13 replies to this topic

HorseHeadProphet

HorseHeadProphet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

so be it. Redacted.

Edited by HorseHeadProphet, 25 May 2015 - 11:48 AM.

• Xer06siX likes this

The Hawken forum's a forum, but it's like the only one you get yelled at for using.

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

So how much did you lose mining?

• DerMax, Guns_N_Rozer, DreamedArtist and 2 others like this

d1eZeG3.png

Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Edited by Xer06siX, 26 May 2015 - 10:33 PM.

Just here.                            

g44azur1mvxs41m4g.jpg

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Seriously though, if you've been running those continuously since the BTC bubble, you should probably be telling buyers how much the cards have been abused. 

• DreamedArtist likes this

d1eZeG3.png

DreamedArtist

DreamedArtist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

So these where used for bitcoin mining eh?... I would watch out selling these things even I wont touch them for $80 even it it was a 290.I myself did bitcoing mining for 2 years with 4X 7970's and the lifespan was pretty much fuzzy bunnyed from that point later for long term gaming.

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

I mean he didn't explicitly mention that they were used for mining altcoins, but that's by far the most likely reason that someone would have that many high-end AMD cards. 290s and 7950s were commonly regarded as some of the best cards at scrypt from a $/Mhash standpoint too. 

d1eZeG3.png

DreamedArtist

DreamedArtist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

I mean he didn't explicitly mention that they were used for mining altcoins, but that's by far the most likely reason that someone would have that many high-end AMD cards. 290s and 7950s were commonly regarded as some of the best cards at scrypt from a $/Mhash standpoint too. 

I feel the same and I have a Major feeling that these where used for bitcoin, As I said I myself did this 2 years for mining and seen a lot of these threads on other gaming sites pop up selling a fuzzy bunny load of high end amd cards. I just say anything used in bulk of amd cards Watch out but for nvidia I would not worry.

HorseHeadProphet

HorseHeadProphet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

I redacted, I had realized shortly before I read replies that this wasn't the way to go about it. My apologies.

Edited by HorseHeadProphet, 25 May 2015 - 11:51 AM.

The Hawken forum's a forum, but it's like the only one you get yelled at for using.

DreamedArtist

DreamedArtist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

I redacted, I had realized shortly before I read replies that this wasn't the way to go about it. My apologies.

Thanks for posting that I would post that on the "NOTICE" for the post on selling these things to tell people yes these where used for mining. and those reference engineering samples cards you are not able to resell them. I had 2 once the 6950 models and those are not for resale but aftermarket PCB is able for resale  If they are what those type of models but if they are standard reference then you are cool to resell it.

Edited by DreamedArtist, 25 May 2015 - 11:57 AM.

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Yeah it's all good; I just didn't want someone to buy one thinking they got a great deal and that it'd only been used for gaming. As long as you're saying they've been used for that then there's no issue. 

• DreamedArtist likes this

d1eZeG3.png

HorseHeadProphet

HorseHeadProphet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

There are a lot of cards that are still new in box, never used at all, and anything I would sell I do test. The very few times over my years of selling gear, that I have had to replace something I sold, I did so at my expense. 

Right now I'm using one of the R9 and SSDs in my rig at home and another retired mobo and R9 and ssd at the office, both work fine at games and video.

Incidentally these were not my equipment, and the owner made enough to buy some land in the Poconos after he sold his coins. 

But I just decided it's better to not mix business with pleasure, original post was not a great idea, the stuff is selling off slowly but surely anyway.

Again my apologies.

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

I don't think these forums were a great avenue for it anyway tbh. If you just had one to sell then it'd be different, but offloading what could potentially be thousands of dollars worth of parts without any sort of protections for you or the buyer isn't the best idea. No need to apologize, though. 

d1eZeG3.png

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
Are these items or internals?

System64

System64

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

There are a lot of cards that are still new in box, never used at all, and anything I would sell I do test. The very few times over my years of selling gear, that I have had to replace something I sold, I did so at my expense. 

Right now I'm using one of the R9 and SSDs in my rig at home and another retired mobo and R9 and ssd at the office, both work fine at games and video.

Incidentally these were not my equipment, and the owner made enough to buy some land in the Poconos after he sold his coins. 

But I just decided it's better to not mix business with pleasure, original post was not a great idea, the stuff is selling off slowly but surely anyway.

Again my apologies.

GIMME!!!

d9133aa6ec.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: #upgrade, hardware

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users