- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

PinkborgWonkborg

PinkborgWonkborg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I have always been able to play hawken smoothly on the lowest graphic setting but now that I came back I keep getting lag no matter what I do. Everything goes frame by frame and I have no idea why. My connection isn't an issue and even in offline matches I get the same lag. I am going to try to uninstall and reinstall to see if that might change anything.

UPDATE

I decided to keep the plastic hawken textures and leave it on ultra settings, it keeps the game running smoothly and it adds some extra effects that I normally couldn't run on vanilla low settings. 

I would like to thank HK-47D for such a quick response and helping me identify the issue. And I would like to thank eth0 for making this nice texture pack that can be found below...

https://community.pl...w2-screenshots/

Edited by PinkborgWonkborg, 15 December 2015 - 09:55 PM.

HK-47D

HK-47D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
Possible graphics driver update borked things?

(\__/)
(='.'=) 

(") (")?

PinkborgWonkborg

PinkborgWonkborg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

That could be an issue, something must have gone screwy with the textures because I just tried out the plastic hawken textures and now the game runs fine because everything was toned down so much. I guess I could install an older graphic driver if it's even available and I don't know if it might mess with my other games as well. Just seems like a lot of trouble to get a game to run the way it was before.

HK-47D

HK-47D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
For giggles, you could try
1. Windows check disk
2. Make sure nothing is running in the background (virus scan, Windows update, etc...)
3. Verify Hawkens file integrity in steam (will undo your plastic textures)
4. Clean install of graphics drivers

(\__/)
(='.'=) 

(") (")?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users