• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts
I have recently been promoted at work. I am now the quality control supervisor of a small powder bleach manufacturing company. My predecessor worked 12 to 14 hours a day, sometimes 6 days a week. My predecessor also didn't know how to effectively use a computer. I have now refined my process down to about 2 to 3 hours of solid work in an eight hour day. I never work weekends. I now spend way too much time in these forums while I'm on my phone.

Someone accused my of spending too much time on Facebook. They confiscated my phone, and found out that I don't even have the app installed. They immediately returned the phone, canvassed all of my CYA documents, and found nothing amiss.

This is one of those times I'm really glad to be a hawken nerd.

Crash and burn!
  • Guns_N_Rozer, Miscellaneous, Erzunterweltler and 8 others like this

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

Pumapaw

Pumapaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Good for you. But I would immediately start looking because of the false accusations.

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts
Hah. I wouldn't have gotten the position if I were the kind of person to back down.

I am the one person who criticizes everything that my company does to make money, while providing zero net worth. To the owner, i my position is a waste of money. Yet it is required - not just by law, but to ensure that the products we make satisfy our customers, not let them down. I'm the guy that tells the line bosses that the product they have been making for the past week will or will not meet the customer's needs. If it doesn't, then they will redo it. All of it.

I am the enemy.

I play the part very well.

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Hah. I wouldn't have gotten the position if I were the kind of person to back down.

I am the one person who criticizes everything that my company does to make money, while providing zero net worth. To the owner, i my position is a waste of money. Yet it is required - not just by law, but to ensure that the products we make satisfy our customers, not let them down. I'm the guy that tells the line bosses that the product they have been making for the past week will or will not meet the customer's needs. If it doesn't, then they will redo it. All of it.

I am the enemy.

I play the part very well.

They don't need a good or true reason to fire you, just a legal one.

hoghead

hoghead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

If I'm caught using my phone while on duty by my employer I am put on a level S violation then I'm on probation for three years. In that time I cannot get in trouble at work or I am fired. Now if I am caught at work by the Federal Rail Road Administration on the phone while on duty I am fired, fined up to $10,000 or more, and I will not be able to work any security sensitive job ever! [I wouldn't even be allowed to drive a school bus]. Heaven forbid I hit or I kill someone with a train while on the phone then I go to prison. Wasn't trying to one up you but  who took your phone and looked at it?     Sorry congrats on the promotion! :smile:

Edited by hoghead, 28 May 2015 - 03:13 PM.

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts
The VP who selected me for the position was he one who confiscated my phone. I had been reviewing our quality processes, and had made several suggestions concerning the amount of reduncancy when he pegged me for the job. I think it was a classic case of somebody else wanting the spot I had, even expecting to get it when my predecessor left.

Edited by {TDM} coldform, 28 May 2015 - 03:43 PM.

z6aJAX7.png?1

HorseHeadProphet

HorseHeadProphet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Confiscate your phone, or a company-provided phone?

The Hawken forum's a forum, but it's like the only one you get yelled at for using.

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

They don't need a good or true reason to fire you, just a legal one.

Depends on the state and if there is a CBA in place, but pretty much this:  you don't need a REASON to fire someone. It only helps.

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

Confiscate your phone, or a company-provided phone?

It is my personal phone.

z6aJAX7.png?1

TheCrimsonBinome

TheCrimsonBinome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

*Slow Clap*
You sir are a genius
*Hands Kitty*
You deserve a desk kitty

• coldform likes this

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts
I have a pony thankyouverymuch.

z6aJAX7.png?1

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

You're living the dream.

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users