- - - - - Bug audio

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

SGTxSTAYxGRIND

SGTxSTAYxGRIND

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

as soon as i installed the game and commenced to play i heard a blip of sound and then nothing. So i plugged my headset in and i got sound until i hit the login screen halp? plez?

opicr0n

opicr0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Are you using steam arguments to skip video? That used to mess up my sound before.

*after reading again i think you are not skipping.. no idea then :(

Edited by opicr0n, 10 May 2015 - 11:03 AM.

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

Maxunarul

Maxunarul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

I faced the same problem (loss of sound) try this to see if it works in your case, but do it without launching the game

Reinstall "UE3Redist" you find on: Steam / steamapps / cmmon / Hawken / Binaries / redist

Edited by Maxunarul, 10 May 2015 - 12:07 PM.

6_1.jpg

Derpy Hooves

Derpy Hooves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Hawken much like all Unreal Engine 3 games, doesn't like it when the audio output source is changed after the application is opened. If your headset is of the USB type unplugging it can cause this problem, if it is a USB headset staph unplugging it and leave it alone.

• MechFighter5e3bf9 and The_Silencer like this

tTIViUr.png

hendman

hendman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

After you start Hawken, check the Windows Sound Manager and make sure the Hawken entry is not muted.

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

i suggest making steam/hawken have max permissions or run as admin to keep it from losing control of the audio device to another program thats trying to use it exclusively (mabey make sure that box is unchecked in playback device settings)also some voip alwase have this issue with me where they fight over control try disabling any app that touches  the audio

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bug, audio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users