• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

I updated to new AMD drivers about 2 weeks ago and instantly started getting issues with stuttering or frame buffering or something (I don't know all the fandancy words to describe this crap.).  In Hawken on low graphics/low textures and no physx i was getting an extremely variable framerate from 20-80 FPS; this was using the stat fps thing.  Streaming or recording had little effect on the crap framerate since it was so crap anyway.

Yesterday I rolled back my drivers.  and BOOM 120-140 FPS.  Streamed at 720 30 FPS, faster encoding, 2200 bitrate and it never dipped below 100 frames.

Moral of the story:  AMD's new driver is probably designed for their r9 3xx series and Windows 10 or something and fuzzy bunnyed up my 290 on win8.1.

• eth0 and CraftyDus like this

khn3gAi.jpg?1CitkI9t.jpgGkp2fB7.jpg

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

You've been suffering from it for a while, I'm really happy you solved the problem.

It sucks when you can't get your game right, let alone have crippling performance issues all of a sudden like that.

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Which driver version is that you jrolled back to, just the most recent?

Pubstomping is a whole different strategic discussion, however, and usually just becomes an exploration of the ethics of dumpstering randos.

UYoy63i.png

Why mech game make when you no mech game have you don't want to make? 

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

It rolled back to a driver dated from like december 2014.

khn3gAi.jpg?1CitkI9t.jpgGkp2fB7.jpg

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
You updated to the wrong one. All r9 200 series drivers exclude the 290 and 290x drivers. You have to get those specifically. If that's what you're using. Always hunt down your graphics drivers manually. Don't use the auto update or auto detect unless you don't know what to look for. Also, did you get them from the AMD site or the manufacturer site? (Sapphire excluded of course)

Edited by BaronSaturday, 23 August 2015 - 02:24 AM.

Technician | Fear the Beam | Support
Welcome to the End of Days
KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amd, drivers, dafuq

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users