54 replies to this topic

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

Mergaz,

Even if it were just 'log in and change a parameter' it would require an official act by Reloaded.  Ashfire was proposing something from the community only, something the community could do without any ability to modify/configure the Reloaded-owned servers.

Do you see the distinction?  One requires an official act (maybe not a patch).  The other is just users figuring out how to use the system from the outside.  Black-box vs. white-box, if you will.

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

Ashfire908

Ashfire908

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

This idea sounds really cool, but I feel like there is a much easier solution to this problem:

Put up servers that ignore MMR and make sure the match making ignores them, so you have to use the server browser to get there.

I mean, that's essentially what you are trying to do right? Get a bunch of people together regardless of their MMR?

There's already mmr-unlocked servers, and i don't think they get very much usage. I think you'd have to coordinate with people on TS or the forums or something to get a match going on one of those. Granted, there's no server specifically for just PUGs, there's only fight club or mayhem or the like. Maybe a set of pug servers could be set up, but I still think trying to coordinate joining these servers is gonna not work out without something akin to a matchmaker.
Creator of ScrimBot and other community tools.

[kloeri] And we're done for now with all the rebooting.. except for a single server that will be rebooted when it's done pretending it's a tree.

Mergaz

Mergaz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

There's already mmr-unlocked servers, and i don't think they get very much usage. I think you'd have to coordinate with people on TS or the forums or something to get a match going on one of those. Granted, there's no server specifically for just PUGs, there's only fight club or mayhem or the like. Maybe a set of pug servers could be set up, but I still think trying to coordinate joining these servers is gonna not work out without something akin to a matchmaker.

DMs do not need the principle of MM to work. Something easy and fast ... For easy reference by interested players just put on top of the highlight list for your visualization is easy. Place an option to find a game without MMR in MM could not be done by hotfix?

Edited by Mergaz, 29 March 2015 - 09:30 AM.

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

What is the status of this project?  FINISH IT A$$FIRE.  WE NEED YOU TO SAVE US FROM THE SMURFAGEDDON

• DerMax, Kindos7, Hyginos and 2 others like this

khn3gAi.jpg?1CitkI9t.jpgGkp2fB7.jpg

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

HepTagoN

HepTagoN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Havent noticed this at first place. That is great idea, Ashfire, surely its hard to do some serious project after hours, but i think every player would be most happy to hear these news. Number of posts here is just fraction of real interested players, majority just overlooked it, for sure

Ashfire908

Ashfire908

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Havent noticed this at first place. That is great idea, Ashfire, surely its hard to do some serious project after hours, but i think every player would be most happy to hear these news. Number of posts here is just fraction of real interested players, majority just overlooked it, for sure

What's been stopping it is that scrimbot needs a complete rewrite to allow for something like this, not lack of interest.

Edit: Also tiggs ban poop for necroing plz kthx

Edited by Ashfire908, 22 September 2015 - 07:23 AM.

• DerMax, crockrocket, Amidatelion and 4 others like this
Creator of ScrimBot and other community tools.

[kloeri] And we're done for now with all the rebooting.. except for a single server that will be rebooted when it's done pretending it's a tree.

KirkGoneWild

KirkGoneWild

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Love this idea! Roll with it!

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Replace "men" with "exciting times for Hawken" and you have the theme music for this thread.

Special thanks to Team Handsome for starring in this video.

8) Tech in the streets, Brawler in the sheets (8

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Start a kickstarter to pay for ash to develop scrimbot.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Start a kickstarter to pay for ash to develop scrimbot.

Make an exciting new skin - something simple like bright-ass neon green (the type of skin that covers the entire mech, not the other BS kind that only covers portions) - and have an introductory 72-hour 50% off sale with all proceeds going to Scrimbot during that period.

Or a thruster that shoots out dollar signs when activated.

• PoopSlinger, DisorderlyMechanic, comic_sans and 2 others like this

8) Tech in the streets, Brawler in the sheets (8

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Make an exciting new skin - something simple like bright-ass neon green (the type of skin that covers the entire mech, not the other BS kind that only covers portions) - and have an introductory 72-hour 50% off sale with all proceeds going to Scrimbot during that period.

Or a thruster that shoots out dollar signs when activated.

tumblr_inline_mlgjxy2KjX1qz4rgp.gif

• JeffMagnum, eth0 and TheButtSatisfier like this

phed

phed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
I was reading through this like wow, what a great idea, oh.... march,

maybe they necro for update, I'll be patient and read the whole thing...

oh, technical debt.
  • 1uster likes this

DisorderlyMechanic

DisorderlyMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

How will this new scrim bot feature deal with different regions? 

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Still sounds like as good a idea as when I first read it in March. Keep at it.

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

o hey a thread that should've been necroed, good job poop

Maybe a set of pug servers could be set up, but I still think trying to coordinate joining these servers is gonna not work out without something akin to a matchmaker.

whos this idiot and what has he done with the real ashfire, HE would NEVER underestimate the pug mentality or go so far as to say it needs this or that, or him

What's been stopping it is that scrimbot needs a complete rewrite to allow for something like this, not lack of interest.

nor would he think that this is all that big a deal

he'd be watching shia labeouf's "just do it", snap his fingers twice, chant "ommh bishi bishi sowakka", subsequently resulting in an infusion of players in the thousands, 0 empty servers, 0 nonfull servers, and voip, players would meet each other, analyze one another, etc etc, eventually coalescing a 6 man team and joining into competitive play, or simply scrim comp teams

thus a pug match has formed 

bam pugs abound now GG

Edited by the dark side calls to you, 24 September 2015 - 04:33 PM.

• PoopSlinger and Amidatelion like this

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users