• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

i got this rebooting after my temperature monitor software sent a false 256degC shutdown alarm last night:

cVPv5vu.png

ok.

so i following past procedures, as listed in Sigma Omega's Technical help forum thread, with different combos, and sequences (reinstalling steam and Hawken, too. what an ordeal)

nothing but the same damnation as above.

here's what just fixed it, as i never noticed the big green AMD Software compatibility "eyeball":

i downloaded and reistalled DirectX 9.0c

3 minutes. omfg. after all this.

problem solved.

so before you go throwing the amd out the window if you are unfortunate enough to be on limited funds, try the D9 thingy.

good luck, have fun, good night.

YMMV

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

KOS_Baconman

KOS_Baconman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Solution: NVIDIA FOR THE WIN

other than that I have aboslutely no technological intellect regarding this.

Edited by BaconOverLord, 19 October 2015 - 05:45 PM.

• EM1O likes this

What if we just give some bacon paint, some bacon holo-emotes and change Bunker from snow to bacon.

This way, everyone will be happy.

What you should really do, is replace your parts with bacon, so you can cook games and eat bacon

Obviously the wallpaper would be cooler if bacon was incorporated into it.

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

unfortunately, BA, some of us can't afford GPU cards that cost more than a month's rent--i scavenge eBay, Amazon, 3 different hock shops, etc, and it's the best many folks can do. Actually, i am looking for a cheap "obselete" nVidia card to show up in one of these locations--it's coming the time that a lot of really good boxes are gonna get dumped by contract or lease franchises as technology spins it up a little more, and they'll have contents worth the effort of hunting.

condition is, i don't need it--yet.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: launch, gpu, reinstall, crash, amd, fix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users