• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

GMKGoat

GMKGoat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

The subject of internals was brought up on the community TeamSpeak during one of capnjosh's streams this week so I thought I'd make a thread to discuss the system and possible improvements. So lets get into it.

What do you think about the current Internals?

Specifically, what do you think about the Air Compressor, and even more specifically, the fact that it's locked to Pilot Level 21?

One of the things brought up during the streamed discussion was an internal that changed the 180 into a backdash. What do you think about that?

Any other Internal suggestions?

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

I like air compressor, I was also never around pre-ac meta though. Locking to level 21 is fine, because it helps you learn how to play not having it at your disposal.

Turning the 180 into a backdash... You have my interest. That seems like it would at least be a bit more useful, has potential to shake up "the dance" as well, for better or worse.

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

Isaac_Shepard

Isaac_Shepard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

hmm... i am not so sure that the backdash should be a component, but rather a choice. maybe in the garage, you could have a switch that allows you to choose between the back-dash or the 180.

ZombieBiscuit

ZombieBiscuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

The thing that came up most with the backdash was Raider ability and backdash. If it was just an option it might seem a little too powerful with that. So personally I think it fits the style of internal better.

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Yeah back dash sounds good but I think 180 should stay .... Maybe make the air 180 internal transform ur 180 into a back dash? If this makes sense.... Yeah XD

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

I miss the internals from early open beta, the ones that gave a bonus and took something away.

Air compressor, I've never liked it.  I know that a lot of pilots like it for the extra movement options it brings, but I never felt it fit with the Hawken world.

Back dash...  no way.  Part of the skill depth of Hawken is proper positioning and knowing when to push (or not push).  Adding in the ability to quickly back out of a bad situation you just put yourself in takes away from that depth. (This also happens to be a topic that has come up a lot in the past and has been generally voted down by the community at the time).

Edited by bacon_avenger, 21 March 2015 - 01:41 AM.

• Grollourdo, Meraple and hashms0a like this

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

I miss the internals from early open beta, the ones that gave a bonus and took something away.

Air compressor, I've never liked it. I know that a lot of pilots like it for the extra movement options it brings, but I never felt it fit with the Hawken world.

Back dash... no way. Part of the skill depth of Hawken is proper positioning and knowing when to push (or not push). Adding in the ability to quickly back out of a bad situation you just put yourself in takes away from that depth. (This also happens to be a topic that has come up a lot in the past and has been generally voted down by the community at the time).

Yeah good point ... Yeah I like he ones in early beta too ...

Hmmmm.... Lol

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

Tankman95

Tankman95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

With the fixed turning speed the 180 is IMO a needed feature. Turning manually around takes a lot time in comparison.

About the air compressor and internals and items in general, I think it should be split up. Like you have 3 item slots apart from the internal slots.

But I'd rather like to see a comeback of the skillpoint system!

"I loved Battlestar Galactica. Chewbacca was my favorite Klingon in it."

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Yeah ...

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

With the fixed turning speed the 180 is IMO a needed feature. Turning manually around takes a lot time in comparison.

This is already in the game, boost/dodge modifier key and back will do a quick 180 when on the ground.

But I'd rather like to see a comeback of the skillpoint system!

The one that was in place for the ascension patch? Oh please no. That system was broken from the get-go.

Locking it behind levels was a classic example of vertical progression (this is bad for a skill based FPS), and making it only positive gains and no disadvantages just made things worse.

Edited by bacon_avenger, 21 March 2015 - 03:01 AM.

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
The reason why I don't use 180 is cuz every time I use it I get disoriented ... So yeah I should start using it .... It comes in handy but I just need to learn how to harness it ....

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

Tankman95

Tankman95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

This is already in the game, boost/dodge modifier key and back will do a quick 180 when on the ground.

Yeah that's what I mean. removing it or replace it is bad, because (at least I) need it :D

"I loved Battlestar Galactica. Chewbacca was my favorite Klingon in it."

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Yeah that's what I mean. removing it or replace it is bad, because (at least I) need it :D

Oh ghods no, I don't want to see it removed either, it's a basic movement ability!  :smile:

Sorry, I apparently misread your post.  I blame it being 3AM for me.

cs5t805.png?2

Dinre

Dinre

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

I would personally like internals best if they were all dramatic customizations.

I also wouldn't mind if the gameplay options were chosen by installing internals.  Change your targetting logic by swapping an internal.  Change your controls by setting up internals.  Basically, I guess I'm saying that I really like MechWarrior's approach to customizing a mech, where all your decisions feel like they matter.  And it's super fun to tweak a mech to my play style.  It would also give me a reason to own multiples of the same mech, instead of just clogging my garage and annoying me...

Please don't hate me for loving MechWarrior.  I have enough love for Hawken, too!  =p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users