Photo

I am looking for a few good players to collaborate to create the Iron Core.

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

I want to start a new group based around tactical play Team work and strategy will be the focus.

I am not looking for perfect players but I would like you to have at least 6 different Mechs that you can play. At lest one of each class in these six.  I know this sounds harsh but this is what the iron core needs. You cannot make tactical shifts if you only have assault or a few mechs. We need a group that can change roles  and play styles.

The voip is not fixed I will be sharing a form of combat shorthand that will make communicating quick and efficient. Training will be done in Bot destruction. That has two objectives one to get all you iron survival badges this is a requirement of the core. The second objective is to train as a team.

Things we will be working on as a group

• Mech synergy's

• Role optimization

• Offensive stances
  • Defensive stances
  • Suppressive stances

• Knowing when to steam role another team
  • Knowing when to retreat

• Reactive play
  • Supportive play
  • Planned stances

• Short hand system to communicate
  • Radar
  • Squad tactics

I would like to create a group that will collaborate together as a team  I need people that want to use everything hawken has to offer to make collective  strategy and tactics.  I would like to get so big we can 6 vs 6 each other at anytime.

Tenets of the Iron core

• Team work
  • Know one gets left behind or abandoned
  • Support
  • Dynamic role shifting
  • Tactical play
  • Open dialog between all members to develop tactical play

The Iron core is a collective of individuates that will strive to work together as a dynamic team. If this interest you please leave name what roles you usually play and the mechs you have in your garage.

• Also timezone and times you play

The core  has  no room for solo players if that is you play style the core does not want you.

Edited by Source_Mystic, 01 June 2015 - 03:06 PM.

SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Is this a comp thing, or just a "gitgud" thing? Also, might I suggest "Corp?"

cUB1aCW.jpg?2

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

I'm not interested in your Iron Core, but you and your future team are all welcome to use the public community Hawken Teamspeak at ts5.gameservers.com:9152 if you like for voip in the meanwhile.  I also highly recommend getting involved in Hawken's competitive TPG League if you're looking for the ultimate culmination of teamwork and coordination.

Edited by Silverfire, 31 May 2015 - 05:02 PM.

• Guns_N_Rozer, Amidatelion, gArphEus and 1 other like this

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

I'm not interested in your Iron Core, but you and your future team are all welcome to use the public community Hawken Teamspeak at ts5.gameservers.com:9152 if you like for voip in the meanwhile.  I also highly recommend getting involved in Hawken's competitive TPG League if you're looking for the ultimate culmination of teamwork and coordination.

Thanks silverfire I will take as a option.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Yeah, not gonna lie dude, Bot Desctruction isn't going to do much teambuilding. I mean, it's your call, but if you wanna seriously work on teamwork, playing against humans is best.

• Guns_N_Rozer, Merl61 and Source_Mystic like this

RoughRide

RoughRide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I'm interested, but I don't meet all the requirements. I have 4 mechs(Assault, Vanguard, CR-T, and my recently purchased Raider.), and I don't have any voice chat system or teamspeak.

Fighting the good fight, for as long as there is a fight to be had.

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

I'm interested, but I don't meet all the requirements. I have 4 mechs(Assault, Vanguard, CR-T, and my recently purchased Raider.), and I don't have any voice chat system or teamspeak.

Download Teamspeak here: http://www.teamspeak...?page=downloads

Connect to the Hawken public TS using this guide: https://community.pl...to-teamspeak-3/

@ ts5.gameservers.com:9152

good to have regardless if you do this or not

• gArphEus likes this

lNM7VnC.png

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts
Good luck

Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Best of luck with your new team. If you need any help and advice then please let me know.  

As others have stated, if you want to be competitive, I would look seriously at TeamSpeak as an alternative to in-game Voip. Do take Silverfire up on his offer if you cannot afford a server of your own.

• gArphEus likes this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

wolfrock

wolfrock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

We started and funded the community teamspeak to support activities such as yours. We want to keep it free for all Hawken players, no matter what skill level or organization level (pub, party, clan, goofing around, streamers). Good luck, pilot.

• Source_Mystic likes this
G2R is viable.

Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

You really have 3 mechs assault and crt are essentially the same mech.  Always use the assault as it has slightly better stats. The other problem is you have no a class or light mechs (another requirement).   Tell ya what I am not a prick buy a technician  and that will give you a pretty good variety  on how you can play different roles between the raider assault tech and vanguard. Just work on getting at least 2 more. As for communication I will try the above public team speak channel. Download team speak and for now we can use that in training and bot destruction at least ..... but I am really against using team speak in pug  matches when the other team does not have it just is not fair I am not here to stomp new people. I am here to challenge myself against others on equal ground.

add me as a friend same name in game as here and we will get you started

Also talk to me about how you like to play and I  will advise you on mechs that fit that style. I am  going to tell you what to buy again. I will advise ultimately the choice is yours. there also some mechs I would stay away from starting out. again I will advise not choose what you play or buy.

Edited by Source_Mystic, 01 June 2015 - 06:45 AM.

Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Yeah, not gonna lie dude, Bot Desctruction isn't going to do much teambuilding. I mean, it's your call, but if you wanna seriously work on teamwork, playing against humans is best.

well I would agree over all but it does teach a few things defensive stances , choke points  and to focus fire as a team ,  team support and coherence. plus I  want all our iron core members  to get there sliver badges as this will be our trademark as it were if you see all silver badges you are probably playing a iron core team. Most player do not seem to use that  badge ... so I  thought we would ..... but I agree human vs human is much better more dynamic and will be our goal.

Edited by Source_Mystic, 01 June 2015 - 09:11 AM.

(P:B)Augmentia

(P:B)Augmentia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

well I would agree over all but it does teach a few things defensive stances , choke points  and to focus fire as a team ,  team support and coherence.

All of which could be taught better in a different gamemode. Just sayin.

I am MM
brKc5dA.jpg

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Let him teach it his own way if he so chooses. Everyone has different methods and the most efficient doesn't always have to be taken.

lNM7VnC.png

Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

All of which could be taught better in a different gamemode. Just sayin.

I have a reason for everything I do  I already have tactics that will decimate in a coherent team. what am I missing?  A coherent team......not F*&$% solo aholes. I really hate negative comments on forums. You know why?  they are not constructive. you do not like my style or ideas go build you own group do it your way but next time you want to criticize me or Any one else the way we decide to do something  STOP WE DO NOT F^%$EN care. If you can not contribute something constructive than please STFU. This is none of your business. You do not want to be a part of it so you have no say. You are like a right to lifer that wants to deny  abortions but does not want to adopt the kid or do anything to quantitatively solve the problem. I have no patience for people like you. god dam complacent complainers. Do you really think you need to post on every thing you read .  The F$#%EN ego of some of you self absorbed people.

now back to the matter at hand the iron core is a solution based team oriented tactical group thats core values is the team work ....

Edited by Source_Mystic, 01 June 2015 - 03:34 PM.

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts
Chill the fuzzy bunny out, people just offering some friendly advice and opinions, it has nothing to do with their ego or yours for the matter.

Carry on however you like but don't disrespect other folk. And don't make irrelevant analogies.

Carry on.

lNM7VnC.png

wolfrock

wolfrock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

I have a reason for everything I do  I already have tactics that will decimate in a coherent team. what am I missing?  A coherent team......not F*&$% solo aholes. I really hate negative comments on forums. You know why?  they are not constructive. you do not like my style or ideas go build you own group do it your way but next time you want to criticize me or Any one else the way we decide to do something  STOP WE DO NOT F^%$EN care. If you can not contribute something constructive than please STFU. This is none of your business. You do not want to be a part of it so you have no say. You are like a right to lifer that wants to deny  abortions but does not want to adopt the kid or do anything to quantitatively solve the problem. I have no patience for people like you. god dam complacent complainers. Do you really think you need to post on every thing you read .  The F$#%EN ego of some of you self absorbed people.

now back to the matter at hand the iron core is a solution based team oriented tactical group thats core values is the team work ....

To aid you on your road to team leadership:

You may want to consider your comments above and how you conduct yourself around other people, especially those who you might perceive to be your critics.

If you are open minded, you may want to ask yourself the following:

"What would I want to see in a leader? What would this person be like? How would his personality be? How does he command so much respect from his peers, clients, subordinates, superiors, and adversaries? How does this person motivate people? How does he help them when they're down? How does he behave when they are losing and what does he do next? How does he resolve conflicts? How does he boost morale?"

These questions and the answers to them will help you on your journey.

Edited by wolfrock, 01 June 2015 - 07:44 PM.

G2R is viable.

Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

I stand by what I said nothing constructive was gained by his comment thus it was irreverent if he posted a reason and a suggestion he would have not gotten that response. posting for the sake of hearing your self talk is pointless.

This thread is about creating a group not criticizing the way I do it moving on .....( FOCUS) PEOPLE  ONLY POST IF YOU WANT TO JOIN AT THIS POINT  in this format

Call name in Hawken

Mechs owned

general playstyle

Time zone

any additional information you find relevant

If you do not want to be part of the group or write something constructive please refrain from posting here. This thread is for submissions only at this point thank you.

Edited by Source_Mystic, 01 June 2015 - 11:16 PM.

PsychedelicGrass

PsychedelicGrass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Interesting... O_o

What's the big fuzzy bunnyng deal? Lots of amazing people have committed suicide, and they turned out alright.

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts
Let Crockrocket and I know when you have enough cohesive recruits. I'm sure TDM would love to practice with you. For the most part, we don't have any comp play experience, and would love to test out so points with another budding team.

We hold a relaxed practice session on Mondays and Fridays, 9-midnight EST (6 to 9 PST. meet us in the public TS; some clan members will prolly be there any other time as well

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Let Crockrocket and I know when you have enough cohesive recruits. I'm sure TDM would love to practice with you. For the most part, we don't have any comp play experience, and would love to test out so points with another budding team.

We hold a relaxed practice session on Mondays and Fridays, 9-midnight EST (6 to 9 PST. meet us in the public TS; some clan members will prolly be there any other time as wellI

As soon as I have a full team or squad I will let you know. This seems to be slow going though.  Might have to also recruit in game. also the time does not work for me I work gravyard shift 7pm to 7am  centeral standerd time so you can see how that conflicts ..... my schedule now is wensday - sunday.  We can work somthing out when I get a team built

Edited by Source_Mystic, 02 June 2015 - 07:36 PM.

12_Bone

12_Bone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Kewl... best of luck on your team

gArphEus

gArphEus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Call name in Hawken: gArphEus

Mechs owned: all - some double or triple

general playstyle: every from assassin over harasser, assaulter and supporter 2 healer

Time zone: UTC+1 (DTG: Alfa) I am from Germany, u know, so we shouldn't have a problem 2 play 2gether, anyway... ;)

any additional information you find relevant:

mechs i main mostly: Predator, Infiltrator, Raider

mechs i also play relatively often: Technician, Reaper, Sharpshooter, Rocketeer and Vanguard

You asked me 2 join ur group ingame 2day, and - well - here i am, dude. Just bring it! Hahahaha. We played 2gether many matches, and often turned the tide when working hand in hand, so i'm really looking 4ward 2 this. There r also some other very smart, skilled and friendly dudes of us, i would highly recommend 4 our team. If u like, i invite them 2 join us. Just ask me ingame next time, if u want me 2 recruit them. I'd really appreciate 2 play with a handful of guys, willing 2 fight seriously as a team, instead of getting lost on public servers, where all mates often get scattered all over the map and go loners from the beginning of every TDM. I can take every role needed, have all mechs with all weapons and complete loadout at my disposal, 750 hours of experience and skills and i am level 30 pilot the ninth time by now... ...if i counted correct... (lol) Despite all this, i fight 4 fun - not 4 fame, and though i take tactics very serious, i always bear in mind it's just a game after all, so fun has always top priority 4 me. I work from Wednesday 2 Saturday each day and i'm usually back home at 3 pm. I can play almost daily, but on Saturday evening i usually relish scottish single malt and ale, so don't count on me until Sunday high noon then... ;) *cough*

However - if it amounts of 3 dayz of training a week, i am in. Want me by ur side, dude??? Cloak activated!

KRRRAAAA-CHINK !!! Breacher's ready! Whom do u want me 2 kill 4 u and the sake of the IRON CORE? Hehehehe...

Regards, gArphEus

Edited by gArphEus, 05 June 2015 - 01:10 PM.

Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Call name in Hawken: gArphEus

Mechs owned: all - some double or triple

general playstyle: every from assassin over harasser, assaulter and supporter 2 healer

Time zone: UTC+1 (DTG: Alfa) I am from Germany, u know, so we shouldn't have a problem 2 play 2gether, anyway... ;)

any additional information you find relevant:

mechs i main mostly: Predator, Infiltrator, Raider

mechs i also play relatively often: Technician, Reaper, Sharpshooter, Rocketeer and Vanguard

You asked me 2 join ur group ingame 2day, and - well - here i am, dude. Just bring it! Hahahaha. We played 2gether many matches, and often turned the tide when working hand in hand, so i'm really looking 4ward 2 this. There r also some other very smart, skilled and friendly dudes of us, i would highly recommend 4 our team. If u like, i invite them 2 join us. Just ask me ingame next time, if u want me 2 recruit them. I'd really appreciate 2 play with a handful of guys, willing 2 fight seriously as a team, instead of getting lost on public servers, where all mates often get scattered all over the map and go loners from the beginning of every TDM. I can take every role needed, have all mechs with all weapons and complete loadout at my disposal, 750 hours of experience and skills and i am level 30 pilot the ninth time by now... ...if i counted correct... (lol) Despite all this, i fight 4 fun - not 4 fame, and though i take tactics very serious, i always bear in mind it's just a game after all, so fun has always top priority 4 me. I work from Wednesday 2 Saturday each day and i'm usually back home at 3 pm. I can play almost daily, but on Saturday evening i usually relish scottish single malt and ale, so don't count on me until Sunday high noon then... ;) *cough*

However - if it amounts of 3 dayz of training a week, i am in. Want me by ur side, dude??? Cloak activated!

KRRRAAAA-CHINK !!! Breacher's ready! Whom do u want me 2 kill 4 u and the sake of the IRON CORE? Hehehehe...

Regards, gArphEus

gArphEus you are in there was not doubt . Recruit anyone you want you have agood judge of charater ... just mak sure they know the iron core is based on team work at all cost,  no one gets left behind. As a team we will learn staratages and tatics togeather.  I am not the leader I am the founder  and we are the iron core we will  have a good deal of fun doing it .... do you have team speak if not down load it and book mark the public server at the beginning of this thread. that is what we will ne using during training

Edited by Source_Mystic, 05 June 2015 - 04:11 PM.

• gArphEus likes this

gArphEus

gArphEus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Hahahaha... seems i need 2 get a headset first. I'll c what i can find, dude...

cya later...

Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

I have to buy a head set as well.

gArphEus

gArphEus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Well - if u have good Headphones already, and want 2 keep it (like me), there's a good alternative solution instead of a headset at antlion dot com. Check it out - u can't miss it. Zalman clip micros shall be good, too, but less expensive. I watched a Youtube audio comparison test of both, and was surprised of their quality. So far about that dude. BTW - my face is totally swollen from infernal tooth pain, and i look and feel like Dr. Frankenstein's monster actually, so i'm heading 4 the doctor now. If i don't report back within the next 10 hours, then go call the police... Hahahaha... Cya, dude.

Regards, gArphEus.

FunkMaster67

FunkMaster67

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

I am very interested in joining.   I own every mech except the g2 assault.  Mechs i play the most infiltrator, vanguard, technician.  I can play many more.  Play style corner dodging and aggressive. Time zone USA East.

Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Played many games with you are in funkmaster67 WelcomE to the Iron Core.

Edited by Source_Mystic, 22 June 2015 - 11:55 PM.

Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Iron core is done .... there is lag on every server i play on whichwill make this clans strategic play impossible as it is the lag issues have taken the fun out of hawken. whatever reloaded did in the back end trying to fix this has made it worse ... I'll  be back to test servers and lag if they fix it. if they do I  will be back.  I love hawken but it is becoming a unplayable mess and last night was the last straw ...... was playing with several friends and the lag was so bad i had to leave several servers ......  so farewell for now  hope reloaded fixes what ever they did if not it was a great ride,  a great game,  and there are so many good people here .... 

gArphEus

gArphEus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
I am very sad about u quitting the game, dude. I can c some decent reason behind ur opinion though. However, i don't give up so easily. In the meantime i'll hold the flag 4 u, and try 2 recruit moa players. Funkmaster and i had some very nice matches 2gether using Teamspeak. BTW - many thanx 2 Silverfire 4 the kind invitation 2 use the Official Unofficial Teamspeak Server. Everything works pretty well actually, and the link 2 the tutorials how 2 establish connection was pretty helpful, too. Great support. Thx-a-lot. We leave a place in the team open 4 u Source_Mystic. Hope u change ur mind and return 2 the game soon. Was always a pleasure 4 us 2 fight with u. Kind regards, gArphEus.
  • ShaDez2_XyLer likes this

ShaDez2_XyLer

ShaDez2_XyLer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I am really intrested in this ... i do need to build up my role as a defensive player. I have a few mechs in my Garage . (ASSAULT,RAIDER,REAPER,BRAWLER,GRENADIER,CRT-RECRUIT,BEZERKER and G-2 RAIDER ) ohh and by the way i only started playing HAWKEN 4 months ago... i still have allot to learn... and i want to learn.... am i qualified?

gArphEus

gArphEus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Hi. Shadez. U r qualified, dude, and it was fun playing with u, but as long as we can't get around the only-3-players-per-party-limitations, i don't c how we could all train 2gether. The 6 vs 6 game mode seems the only way we could accomplish that, (besides a private server, we un42nately don't have), but we don't have 6 members by now, and the 6 vs 6 servers seem deserted, anyway. Furthermoa we faced heavy lag issues, as soon as we did party and join TDMs, that makes coordinated teamplay a pain, so, realisticly seen, there is no viable option of going on with our plans atm, dude. However, u may look 4 us at TS and simply join us whenever we manage 2 play 2gether. Hopefully we find a solution in the future. Sorry, dude. Cya out there.

Regards, gArphEus

"The itzy-bitzy spider,
laid a little trap,
then one got in,
and snapped the trap,
rendering him crapped..." ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users