- - - - - Physx

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

JediMasterJones

JediMasterJones

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Bring back Nvidia physx please i just installed the game log in strat playing and boom no physx anymore why has this been removed. bring it back. put Nvidia gameworks in it.

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

PhysX was removed because of serious performance issues. I'm not entirely sure if it will return. 

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

Man, how long has it been since you played Hawken last?  The "PhysX" have been gone for... years.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Considering the amount of complaints they get about performance I doubt they are going to work on bringing back something that kills performance. The old PhysX effects were great for videos and tech demos but not practical to use during real gameplay were framerate is more important. They were removed because they required an old version of physx to work and were unstable, bringing them back would take more work then just flipping a switch they would all probably have to be remade.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2017 Is Going To Be A Great Year For HAWKEN!

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

JediMasterJones

JediMasterJones

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

well that's just great I like the realists affects. I like this game but I came back online to see if the destruction PhysX got added apparently not. 

Yummi_Kitteh

Yummi_Kitteh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

well that's just great I like the realists affects. I like this game but I came back online to see if the destruction PhysX got added apparently not. 

Map destruction physics is just too much for any modern GPU to handle, PhysX was removed because the old devs (Adhesive Games), even after nerfing it's effects, still had a very major drain on performance, on anything less than a GTX 980/Ti/Titan X. PhysX itself is being slowly phased out with GameWorks, since APEX which Hawken uses now, is a much faster, more efficient form of the old PhysX code, it's software based, not hardware based like PhysX was.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

It wasn't just because of performance drains that the destructible walls and floors were removed.  What was happening (back in early 2012 mind you, in pre-alpha) was that within a few minutes of starting a match, there was no cover left and no obstacles between opponents.  Every spawn was camp-able... every objective was exposed.  Simple fact was, it ruined the match.  It quickly became nothing but sniping and dodging at long range and sniper spawn-camping.

So, there was no real reason for Adhesive to bother chasing down performance enhancements for a feature that made the game bad.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Physx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users