Photo

Tickle's Grand List of Suggested Internals.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

There's a discussion in this forum on whether or not the AC should be in the game. I don't think it should be a discussion.

It is a discussion due to a couple things, but one of the biggest points to be tossed around is that "Air compressor is different."

That's the point being made by a lot of people who think it shouldn't be in the game. Now, I'm only stating this as a preface for the thread. Make no mistake, this is not in any way whatsoever an attempt to engage in a discussion on the AC in terms of its place within the game. Any post attempting to bring that discussion here will be flagged and a request for the post's removal will be submitted on the basis of an attempt to derail a thread.

This thread is built with the intention of suggesting ideas for internals on par with the AC in terms of effectiveness, trade off, and added dimensionality. The following are just ideas, entirely subject to tweaking and discussion, though their purpose is less of "I want these in the game" than they are a demonstration of potential factors to modify or introduce with new internals.

I'd also like to introduce the idea that all "active" internals, meaning ones that the user must activate, must be three slot, ensuring that a maximum of two can be used at once.

1. Thermal Exchange Unit: An internal that when activated would generate heat in exchange for an increased boost speed. Should you find yourself faced with an opponent who you simply cannot engage, you can turn and run at a higher speed, sacrificing your ability to fight and forcing you to commit to your retreat.

2. Cavorite Phase Modification Unit: This internal applies a direct electric current to an internal supply of cavorite. (Cavorite being the material responsible for an axe's lightness and mobility, lrn2lore) The voltage is too high for an axe's standard electronics and must be supplemented by an internal current generating unit that uses fuel. The effect of this is that the effective mass of the axe is altered, allowing for what is essentially an upward dodge. Faster than normal flight, and also more consumptive of fuel, it cannot be initiated while in flight. The current can also be applied in such a manner that the users axe temporarily becomes much heavier, creating a downward dodge effect. The current in this phase is timely to reverse, and the axe receives a short flight cooldown, forcing it to land.

TL;DR, upward/downward dodges whereby the endpoint of the downward dodge and the point of initiation of the upward dodge are both the ground. Both consume fuel.

3. Freezer: The pilot gets free ice cream.

4. Radar Enhancement: This internal broadcasts a steady pulse of high energy in an outward direction for roughly the radius of the user's radar during the course of activation. All moving enemies (no one standing still or repairing), regardless of fuel consumption, appear on the radar for the duration of the internal's usage. However, the energy of the pulse is significant enough that enemy axes can pick up on it. Thus the user is also shown on the radar. It cannot be used while consuming fuel or shooting, and the energy of the pulse is significant enough that the sender is slowed to 50% walk speed during its course.

5. Attractor Unit: No. Not a tractor unit, though it does bear some similarities. A mobility altering internal, this piece is unique in the sense that it is only usable in combination with other axes with the same unit. When activated by two users of the unit, a strong field is activated between both axes. The field pulls the axes together at a speed inversely proportional to the mass of the axe, meaning if an A class and a C class both activate, the A class will move toward the C at roughly 3 times the speed that the C will move toward the A. During this movement, dodges cannot be utilized, though one can still boost in any direction to modify the path and speed of travel. This is clearly an internal aimed to be used with good communication and is otherwise useless. Its trade off is an inability to dodge during course of travel, and the freak possibility of an enemy with the same internal activating their own during a coordinated process and either altering the movement to that Axe's own inertia or forcing the maneuver to be canceled.

Feel free to add your own.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

How do you propose to "activate" these internals?

The CPMU is easy enough, Space to pop up as normal and C to drop down is pretty intuitive. But there are no mechanics for activating internals. Unless you mean for these to be items?

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

+1 to only (1)

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

The CPMU is easy enough, Space to pop up as normal and C to drop down is pretty intuitive. But there are no mechanics for activating internals. Unless you mean for these to be items?

Nope, internals. I'm not sure. Find a standard button for internal activation. I'm afraid I'm not familiar with standard spacing for controls, as I use a Razer Orbweaver in combination with a Logitech G600, but I imagine there's accessible space on most keyboards. I'm not sure if ALT is used, but moving the thumb from the spacebar to the ALT key doesn't seem to require much effort.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
Oh mai. Some of these would be very interesting. I think that adding these functions would be very difficult coding wise. I also think that adding more mechs/skins/maps is much more important at this stage of development.

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Oh mai. Some of these would be very interesting. I think that adding these functions would be very difficult coding wise. I also think that adding more mechs/skins/maps is much more important at this stage of development.

Oh of course. The topic was just spurned by the AC discussion and figured it's never too early for the community to do things like this.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

DISCLAIMER: I know this is an AC example, but I swear it's relevant!

AC is an internal that is effectively "activated" with a dodge command. Some of these other internals could be activated in a similar manner with some creative thinking. For example, perhaps the thermal exchange unit could be activated upon using a 180 turn (not that I think that would be terribly helpful in all situations).

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

SparkyJJC

SparkyJJC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Now that you mention it, I could use some Ice Cream....

• Miscellaneous likes this

AXgnWyr.png

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

DISCLAIMER: I know this is an AC example, but I swear it's relevant!

AC is an internal that is effectively "activated" with a dodge command. Some of these other internals could be activated in a similar manner with some creative thinking. For example, perhaps the thermal exchange unit could be activated upon using a 180 turn (not that I think that would be terribly helpful in all situations).

Shhh, you're free to use the AC as an example, and absolutely should, it being an activated internal. You are not free to bring the pro/anti AC discussion here. That is all.

• crockrocket likes this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

i think an active smoke screen could be fun, kind of like an octopus squirts ink when threatened 

We Can Dance If We Want To     

OTWsig2.jpg

ES3lMRu.png?1

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

i think an active smoke screen could be fun, kind of like an octopus squirts ink when threatened 

I think this would make for a very good item, or even an ability for a mech. I think active internals should differentiate from abilities by lacking significant cooldown, whereas this idea might require one.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Lumi's Framework will always be the best: http://hawken.mirror...your-own-ideas/

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Lumi's Framework will always be the best: http://hawken.mirror...your-own-ideas/

Uh. That fuzzy bunny should be brought over here. Verbatim. I remember that. If she's not active on these forums I may very well bring that right the fuzzy bunny over and credit her in the title.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 23 March 2015 - 10:58 AM.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Does anyone remember that barrier idea that was like the Infiltrator's cloak?  Except it was more like a one way mirror and you hide on the other side, except all projectiles go through it so it's not like a shield, but more like a deployable camo?  I think that idea was pretty tight.

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, 23 March 2015 - 10:05 AM.

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Does anyone remember that barrier idea that was like the Infiltrator's cloak?  Except it was more like a one way mirror and you hide on the other side, except all projectiles go through it so it's not like a shield, but more like a deployable camo?  I think that idea was pretty tight.

D-d-d-d-dayum son.

Sounds interdasting. 

capnjosh plz.

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

capnjosh plz.

Seconded.

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Uh. That fuzzy bunny should be brought over here. Verbatim. I remember that. If he's not active on these forums I may very well bring that right the fuzzy bunny over and credit him in the title.

Her.

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Her.

Awesome. Made the standard assumption. Always good to see evidence of gender diversity.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users