Photo

Salvage: An idea to promote player retention within individual lobbies.

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

^Agreed.

When the topic of how to reduce rage-quitting by incentivizing staying popped up in that other topic in General, I had honestly forgotten about this.  I'd like it again if I could.

This is exactly the type of reward I was talking about when I said the multiplier bonus for staying in the same server for consecutive matches, "needs to be more than the worthless XP, HC and MC that most of us already have more of than we know what to do with."

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

jjm1

jjm1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

I hadn't seen it before either. Its a good idea.

It would be neat to have unique free-only cosmetic parts as rewards for being a good Hawken citizen. I'm fine with them being the grindiest item in the game too.

asipo

asipo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

reward player a temporary skin (eg: last 1 week) from the salvage

Join Hawken asia Facebook group : here

Mech idea : Marauder (B-class), Raptor (A-class)

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

reward player a temporary skin (eg: last 1 week) from the salvage

Temporary skins = No thanks

How about you can trade salvage for X amount of HC, or trade a certain amount of salvage for (permanent) skins/cosmetics

Could even add a random aspect to what skin you get, like unboxing in TF2/CS:GO.

Although hopefully with less bs.

Edited by Rainbow Sheep, 30 December 2015 - 06:14 AM.

• Meraple and DallasCreeper like this

Spoiler

HugeGuts

HugeGuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

This is an excellent idea. I am also for additional goodies from scrap beyond just HC, like scrap-only cosmetics.

I am also for unlocking items/internals through scrap, but only when the game has way more items/internals than it currently has so as to not decrease the longevity of the cash shop too severely.

Edited by HugeGuts, 11 January 2016 - 08:38 AM.

• Badtings likes this

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Maybe a little reward in HC and/or one new achievement to "compensate" as well.

New related Cammo/s look/s like.. unlikely to me. Although would be a nice touch. Perhaps one new pilot emblem?

Anyways.. Just my 2 cents. ;)

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

Liquid_Speaker

Liquid_Speaker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Seems like a legit idea. Would like to see a scrap mech added in if that could happen. Collecting random drop parts could keep people from leaving.

Shade__

Shade__

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Why just have it as sellable parts? You know, it would be cool to form a collection of salvaged parts each with their own descriptions/lore and whatever. I certainly wouldn't sell anything that wasn't a duplicate. THE COLLECTION MUST GROW.

what about using salvaged parts to make mech bobbleheads for your hud, even more things to collect.

Edited by Shade__, 14 January 2016 - 08:59 PM.

• talons1337, ticklemyiguana and Badtings like this

,d88b.d88b,
`Y8888888Y'
`Y888Y' 
`Y

-Shade__

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

Keep 'em coming.  This is good stuff and, yes, this will help a whole lot towards keeping people from leaving at the end of every match.

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts
Reported for necro
  • crockrocket and _incitatus like this

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

Reported for necro

The hell you talkin' bout?

This has been active all through the later half of Dec '15 and all of Jan '16.

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

Reported for necro

The hell you talkin' bout?

This has been active all through the later half of Dec '15 and all of Jan '16.

I am resurrecting this thread. It is exceptionally salient as a suggestion, has an overload of positive feedback, no valid criticisms as of yet, and I think it needs to be looked at again by Reloaded.

It's a joke though, I don't report threads. I can't imagine anyone doing that excepting that one sad sack.

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

lwY3QRd.jpg

Badtings

Badtings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

The Problem

As we all know, there are serious issues with people leaving matches either mid-game, or directly following a match. Naturally, this leads to serious issues with matchmaking and game balance. One solution that has been put forward is to give a reward to players who stay in the same server for several matches in a row.

My Proposal

Add a chance for a player to receive a salvage bonus at the end of the match, given out at the same time as the HC. This salvage bonus would be in the form of a mech part salvaged from the battlefield, perhaps a limb or maybe even a cockpit. These salvage parts would be exchanged in the store for HC. I envision there being three or more tiers of salvage quality, with the higher tiers being less common, but worth more HC. The probability of receiving a higher quality drop, or even a salvage drop of any kind, would increase with consecutive matches in the same lobby. There would need to by a cap on how long this probability increases in order for salvage to not be completely OP in terms of HC collection; perhaps the cap would be five matches or so. Some careful consideration would be needed to determine the HC values of the various salvage tiers. 

I think this is an interesting way to add a reward for staying in the same server for multiple matches while also incorporating the game's lore. I also think this is a good way to keep new players interested, and lessen the impression of an insurmountable grind. The fact that there's a chance something good might drop at the end of a match has an addictive quality as well, and may keep some people in game for longer than normal. At the end of the day this would function similarly to already proposed rewards, but I like the idea of tying in the fact that a bunch of mechs just got blown up. 

LOVE IT!

8CyRDl7.gifGYM1W9I.png

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

It's a joke though, I don't report threads. I can't imagine anyone doing that excepting that one sad sack.

Oh.  OK.

So_Say_We_All

So_Say_We_All

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Yes, this is a fine idea to an important problem. 

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Necroed or not..

--

[Insert picture here]

Emblem: Braveheart.

Desc: Rewarded by playing 3 matches in a row 25 times. (Only in DM, TDM, Siege or MA game modes).

--

*This might deserve a brand new achievement too..

How does that sound to you?

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

sounds good, you have best voice in Hawken

• The_Silencer likes this

lwY3QRd.jpg

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Bump, make suggestions relevant again.

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken