• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

TronX33

TronX33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

So, on mechs such as the G2 raider, the Grenadier and Incen, The "Wings" seem absolutley useless, on;y serving to create bigger targets, and a landing pad for enemies utilizing crushing damage. Now, the Incen makes a bit more sense, as he slams down the wings in it's special ability, but can't that be reworked to jumping, then slamming down onto the ground hard, or slamming the ground with it's arms? For the G2 Raider, I see no reason for the inclusion of wings. Grenadier? No reason for it. What do you guys think?

• EM1O and Onstrava like this

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Yup. Doesn't seem like it'd be hard to make the "arm" parts optional on C's that don't need it, arm parts are optional on all the A's.
I get the feeling Cs/turret mode in general was sort of haphazardly planned by ADH. Because they started to backpedal on it eventually.

I'd love to see some Cs without the "wings," that'd look neat.

Edited by (TDM) DeeRax, 10 July 2015 - 02:16 PM.

• EM1O likes this

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

i personally love the wings, and even if they were removed the hit box would stay the same, as for their presence they are used in the turret mode of the C classes that still have it. though i think it would be interesting to have them be optional like the A class, i feel it would look silly.

• HepTagoN likes this

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

I meant just make 'em optional for the Cs that don't have a turret mode.
*Not that G2R doesn't look awesome with it's wings in front of it when you blitz. Dem turkeys.

I remember a thread awhile back that suggested all the Cs get a unique ability IN ADDITION to a default turret mode. I like this idea a lot, if it can be balanced correctly.

Edited by (TDM) DeeRax, 10 July 2015 - 02:26 PM.

• diablo878 and Hek_naw like this

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

the wings have been in since day one, i think they should stay 

• Miscellaneous and HepTagoN like this

We Can Dance If We Want To     

OTWsig2.jpg

ES3lMRu.png?1

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

i suggested this long ago. didn't chage anything under ADH, i doubt it will now. on a different note, one of the very first impressions i had about Hawken was "These are the goofiest top-heavy looking things with little bitty legs." The language i used was a little more non-PC, but you get the idea.

I actually had a mental image of Moses and company shlepping across the desert packing their stuff on their backs....  :woot:

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

C-Class, and indeed all mech "arms" are not part of the hitbox.

• Kopra and DeeRax like this

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

G2R needs some damage reduction with its wings down.

Yes please

SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

G2R needs some damage reduction with its wings down.

In Fractured Space, a ship called the Reaper has shields that only cover its sides to protect from flankers and let it focus on its primary target. I could see the G2R having something similar. More importantly though...

#SaveTheWings

• Miscellaneous likes this

cUB1aCW.jpg?2

Sp3ctrr

Sp3ctrr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Lets be honest, the generic quadrupedal dual armed mecha is just too mainstreamed.

A butt-massive robot with two giant bullet shields hanging over it's head is pretty unique, something that makes you instantly recognise the style.

"Oh! That must be a mech from HAWKEN!"

• Miscellaneous, Meraple, LaurenEmily and 2 others like this

Welcome_To_The_Enclave.png

Spoiler

HepTagoN

HepTagoN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Dont u dare mess with my sexy fat grenadier. It would look terrible without those big flappy ears/arms. Theyre great.

For what reason an elephant has got trunk? Not start so rapidly. Same goes with C fatties.

• Meraple, MomOw and nepacaka like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users