Photo

Attention Admins: Call-sign correction requested, one letter only!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

PD22

PD22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

I have an account with a spelling/grammatical error.  It can be corrected by deleting one letter.  Is there assistance for this Hawken assist leader with over 900 hours of game-play?  I shall await your kind response.  Thank you!

Edited by PD22, 15 August 2015 - 08:03 PM.

• JeffMagnum and comic_sans like this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

hawken.zendesk.com

But I can answer for them:

No.

Also wts man you're like 1900 why do you have multiple accounts?

• PD22 likes this

PD22

PD22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Amidatelion,

I bet you're right.  Seems like a long shot, but thought I would ask.  I don't use the other account much, but when I do, it's to test out some of the mechs I'm not that good with.  I really can't seem to make the CRT or the assault work for me in a match.  I would also love to be better with the reaper, but can't get that to work either.

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Amidatelion,

I bet you're right.  Seems like a long shot, but thought I would ask.  I don't use the other account much, but when I do, it's to test out some of the mechs I'm not that good with.  I really can't seem to make the CRT or the assault work for me in a match.  I would also love to be better with the reaper, but can't get that to work either.

Amid's bein' lame and I'm sure they'll fix your callsign if you ask nicely. You seem like a cool guy from this post and others though so I'd be down to help you out with your Assault/CRT and Reaper play in some 1v1s if you'd like. 

• LoC_TR likes this

d1eZeG3.png

PD22

PD22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Jeff, that's really nice of you.  I'd be up for that.  Seems like with your help plus what I already know, I could eventually shake whatever my CRT doesn't like about me.

Edited by PD22, 15 August 2015 - 10:13 PM.

kaiserschmarrn_

kaiserschmarrn_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

The devs would probably do something about it, but to be honest, that is one of the worst excuses for smurfing I have ever heard.

Also you f*cked up by asking on this account.

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

The devs would probably do something about it, but to be honest, that is one of the worst excuses for smurfing I have ever heard.

Also you f*cked up by asking on this account.

Not like YOU don't have another account, tho.

(edit: nor me either, yes, yes, I know)

Edited by Call_Me_Ishmael, 16 August 2015 - 05:34 AM.

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

kaiserschmarrn_

kaiserschmarrn_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Not like YOU don't have another account, tho.

(edit: nor me either, yes, yes, I know)

Er... what?

I created meatmissile_ before reloaded owned the game when I had no way to reclaim the password info for Mac_n_Steez after losing it. 

He created his account because he was bad at playing certain mechs.

Even someone with only 2 brain cells to rub together would't arrive at the conclusion that these were similar in any way.

Edit: Forgot to include that by the time I got back my info for Mac_n_Steez, Meatmissile_ already had a higher MMR. In a way, returning to Mac_n_Steez was smurfing.

Edited by meatmissile_, 16 August 2015 - 05:57 AM.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Amid's bein' lame and I'm sure they'll fix your callsign if you ask nicely. You seem like a cool guy from this post and others though so I'd be down to help you out with your Assault/CRT and Reaper play in some 1v1s if you'd like. 

Nope. Only name changes allowed are for offensive names.

• kaiserschmarrn_ likes this

kaiserschmarrn_

kaiserschmarrn_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

AKA I have a free ticket to a second Mac_n_Steez(as I like that name better).

PD22

PD22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Oh really? One of the worst excuses you've ever heard?  Pleaz....  So I should have another account only if I want to hide, hackbot my friends and spoil everyone's fun?  I'm not hiding anything at all, so why shouldn't I ask right here?

With the second account I've just separated my strengths from my weaknesses, and found a way to improve at a comfortable pace.

Edited by PD22, 16 August 2015 - 02:14 PM.

kaiserschmarrn_

kaiserschmarrn_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Oh really? One of the worst excuses you've ever heard?  Pleaz....  So I should have another account only if I want to hide, hackbot my friends and spoil everyone's fun?  I'm not hiding anything at all, so why shouldn't I ask right here?

With the second account I've just separated my strengths from my weaknesses, and found a way to improve at a comfortable pace.

Frowns disapprovingly.

I'm not sure if you know the real reasons people smurf...

PD22

PD22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Why would I know?  I just know my own, and that's enough.  No big deal.

Edited by PD22, 16 August 2015 - 09:59 PM.

kaiserschmarrn_

kaiserschmarrn_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Why would I know?  I just know my own, and that's enough.  No big deal.

Your reason is not a reason.

Real reasons to smurf include losing access to your previous account, being unable to play because of MMR restrictions, and being unable to play with friends.

Your reason is very VERY weak.

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Is this a new policy? What about Elite's or the people who wanted their clan tags removed?

d1eZeG3.png

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts
Elite's is a brand new acct I believe and the only leftover clan tag when Reloaded took over was Arch's in chat and that was a bug.

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

The clan tags were removed before the great silence, but you would have to remove and re-add someone for the change to show up if you had one of those players on friends list.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Elite's is a brand new acct I believe and the only leftover clan tag when Reloaded took over was Arch's in chat and that was a bug.

EliteShooter doesn't exist on Herokuapp and Elite_is_salty has a ton of playtime for being a new account though. I'm not trying to be a fuzzy bunny, but I'm curious as to what Reloaded's actual policy on this is. 

Edited by JeffMagnum, 17 August 2015 - 01:35 PM.

d1eZeG3.png

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts
Huh, I stand corrected.

Every time I have ever seen a name change request Ash's answer has been "No."

phed

phed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Elite' name change is special, it still shows as EliteShooter in my friends list, though in matches it's Elite_is_salty or Elite, or whatever it is currently...

People just need to make up thier minds and stop being so flighty
  • Amidatelion likes this

Ashfire908

Ashfire908

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Elite' name change is special, it still shows as EliteShooter in my friends list, though in matches it's Elite_is_salty or Elite, or whatever it is currently...

The callsign is cached when you add someone to your friends list. If the callsign is changed later, it doesn't update in the friends list unless you unfriend and refriend them.
Creator of ScrimBot and other community tools.

[kloeri] And we're done for now with all the rebooting.. except for a single server that will be rebooted when it's done pretending it's a tree.

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

What if I told you that I regret my callsign change? I wish it was something like E1337

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Apparently thats not even the case.  It seems you have to have both an offensive username AND have an unknown number of people report it, cause theres still people around with offensive names that I've reported.

[DELETED]

fuzzy bunny you CZeroFive 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users