4 replies to this topic

Neraste

Neraste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Hi all

I've experienced tonight a strange crash of the game. It all started I run out of space in my user disk (my user disk is separated from my system one, yes it is not that common) because of video recording. Not sure if it helps, but after that, I was disconnected by Meteor servers and became unable to connect again, saying something like:

"Connexion unavailable

all running on"

Or something. Then I quited the game and was unable to launch it again. Same after reboot: I just get a standard Windows error message, saying the game has just crashed.

By analyzing the Launch.log, it reads:

Log: Log file open, 03/25/15 22:04:59
Init: WinSock: version 1.1 (2.2), MaxSocks=32767, MaxUdp=65467
Log:  ... running in INSTALLED mode
Log: Setting paths for Default config files - prev:..\..\HawkenGame\Config\BackupDefaultEngine.ini  current:..\..\HawkenGame\Config\DefaultEngine.ini
Log: Setting generated file to ..\..\HawkenGame\Config\HawkenEngine.ini
Log: Detected key removed [Configuration] BackupVersion
Log: === Critical error: ===
Fatal error!

Time is GMT+2.

In UE3AutoReponrtIniDump****.txt, it reads at the end:

Log:    [Configuration]
Log: 

Log:    [IniVersion]
Log:    0=1409826153.000000
Log:    1=1409826284.000000
Log: 

Log: Log file closed, 03/25/15 22:04:59

And in BackupDefaultEngine.ini conf file, for [Configuration], I just got:

[Configuration]
BackupVersion=2

According to logs, something is wrong with Configuration parameters. So I just commented the second line and I was able to start again the game. Only language and music parameters have been back to default ones.

Do you know what was going on?

hkn_sign_mdh_by_neraste-d8oyzgq.pnghkn_sign_lgbt_by_neraste-d8oyzga.png

LadyTiggs

LadyTiggs

Super Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

I'll let Josh and Ash know about this, maybe they can chime in or pass along some Tech advice.  Running out of disk space will crash any game. 

~~Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!!~~

hendman

hendman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

A common fix for Hawken not starting anymore after it crashed, is to let Hawken recreate the default ini-files as desribed in step 3 of this thread: https://community.pl...unching-hawken/

• SS396 likes this

Neraste

Neraste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Running out of disk space will crash any game. 

It shouldn't, indeed. But what if the game was writing on config files when there was no space left? The main exception triggered was about a file not found; sorry it's on a part of Launch.log file I've forgotten to post:

TSet<TMapBase<FName,FString,1,FDefaultSetAllocator>::FPair,TMapBase<FName,FString,1,FDefaultSetAllocator>::KeyFuncs,FDefaultSetAllocator>::RemoveKey() Address = 0x12b9056  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Hawken\Binaries\Win32\HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe]
FConfigSectionComparisonResults::ApplyChanges() Address = 0x134564d  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Hawken\Binaries\Win32\HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe]
FConfigFileComparisonResults::ApplyChanges() Address = 0x1349637  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Hawken\Binaries\Win32\HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe]
appCheckIniForOutdatedness() Address = 0x134bf5e  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Hawken\Binaries\Win32\HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe]
FMallocThreadSafeProxy::Malloc() Address = 0x1e97b76  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Hawken\Binaries\Win32\HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe]
GSystemSettingsIni() Address = 0x290b1e8  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Hawken\Binaries\Win32\HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe]
Address = 0x4ff470   (filename not found) 

Neraste

Neraste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Thank you for your help all. But the game does launch already. Commenting this line made the game able to launch and i figure it did some cleaning in config files itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users