Photo

Holy cow! A real mecha fight between USA and Japan?!?

mech hnnnnnnnnnnnnnng dem cockpits le guns my body is ready all the dakka nippon steel freedom launcher whogunagitrekt hawken irl

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

America's mech (Megabot):

Japan's mech:

Japanese message in response (Kuratas mech): http://monkeyfarm.cocolog-nifty.com/

Translation of Kuratas's response in English courtesy of Goboiano (some sort of blog I believe LINK: http://media.goboian...ic-robot-battle):

Just what we'd expect from America.

Before I talk about the challenge, I just want like to say...What the heck is Japan doing?

It's only logical that Japanese robots fight each other first, and the winner advances to fight America. 

It's been four years since (our robot) Kuratas was built. This is what happens when other builders in Japan slack off.

I'm really annoyed.

I'll give it some thought, so be patient Megabot.

?????????

???????????????????
??????????????

???????????????????????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????
??????????

??????????????????? 

DISCUSS THIS GLORIOUS NEWS!  WHO WILL WIN?!?  WHO WILL HAVE ETERNAL BRAGGING RIGHTS OVER THE OTHER? (I'm honestly extremely surprised about finding this info, just wow. O_o)

I really hope this happens.  I hope the guy who made Kuratas will say yes! T_T

Edited by h????????????????????????????????i??, 02 July 2015 - 02:58 AM.

• Miscellaneous, SandSpider2, DisorderlyMechanic and 3 others like this

Urban_Sword

Urban_Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

America be like

1XstHM7.jpg

• Hijinks_The_Turtle and Rainbow_Sheep like this

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

What? This was literally the first thing I thought of.

• Hijinks_The_Turtle likes this

TheFrostnessMonster

TheFrostnessMonster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Japan is probably going to win. Their robot will probably end up being something from Armored Core and just fly around ours just like how a Scout jukes a Brawler.

CRT master race... No questions allowed.

Period.

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

I have a feeling that the duel would be super lame. Both would just stand there shooting paintballs at eachother. Who's going to win? The one who gets hit 50 times or some other arbitrary winning condition? You can't exactly kill the opponent because this isn't ancient Rome and the gladiators. Knocking down the opponent with projectiles without being potentially lethal to the recipient is also out of the question.

The Japanese mech looks a little flimsy and not built for actual "combat" anyhow, more of a fantasy roleplaying costume. Can't say that the American mech isn't that much better off with its hole-y grill that nicely dissolves incoming paintballs all over the pilot's face and equipment.

• Aregon, Meraple, Hijinks_The_Turtle and 3 others like this

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Japan is probably going to win. Their robot will probably end up being something from Armored Core and just fly around ours just like how a Scout jukes a Brawler.

No, that's too far futuristic.

I'm thinking more Wanzer than Armored Core.

OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

girl_gun_fuzzy bunny_yeah1.jpg

• Hijinks_The_Turtle likes this

Scootin' 'n Shoot | Bawlin' 'n Brawlin' | Ragin' 'n Raidin'

ca62ab9a-2ce9-4a20-b368-0cde03b1331d.png

"Velocitas et Eradico"

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

I have a feeling that the duel would be super lame. Both would just stand there shooting paintballs at eachother. Who's going to win? The one who gets hit 50 times or some other arbitrary winning condition? You can't exactly kill the opponent because this isn't ancient Rome and the gladiators. Knocking down the opponent with projectiles without being potentially lethal to the recipient is also out of the question.

The Japanese mech looks a little flimsy and not built for actual "combat" anyhow, more of a fantasy roleplaying costume. Can't say that the American mech isn't that much better off with its hole-y grill that nicely dissolves incoming paintballs all over the pilot's face and equipment.

This is just the beginning.  Also, they've got a year to prepare to make their machines battle ready.  For all we know, it could start something big.  I do get what you mean though.

• Luaq likes this

Kutsumigaki

Kutsumigaki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

The Japanese mech was an art project. It features designs and technology you'd expect to see in a mech (autotracking, HUD, remote control, etc). The American mech was built to fight in a game, and features things you'd expect to find in a junker mech (barely moves, metal grate cockpit, big guns, etc.).

======== Life long gamer ======== Casual mech fan ======== Trying out Hawken ========

PsychedelicGrass

PsychedelicGrass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Like kopra said, a duel between these two would be lame as hell. I mean, what can they even do? Drive around a course and shoot eachother? How would you determine a winner?

If there isn't murderous bloodshed it'll be boring, and murderous bloodshed is illegal :c

What's the big fuzzy bunnyng deal? Lots of amazing people have committed suicide, and they turned out alright.

Massive_Assailant_Stingray

Massive_Assailant_Stingray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Like kopra said, a duel between these two would be lame as hell. I mean, what can they even do? Drive around a course and shoot eachother? How would you determine a winner?

If there isn't murderous bloodshed it'll be boring, and murderous bloodshed is illegal :c

Idk, there are quite a number of sports I find entertaining, yet they completely lack murderous bloodshed.(inside the actual sport that is)

But yeah, a 1v1 duel would probably be boring. A 5v5 on a proper course would be awesome though.

Edited by Massive_Assailant_Stingray, 02 July 2015 - 08:06 PM.

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

japans weakness https://youtu.be/aPVOxvABhdA?t=82

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

JAPAN HAS RESPONDED!

THIS. IS. HAPPENING!

Edited by h????????????????????????????????i??, 06 July 2015 - 04:46 AM.

• Kopra likes this

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Hasn't battlebots already been a thing for a decade?

*yawn*

These mech builder guys need to realize you can get way more wild with a drone. The pilot's safety is a limiting factor to the amount of hilarity that can ensue. 

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Hasn't battlebots already been a thing for a decade?

*yawn*

These mech builder guys need to realize you can get way more wild with a drone. The pilot's safety is a limiting factor to the amount of hilarity that can ensue. 

Oh come on, the pilots themselves want to duke it out.  We'll probably get a cam inside the mechs themselves to see what they do as their robots crush each other. Isn't that fun?  The danger is part of the excitement as well.

• Luaq likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mech, hnnnnnnnnnnnnnng, dem cockpits, le guns, my body is ready, all the dakka, nippon steel, freedom launcher, whogunagitrekt, hawken irl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users