- - - - - PhysX Extra Video mode

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

PalmtreesUSA

PalmtreesUSA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

So I down load Hawkens for the PhysX only to find they have taken out the good stuff...  I think for us high end guys you should leave in the good PhysX stuff. Just make it an option to load into the library video.   You have more than enough PC's now that have high end gaming to put in the good turbulence physX stuff.   

There are lots of  GTX970 & 980 running now that can handle the turbulence stuff. 

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

I think optimisation should be considered first. This game on a GTX 970 is not getting me above 50 fps in a fight with most settings on high.

But yes, PhysX makes everything pretty

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

*Sigh* You can have a Graphics card that costs more than the average gaming PC and even now not experience 100% smooth gameplay. I have confirmed it.

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

It can't possibly have anything to do with making a game that works on hundreds of different video cards, processors, monitor resolutions, operating systems... etc., etc., etc.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

KaBLoS

KaBLoS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Wrrr Grrrr i have uninstall , install , unistall and install new drivers , because i think my gtx 780 is the fault ... It's You !!!!!!!!!

KaBLoS

KaBLoS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

You have take my eye candy !!!!!!!

PalmtreesUSA

PalmtreesUSA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Well after playing PS2 I have worked out most of the Nvidia bugs..   Firstoff PhysX max FPS is 60 without desyncing from DirectX its is like having two separate cards in one card. 

Next if you have shader cache on it will cause hitching in PhysX and DirectX  you have to have shader cacher off in the main driver menu to stop hitching.

And for us high end guys we have  6 CPU's and I can run in the 100+ FPS in most games.   Turning on PhysX is an auto stop at 60 FPS your not going to see some 100 or 80 FPS.. it is not set up that way.   PhysX runs between 10 - 60 FPS sorry guys that is how Nvidia has it set up. 

Turn off all AA, set frames to 1 only, Clamp to off, Aocd = off, fxxa = off.  The graphics are so good in the games now you don't need trilinear filters turned on, it slows up the V-card... !  sync = off also.   Set the card to high power use.  Set it to performance.   I have zero lag in Hawken     You just have to set up the V-cards in the manual mode.  And only install the PhysX driver and Video driver... nothing else of Nvidia.   If you install the other driver stuff it will cut you PC speed.    Hope this helps you guys. 

Once you get the V-card setup correct PhysX runs great....!  Even in the turbulence with APEX  Library and particles Library. 

Edited by PalmtreesUSA, 14 August 2015 - 08:14 PM.

• Nachoeslach likes this

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
Wow. I feel bad for you Nvidia guys because on my 7770 i sat between 40-50 fps, on my r9 270 i only dropped below 40 fps on those rediculously large matches. I actually had to frame cap the game. And now on my r7 260x OC i don't drop below 40 and stay pretty well around 50 which plenty of instamces above 65. Honestly. PhysX should be removed. There are better physics based particle solutions that don't bog the system down and don't alienate a quarter of the user base.

Now. Do I get wild variations in FPS? Yes. However, I only notice it when my FPS vounter is running. Last Eco is the worst in this regard with PROSK being a close second and Shipwreck and bunker being the smoothest.

Edit: Are optimizations needed? Of course. But not on a scale some people claim. The issue that I see is that people set themselves up for dissapointment. buying cards above $200 is a sure way to do that. Buying a Titan Z or a Fury is only going to do that. It's not future proofing when you do that. It's going to upset you to know that your $400 card is only going to be as good in 5 years as a $150 card and the guy buying a $150 every 3 years is going to spend less than the guy buying the $400 card every 5 uears. When you spend $150 you will be nothing but surprised.

Edited by BaronSaturday, 15 August 2015 - 10:18 PM.

Technician | Fear the Beam | Support
Welcome to the End of Days
KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

More than an hour and a half of gameplay in Hawken with AMD FX-8350 and Radeon R9 280x and fps gets cut in half. 

Would like the optimizations for performance to be priority over adding back cool doodads for nvidia users.

• Draigun likes this

Axe-Attack Check us out! Stream I stream spasmodically.

TPG Hawken Admin.

TPG 3 has concluded! If you are interested in participating in TPG Season 4 gather a group and form a team or try and join an existing team! Stay tuned to the forums for updates on the details of TPG Season 4.

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

I think optimisation should be considered first. This game on a GTX 970 is not getting me above 50 fps in a fight with most settings on high.

With a 970 I can keep this game around 60 pretty comfortably with the graphics cranked to 11. What CPU are you running?

Also, this game seems to hate AMD cpus, especially Piledriver chips. Bulldozer seems to do better than Piledriver despite being a generation behind.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

I have an AMD.  It's an MSI N780 6GB.  It runs this (and every other game I've tried) like a champ at maximum quality.  I've never had one single sign that it is having a problem - just go into game settings and turn everything up to maximum and play.  My FPS are always equal to what the game mfg. says is possible.  I even use 3 monitors all the time and it doesn't show any signs of stress.  I don't overclock or anything.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Derpy Hooves

Derpy Hooves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

So I down load Hawkens for the PhysX only to find they have taken out the good stuff...  I think for us high end guys you should leave in the good PhysX stuff. Just make it an option to load into the library video.   You have more than enough PC's now that have high end gaming to put in the good turbulence physX stuff.   

There are lots of  GTX970 & 980 running now that can handle the turbulence stuff. 

I have all but 5 words for you on the PhysX in the game, and this is coming having a 980 Ti has a dedicated PhysX card.

Particle Fountains of Fuzzy Mare

No PhysX = 180~200 fps with a hybrid Fury X/980 Ti PhysX built

w/ PhysX = 38~72 fps same build as above

PhysX needs toned down severely before it can become usable other wise you get what I loveingly call PFoFM, not only do you get the fountains but the fountains take up so much screen space and are so dam bright there's no point in having it on in the first place.

• TheFrostnessMonster likes this

tTIViUr.png

Superkamikazee

Superkamikazee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

i5 3570k, gtx 760, all settings max, phys x on, 60 fps. few dips into the 50's here and there, but nothing jarring. 

No crew

TheFrostnessMonster

TheFrostnessMonster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

I have all but 5 words for you on the PhysX in the game, and this is coming having a 980 Ti has a dedicated PhysX card.

Particle Fountains of Fuzzy Mare

No PhysX = 180~200 fps with a hybrid Fury X/980 Ti PhysX built

w/ PhysX = 38~72 fps same build as above

PhysX needs toned down severely before it can become usable other wise you get what I loveingly call PFoFM, not only do you get the fountains but the fountains take up so much screen space and are so dam bright there's no point in having it on in the first place.

Yeah, I have a 960 and it runs really well with Physx turned off, but when it is on it eats my PC alive.

+1 because Derpy is cute.

CRT master race... No questions allowed.

Period.

Derpy Hooves

Derpy Hooves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Yeah, I have a 960 and it runs really well with Physx turned off, but when it is on it eats my PC alive.

+1 because Derpy is cute.

IKR, anytime I turn physx on it's purely for screenshots only, any other time it's not feasable to be used in a multiplayer match. Actual ingame matches have PhysX loads of around 1.5~1.7 million particles, which is simply way to much. For an actual ingame play rate it should be around 120k to 140k particles.

tTIViUr.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PhysX, Extra Video mode

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users