Photo

(Forum suggestion) original poster can delete negative comments from things he or she authors.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

It was suggestion guess it is better to let the trolls just troll threads and de-rail the topic  or fill it with complete bs till no on fallows or even bother to read though it.  This is the bane and disease of all forms it is never solved because forums get to big for admins to handle. But your all right we should just let the the lowest common denominator of humanity rule and call it freedom.

cheers I stand corrected

Source_Mystic there really is no need to take this personally. It just isn't a good idea for a number of reasons and perhaps this reaction is one of them.

You see, the main issue with this is that an Original Poster would have the power to delete anything in their thread. Things that may contradict or disagree with the the original posts content. This would enable people to create false outcomes to suggestions, false representations of community opinions and redirect their thread in any way they wished. If you took smurf accounts into consideration too; one person could have an entirely false debate all on their own.

Now, no one is saying that they approve of trolls or spammers but you suggest giving this power to the entire community and as such you are giving this power to the very people you are trying to stop. Imagine the consequences of that. Entire threads of abusive, deconstructive nonsense with no objections made or reason sought.

This forum does have the odd problem with mindless trolling and derailment from time to time but it's usually dealt with quickly and isn't a massive problem. Besides, we all know who the usual culprits are so I would take the advice above and set some ignore preferences. Also, for people who are seriously conflicting with forum policy then the report button is there.

On another note I do have a conflict as I write this. Our clan stands by a Code of Conduct (which I wrote) which states, among other things, that Spamming and Trolling are not allowed but also that confrontational, abusive or offensive behaviour isn't either. Now this sounds like common sense and it is but you have to be very careful not to infringe on a persons right to disagree or express an opinion. You can only try to encourage people to behave in a manner that is appropriate.

What you are asking for here is the power of censorship and that is rarely a positive thing.

Edited by (KDR) Pastorius, 02 June 2015 - 09:06 AM.

• bacon_avenger likes this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

if I can't delete comments about my comments there's a good chance I won't file comments for season 3

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

MajyckToad

MajyckToad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

yup. the power to abuse the delete button should only be held by those chosen by the owners of the game. let's at least hope ReLoaded keeps a slightly tighter leash on their dogs than their predecessors did.

:yucky:

• bacon_avenger and Pastorius like this

BkeETgs.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users