• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Get_Mechd

Get_Mechd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Good day, Pilots!

I've been playing this game for about 2 weeks or so, and I've been enjoying it so much I decided to record and make a lil' montage, after playing for about 12 hours straight to get footage, I ended up with a very long montage :confused:  I wanted to use most of the good/decent clips though.

I also thought this video would make a good introduction to the Hawken community, nice to meet ya'll  :ninja: the name's Addy  :pirate: Gonna be 25 this October

So the footage was 9 hours of game-play stopping only on deaths and matchmaking, filtered out at least 75% of the clips to make the final product 11:04 mins, sorry if it's too long you don't have to watch it all, I suggest skipping to 3-4 mins if you're not interested in spending that much time watching, and sorry if you don't like the music  :whistling: 

And sorry if the editing is too much on the eyes!  :sweat: 

Oh and sorry if the quality goes terrible (if you're having issues with all 3 you're gonna hate this video lol) it does that when I move quickly/lots of explosions, it does that frequently and I think its the recording software (OBS) because I have tried every resolution/fps/graphics combo and alas, I have failed to no avail   :wallbash:

Ok I'll stop rambling about the technical, here's the vid:

Ok now back to the technical stuff :tongue: I was climbing from about 1600 MMR in this video.

The video features about 30 clips in total. I chose the clips that had the most substance and "story" or just clips with really good aim/killstreaks, you can tell there are some nooby mistakes in my game-play I have only been playing for 2 weeks and tbh I've been playing on and off but I will be playing more often. All the clips are solo team deathmatch.

All fight scenes are real/normal time except for about 3 or 4 fight scenes, mostly running/repairs are sped up, some fighting scenes may look sped up but i shake my aim to spread bullets. Some scenes are slowed down near the end of a kill for effect.

Spoiler

My In-Game name is Get Mechd (My new account is on 1638 MMR) feel free to add me!

Any constructive criticism and feedback is greatly appreciated!

Oh, and this is my cat Night:
claws%20out%20night.jpg

Thank you for watching!  :wub: 

Ciao  :thumbsup:

Addy

Programs

Edited with Sony Vegas 13.

Recorded with Open Broadcast Software. (Never again I think)

Music (In order of appearance):

His World (Crush 40 version)

Trivium - Strife

In Flames - Man Made God

Edited by Get_Mechd, 14 August 2015 - 08:58 AM.

Knowledge70

Knowledge70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

inb4 "Assault too OP and no-one should ever montage with it" :teehee:

Seriously though. Aside from the issues you mentioned (the quality isn't that bad) this video had some nice tactical decisions? and TOW shots.

(Space reserved for GIF)

I'm optimistic.

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

The cat picture really made the OP shine.

Overall it was a pretty nice montage - Also before I forget, what are your computer specs?

If you keep quality problems you can also submit a log to the obs forums and they might be able to help

Spoiler

Get_Mechd

Get_Mechd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

inb4 "Assault too OP and no-one should ever montage with it" :teehee:

Seriously though. Aside from the issues you mentioned (the quality isn't that bad) this video had some nice tactical decisions? and TOW shots.

(Space reserved for GIF)

Thanks! Yes I feel the Assault is quite OP but maybe it's cos I feel comfortable playing it so I'm not sure (I die often though), I've only played reaper and sharpshooter and disliked them both, sadly I don't think I'll be any good at Hawken without the Assault :(

The cat picture really made the OP shine.

Overall it was a pretty nice montage - Also before I forget, what are your computer specs?

If you keep quality problems you can also submit a log to the obs forums and they might be able to help

Thanks bro, I downloaded Camtasia and gonna try it out today, my specs are: 

Intel Core i5-4690K CPU

MSI NVIDIA GTX 970 4GB Graphics Card
Mod 1150 ASUS Z97-A ATX Motherboard
WD 2 TB - Black HDD
Samsung 250 GB SSD
16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM
600W Corsair CXM Power Supply
Cooler Master RR-212E-16PK-R1
NZXT Source 340 Midi-Tower Case - Black

^ I built her around 3 weeks ago, first build, feel exactly like a new father.  :wub:  (I think lol) ^

And if you liked Night: http://s84.photobuck...?sort=3&page=1 :yes:

Cheers  :pirate:

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

hey i like obs performance/quality and being open source is +++ for its future but i gotta suggest for quick, light, easy, and mega fast try out bandicam and fiddle with the settings per http://www.bandicam....when_recording/i get great filesize with almost 0 fps drop but i only record in small chunks since ive a small drive and only record suspected cheaters at my full framerate for scrutinising the footage.  

so after installing bandicam i disabled: fps limit hotkey, fps overlay hotkey(leaving overlay box checked so you see if its recording or not easily),image capture hotkey, then in record settings under video tab  i unchecked every checkbox in every tab (especialy uncheck record audio)except the final one (use enhanced capture method) and set the priority to normal instead of highest. finaly in format settings i changed codec to motion jpeg, (quality 10, fps 60, these two are specialy for finding aimbotters for me you likely want quality higher and fps lower) audio is pcm mono 22050. this has 0 impact on my play performance wether recording or not and my pc isnt the greatest, and my 300 gigabyte hard drive has 90 free for me to record on so i feel i have the best of both worlds. other recording apps didnt work out for me like OBS was closest until i descided to accept bandicam even though i dont have access to all its workings because of the performance for my situation. OBS was good on file size and features but had a slight frame drop. dxtory was the same issue and though i can probably search for the cause and fix it on these feature rich programs bandicam just works out of the box perfectly for my gaming rig

Edited by MechFighter5e3bf9, 28 October 2015 - 10:58 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: montage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users