• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

HHJFTRU

HHJFTRU

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Sometimes I feel like pressing a 'thumbs up' vote button in-game when I see excellent sportsmanship.

According to my idea if a player has at least 2 votes in the match he gets a fair-play credit (which might be used for buying exclusive stuff and is a visible stat).

How about having this option? 

• WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW and Badtings like this

Ceterum censeo ... bootcamp-servers!  &:

#rapidMMR4newaccounts      #removethedelay

#morespeed4EOC                 #lessspread4T-32

#buffG2R                               #nerfZerk'n'Assault

#dosomethingwithHF             #noisesupression4breacher

THANKS FOR THIS AWESOME GAME!

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

(which might be used for buying exclusive stuff and is a visible stat).

untitle.JPG

• Vlenzo and I2DI like this

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

reVelske

reVelske

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Would be highly abusable and encourage begging, so no.

• crockrocket, Miscellaneous, CrimsonKaim and 1 other like this

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

I would get a LOT of credit. I'm known for major sportsmanship.

• Guns_N_Rozer, Miscellaneous, Meraple and 2 others like this

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Not sure about the buying exclusive content thing, but I feel that it should be a stat or rating system. ^^

GalaxyRadio

GalaxyRadio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Sometimes I feel like pressing a 'thumbs up' vote button in-game when I see excellent sportsmanship.

According to my idea if a player has at least 2 votes in the match he gets a fair-play credit (which might be used for buying exclusive stuff and is a visible stat).

How about having this option? 

Could be abused.

Iam a gentleman&sportsman, but many player don't like me because of that, sometimes you get shitstormed in a match if you sit out for better balancing from your very own team, and mostly the enemy team dosn't even care that you sit and watching the game, they will kill you, if they get near you.

This system wouldn't even work if you just could thumbs up someone, because some people like each other (stomper/camper etc.) would thumbs up themself, so its not working.

It can only work if the devs building something into the game, where you could use spectatormode, after you choosed yourself the button for sitting out and it will be only available if the difference is too huge (TDM 10 Kills/Siege 3000 VS 1500 or less). Only this would work with a rating system and after that you can "maybe" see who is really nice or not.

I was streaming the last week and you can see in mostly every game how bad this community is. All are talking like they are fair in the game, but its not, most of the gamers here are lying, at least on europe server i can say for sure. 

Exclusiv would be nice, because with that you can force player know for stomping others to be fair as well, because they want something. Of course they are not fair because they want to, they are fair because they could get something for that in return....

Kind Regards,

Galaxy Radio

Edited by GalaxyRadio, 30 June 2015 - 03:05 AM.

HHJFTRU

HHJFTRU

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

My intention is simply to say 'thank you' for the guys who for example sit out or volunteer to switch teams when balance is off.

Thus encouraging this type of behavior, which has no benefits otherwise (except for the team balancer bonus).

Surely it can be abused, but it may have a positive effect overall.

It isn't for competing like who is the nicer guy, but just to bring in the possibility of giving some positive feedback in a simple way (chatting is not always a good idea when the combat is tense).

However, I can understand if you are against making it a public stat or being able to buy stuff with those credits.

Maybe it would be enough if only the player could see his own fair-play score or credits.

And I like the idea of being in 'spectator mode' when sitting out, Galaxy.

Ceterum censeo ... bootcamp-servers!  &:

#rapidMMR4newaccounts      #removethedelay

#morespeed4EOC                 #lessspread4T-32

#buffG2R                               #nerfZerk'n'Assault

#dosomethingwithHF             #noisesupression4breacher

THANKS FOR THIS AWESOME GAME!

MacTep_6oT

MacTep_6oT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Rant:

this is a war-based game. there is nothing "fair" in war (Geneva be damned), and since the victor is the one remaining to write the history books, any "war crimes" will largely disappear, and only honor and valor will be recorded. when the desperation of your way of life and your life itself is on the line, the end always justifies the means.

the objective is rapid, decisive and complete defeat of the enemy by any means available. perfect example: WW2. the US and Allies did so, including the roasting alive of entire cities' populations, and won objectives of total dominance encompassing nearly the entire planet's surface in less than FOUR YEARS. this is also one of the reasons ISIS has made such a frighteningly quick advance--it works.

what has never worked: compromise, concession, summits, negotiations, and treaties all of which have extended horrendously expensive (in terms of human suffering as well as money) conflicts for literally decades, with no clear goal of victory of any sort.

End Rant

TL/DR:

this is war. achieve total victory by any means, or be forced to accept defeat and its consequences.

Edited by ?????? ???, 30 June 2015 - 04:16 AM.

mjU56gg.jpg

reVelske

reVelske

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

And how is any of that relevant to the topic? The game is war-themed, that does not make the game itself a "war", neither is competition/contest (which the multiplayer game most certain is) a "war" by definition.

Wait why am I even trying to respond to this in a serious manner, here have this instead.

8T2VUv8.gif

hoghead

hoghead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
Thank god the soviets and nazis had it all together. I'm sorry I got caught up in the rethoric. I think it might be abused also.

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

It's common sense to be nice. Why there should be any incentive for the decent polite behaviour? It should be the norm.

So if I get nothing I'll act shitty?! WHERE's MY COOKIE!?! 

Btw Im all for the kickvote option.

14624982.gif

• HepTagoN likes this

brackets

brackets

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

The like system on the forums, intended for users to point out posts they like, could be abused by a pair of players (or a single player with a smurf) to farm a high like-count; however, the alleged potential for abuse of the like post system hasn't been a concern (instead, some have asked for more likes to hand out). Excluding the potential to buy exclusive content, this is very similar to the proposed thumbs-up player option for in-game. I would support without exclusive content.

[edit:] The potential for abuse can be controlled fairly easily. Firstly, don't offer exclusive benefits based on these votes. Secondly, limit the number of votes a player can award each day. And if you're really concerned about the abuse of a system with no real benefit (like the forum's "like" system), you can even introduce some statistical analysis to flag players who disproportionately receive honour from a specific player or group of players.

Edited by brackets, 30 June 2015 - 09:10 AM.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Good sportsmanship is its own reward.  It shouldn't be something that people look to earn.

• Hek_naw likes this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Badtings

Badtings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Yeah, that would be abused, however it's an excellent idea. 

8CyRDl7.gifGYM1W9I.png

Hek_naw

Hek_naw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

We already have a system in place for this. Namely the buddy list. If you like someone's sportsmanship (or any other qualities) befriend that person.

• crockrocket likes this

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

We already have a system in place for this. Namely the buddy list. If you like someone's sportsmanship (or any other qualities) befriend that person.

Looks like I've got no friends now

talons1337

talons1337

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Looks like I've got no friends now

That can be interpreted in two different directions :P

When in doubt, attack your own team. You will still get points for it!

5Fv3Gsb.jpg

NBv9U8X.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users