ZombieBiscuit

ZombieBiscuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Topic for the current talks that have been going on in a way to support Hawken:

Servers Rentals:

A large number of people wish for private servers as well as clans and the cooperation between those two things. A server rental would provide those private servers but offset the cost for such a thing to bring in a monthly revenue stream from those paying for the servers.

Premium:

Removing/changing the XP and HC boosts into a premium service. A premium service would get a revenue from those that buy boosts as well as a larger amount of players that don't directly but the temp boosts. Premium would include XP boost, HC boost, and some other incentive. Say a skin or minor amount of Credits per month. This, as the private servers, would bring in a monthly revenue from players.

Cosmetics/Skins:

Simply new costmetics that are purchasable.

New Mechs:

Releasing new mechs with a timed lock. For a week or two the mech can be purchasable with only cash. After that time is up the mech can then be bought with either cash or HC. Allows a burst of revenue based on mech launches without locking free players out of gameplay content.

Single Player:

A lot of people have suggested a single player DLC akin to how Hearthstone does 'wings'. This would include a small story/campaign for say 5-10$ with a mech reward or some other incentive. at the end. Co-op was also brought up.

Edited by Z?mbieBiscuit, 22 March 2015 - 03:57 PM.

• LRod likes this

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
Maybe create some mechs that actually follow the core game mechanics and doesn't play too much with them? Like a bulletsponge mech or a Gatling mech with 2 gatlings.

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero
v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

ZombieBiscuit

ZombieBiscuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Maybe create some mechs that actually follow the core game mechanics and doesn't play too much with them? Like a bulletsponge mech or a Gatling mech with 2 gatlings.

G2 Assault.

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

G2 Assault.

That doesn't suck. I should remember adding that.

But seriously, the G2 Assault is as useless as a mech can be. Vulcans are nice, yes, if done right. Which on the G2, are not.

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero
v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Server rentals: I don't see this being profitable without a large markup - the population just isn't there to do it for a lower one. I don't hate the idea, and really I'd pay almost anything for a private server, but whether or not Reloaded will make enough money is another question entirely.

Premium: Apparently works for other games, but I have 0 experience with it so I can't comment.

Cosmetic/skins: Let me tell you two things:

1. Yes.
  2. HELL yes.

Timed lock: Love the idea, League does something similar. A chance to wreck face with a (for example) G2-Raider a week before others? HELLLLL Yes.

Single Player: Eventually, sure I'd love to see this. But again, the issue of revenue for Reloaded vs. the resources they put in strikes me as questionable at this point. I suppose a quick way of doing it would be releasing new Bot-TDM scenarios, but those'd have to go pretty cheap for people to think them worthwhile.

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Releasing mechs without the ability to purchase them with mc for any amount of time is not healthy. I know they want to make money, but pay exclusives must remain cosmetic only. 

• OdinTheWise likes this

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

SigmaOmega

SigmaOmega

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Releasing mechs without the ability to purchase them with mc for any amount of time is not healthy. I know they want to make money, but pay exclusives must remain cosmetic only. 

I have to agree as well. If they premium mechs, they should have a rental cycle where you use it for 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 1 month or purchase. I have seen it be used with weapons in other games. It could apply here.

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

I have to agree as well. If they premium mechs, they should have a rental cycle where you use it for 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 1 month or purchase. I have seen it be used with weapons in other games. It could apply here.

Oh please no, not 'premium' mechs.

Power obtainable only with real money is the very definition of pay to win, regardless if the mechs/tanks/planes/weapons are not that good.

That's something to avoid like the black plague, we already have too many people who believe Hawken is P2W.

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts
Tickle has idea.

This isn't direct revenue, but it may assist in the population department, and therefore indirectly increase the revenue stream. What if certain exclusive camos or icons in game were created and made available to people who recruited friends and resulted in five or more hours of playtime by that friend.

In order to control for the obvious "hey I'll just make another account and play it for a little while," the IP address must be different. Sure, a couple people might squeak by by switching their IP address manually, but I think its a small price to pay for a quantifiable word of mouth advertising system.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 22 March 2015 - 05:52 PM.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users