is:

jUHxPwo.gif

• CrimsonKaim likes this

BkIvUun.gif

~  schwanzlurch est UrODelA is the SalamandeR ist der  ~

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

We have this time of the year called 'Kaamos' and during it the sun never even rises above the horizon. It's takes place in winter and it lasts around 50 days i think. So basically a lot of darkness hours. There's even a common mass-depression related to this phenomenon.

That is of course contrasted in the summertime when during a small proportion of the year the sun never sets completely.

The weather in winter isn't very straightforward. First, even during kaamos, if there's snow it aplifies even the tiny bits of light, because, well... it's white. If there's no snow during kaamos... that's horrible. Pitch black. Fuzzy bunny climate change.
Also if temperature is well below freezing, air is very dry and therefore it's heat capasity is low and it doesn't feel so cold. Weird, right? In my opinion places like UK are much worse. Wind with cold, humid air. Kills me instantly.

Oh you northern Finns.  :teehee: 

Picture of a southern town in Finland, Turku, in the summertime.

turku7_zps1044a400.jpg

• LaurenEmily and CraftyDus like this

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Oh you northern Finns.  :teehee: 
Picture of a southern town in Finland, Turku, in the summertime.

turku7_zps1044a400.jpg

Now is that day or night?
  • LaurenEmily and CraftyDus like this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users