• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

My university recently decided to cut funding for our Solar Car Team, a club that provides hands on engineering experience and competes internationally. The team has given me the opportunity to travel to Texas and Abu Dhabi, in addition to everything that I have learned from being a part of the team. I and many other team members have received internship offers solely based on my participation in the team. The founders of the team landed jobs at Tesla and Sunpower after graduating.

We have started a petition to the university, if you can sign that it would be immensely appreciated. 

Here are a couple more articles about the team, for anyone interested. 

http://oregonstate.e...-sun-grand-prix

and https://adminlb.imod...36891435951.pdf

Bonus:

Spoiler

Edited by crockrocket, 16 May 2015 - 04:21 PM.

• Elite_is_salty, Miscellaneous, Tankman95 and 8 others like this

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Of course I will, you sly devil.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Maxunarul

Maxunarul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
And put my signature, I hope everything goes well, we need clean energy

luck

6_1.jpg

I2DI

I2DI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

I didn't even know that i can support you from my country. Apparently i was wrong. So i did sing this thing and wish you good luck in your future.

P.S.: next time make the picture more sexy. Might prove effective.

Edited by TwoDots (I2DI), 17 May 2015 - 03:52 AM.

• crockrocket likes this

I simply cease to believe that something is OP just because it's OP.

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts
Done

Spoiler

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

And put my signature, I hope everything goes well, we need clean energy

luck

The sun is no "clean" source of energy!
It pollutes our environment with extreme amounts of radiation and causes cancers for millions of people.
From what I can understand it will eventually explode taking the entire earth with it.
While we exploit this dangerous resource we endanger the world for our future children several million years from now. It's totally irresponsible.
  • crockrocket and wolfrock like this

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Wait, why exactly do they want to cut funding for it? Looks like the team has done incredibly well.

Damn right I signed that.

Edited by Hyginos, 17 May 2015 - 07:28 AM.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

wolfrock

wolfrock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
Good luck, pilot. Solar Car is and should be a big deal in engineering school. Time to look for corporate partners and drum up press exposure as well. What have your team founders done to help out? They should have some good connections.
  • crockrocket, Meraple and CraftyDus like this
G2R is viable.

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

Seriously though,

Between the large hydrochloric acid spills and the problems with the dumping of HIGHLY TOXIC silicon tetrachloride the manufacture of solar panels has legitimate concerns regarding environmental protection

Not to mention the moral culpability of funding travel to countries creating a civilization on the backs of millions of slaves

Collegiate Solar Car teams are clearly a menace and my conscience is troubled having signed your petition to perpetrate such evil in the world.

• crockrocket and I2DI like this

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

lwY3QRd.jpg

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

My university recently decided to cut funding for our Solar Car Team, a club that provides hands on engineering experience and competes internationally. The team has given me the opportunity to travel to Texas and Abu Dhabi, in addition to everything that I have learned from being a part of the team. I and many other team members have received internship offers solely based on my participation in the team. The founders of the team landed jobs at Tesla and Sunpower after graduating.

We have started a petition to the university, if you can sign that it would be immensely appreciated. 

Here are a couple more articles about the team, for anyone interested. 

http://oregonstate.e...-sun-grand-prix

and https://adminlb.imod...36891435951.pdf

Bonus:

Spoiler

You got an after photo? Did it take a lot out of you?

lwY3QRd.jpg

Maxunarul

Maxunarul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Seriously though,

Between the large hydrochloric acid spills and the problems with the dumping of HIGHLY TOXIC silicon tetrachloride the manufacture of solar panels has legitimate concerns regarding environmental protection

Not to mention the moral culpability of funding travel to countries creating a civilization on the backs of millions of slaves

Collegiate Solar Car teams are clearly a menace and my conscience is troubled having signed your petition to perpetrate such evil in the world.

Then do not use laptops, phones, internet services whose AP using backup power, particualres or public transport Vehicles, remote control, etc etc etc.

All these devices use batteries to store energy and then use it for different types of tasks.

Solar gadgets appeal to get energy from the sun which compared with the fuel does not generate CO2 as if they do fossil fuels.

Currently they have even developed energy travez of bacteria and if they continue advancing solar panels will be a variety rather than the only way to get it

Edited by Maxunarul, 17 May 2015 - 09:56 AM.

6_1.jpg

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

You got an after photo? Did it take a lot out of you?

I looked and couldn't find one. But with no AC and over 100 degrees out I was pretty pooped when I crossed the finish line (I also had no idea we had won at the time, there was only a two lap difference between 1st and 3rd).

Seriously though, thanks to everyone for being supportive. We've definitely let our corporate sponsors know what's happening so that they can get on the university's case about it. 

• wolfrock and CraftyDus like this

JgQjgkx.png

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Bump, because we're presenting this petition to the University tomorrow. 

JgQjgkx.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users