Photo

What if ... pilot levels were unlimited?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

That's why they need to be rewarded for playing it... Otherwise TDM would be the only mode played here. See. I'm actually directly addressing your concern.

No, you aren't directly addressing my concern.

This is it:

Spoiler

Honestly, if you don't address it, I don't see a point to this discussion.

Sokram

Sokram

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

How about....removing pilot lvl and replacing it with MMR?   Rewards for lvling?  Give them for ranking mechs. 

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

No, you aren't directly addressing my concern.

This is it:

Spoiler

Honestly, if you don't address it, I don't see a point to this discussion.

In order to keep game modes populated, people need a reason to play them. You and a great many other people don't like pub siege. Were it not for the better rewards already recieved, it would be nigh impossible to find a Siege game. In order to keep them populated, they would need to reward people who don't like it for playing it. I don't know why I need to keep repeating that.

There. PCed up the post.

Edited by BaronSaturday, 11 June 2015 - 06:29 PM.

Technician | Fear the Beam | Support
Welcome to the End of Days
KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

I think that you should get to lvl 30 by play time/xp alone.

When you get there you should be able to get another 5 dynamic levels split into MMR ranges.

lvl 30 is any player up to 1500 with sufficient time played

lvl 31 is 1500-1700

lvl 32 is 1700-1900

lvl 33 is 1900-2100

lvl 34 is 2100-2300

lvl 35 is 2300+

Yes, these last 5 levels would be dynamic so you can creep into lvl 33 for example the day you get over 1900 only to go back to 32 for not maintaining it.

if you are 2300+ MMR by the time you get to lvl 30 (eg smurfs) then it should also require additional xp to unlock those levels so you don't insta-level to 35.

Experienced players then have a reason to strive for keeping those last few levels, and cant make a lvl 35 and donate it to someone and have it stay 35 without any effort. It might need some sort of tutorial that when you unlock lvl 31 that it explains it is dynamic, but then newer pilots might still ignore that.

Would you guys be ok with potentially topping out at 32-33 if you are a fairly good player but not elite competition grade?

I'd be happy with lvl 32-33 and would be interested to see players above me and see it as a challenge.

Cheers,

6ixxer

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Lol taking my idea eh? XD lol I am flattered

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

I saw your post about dynamic levels and presumed you only meant swapping out the whole level system for a new one which I didn't fully agree with.

I didn't actually see your post about the 10 extra levels above 30.

So based on that I didn't consider myself as taking it, but yes I have just arrived in pretty much the same place as your later post about the extra levels. I just went into a bit more details. It means people don't need to look at MMR so much as those last few levels show your skill in a way that can be seen in game. I think 10 levels would also cause some tension between players as it makes the skill brackets too granular and looks worse when a lvl 40 player is in a room with lvl 31s. I think 5 levels is enough and doesn't seem so daunting.

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

your not being  labeled the same as a rookie just compare a players statistics not "level" as a level only goes up, mmr goes either way but it is not meant to be the goal just a balancing tool, the statistics/player info or whatever has the stuff you want, in my oppinion the reputation you build with your peers will speak for you far more clear than any stat

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users